NEurope
Ashley

Hyrule Warriors

Increase the difficulty and that doesn't happen

So then "crap" graphics is how they get round animating so many characters all at once?

So my question from that new screenshot is does Dynasty Warriors have that "thing" where there are hundreds of enemies on screen but those other than the ones immediately attacking just stand idling? It's one thing that bothered me with Dead Rising 3 zombies not moving until you were close to them and then they activate...takes you right out of the experience.

Yeah, it still happens...kinda. On higher difficulties you get one or two more attacking you in the immediate area and the combos they pull off are more aggressive but for the most part they still just line up and wait their turn. It happened on the PS2 games and it was still happening on the 360 ones.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

So my question from that new screenshot is does Dynasty Warriors have that "thing" where there are hundreds of enemies on screen but those other than the ones immediately attacking just stand idling? It's one thing that bothered me with Dead Rising 3 zombies not moving until you were close to them and then they activate...takes you right out of the experience.

Increase the difficulty and that doesn't happen

Not at all true, on the highest difficulty the vast majority still stand around doing nothing. It's mostly damage output and general/officer aggression that changes.

Not at all true, on the highest difficulty the vast majority still stand around doing nothing. It's mostly damage output and general/officer aggression that changes.

Ok thanks for clarification...As said hate this practice takes me out of the experience so these games aren't for me!

I wonder what makes Serebii type those kinds of replies. Details that you either have no idea about so shouldn't really comment, or know instantly to be untrue through playing it yourself.

I wonder what makes Serebii type those kinds of replies. Details that you either have no idea about so shouldn't really comment, or know instantly to be untrue through playing it yourself.

Well I'm glad you corrected him so now I have a better idea of how it actually works.

That seems to be the highest difficulty in Dynasty Warriors 8 (which, frankly, looks like absolute turd in terms of gameplay). The AI seems to not be particularly aggressive as they appear to swarm but not do much attacking (as evidenced by the times the player just casually strolls past a load of them while they're standing there).

Ok thanks for clarification...As said hate this practice takes me out of the experience so these games aren't for me!

It's like a movie when you see a gang of bullies beating up some dude and the omega bullies stand around watching the good guy beat the alpha bully. At least have some dudes chipping in a few hits and getting TKO'd with one hit to keep it visually (and in the context of a game, cognitively taxing).

Either way - looking forward to a swift release. It could be Bayonetta2 and this tiding us over until winter on WiiU.

Isn't the "one enemy attacking whilst the rest stand about" what they did in Wind Waker?

Isn't the "one enemy attacking whilst the rest stand about" what they did in Wind Waker?

3D Zelda games do that with certain enemies (most obvious example I can think of is the Stalfos in Ocarina of Time), but that's out of necessity as it would be enormously frustrating if they ganged up on you at once - they talk about this in the Ocarina of Time 3D Iwata Asks

Koizumi: Right. Then, when we were making The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, I thought up something when we were making the camera system for fighting enemies. What caught my attention in the studio park was the sword fight. They regularly put on shows in which the hero defeats ruffians. Watching that, I thought, "Hmm, that's weird." That was because there was no way one person could fight and win when surrounded by 20 opponents.

Iwata: Because he's vastly outnumbered.

Koizumi: I thought there must be some kind of trick, so I watched very closely, and it was simple. It's a sword battle, so there's a script and a certain setup. The enemies don't all attack at once. First, one attacks while the others wait. When the first guy goes down, the next one steps in, and so on.

Iwata: It's blocked out so they attack one-by-one, in order.

Koizumi: Right. One thing I had been trying to figure out with regard to Z-targeting was how to fight multiple enemies. If I just made it like normal, the enemies would swarm the player all at once, so it would be a mess.

Iwata: Yeah.

Koizumi: Watching that show at the studio park was a clue toward solving that problem. Z-targeting flags one particular opponent, telling the other enemies to wait.

Not all enemies will wait their turn, but typically the larger or more complex ones will. The Moblins in Wind Waker will gang up on you for instance, while the Darknuts will always attack in turn.

-August 14th

-Retail - 7,980 yen, eShop - 6,980, Premium Box Set - 11,664

-Premium set comes with a Triforce shaped clock, and serial codes for 6 special costumes.

-Will also be a 'Treasure Box' version available on Amazon and Tecmo Koei's online store 'GAMECITY', but no details yet on what it includes.

-Developed by ωForce, Team NINJA, supervised by Aonuma.

-Story is Link an in-training soldier must rescue the Princess Zelda from the witch Shia who has been turned evil somehow.

-2 player mode where one person is on the GamePad, while another is on the TV. When playing alone the GamePad acts as a menu.

-Equipping different weapons onto characters will change the way they fight, including speed focused one-handed swords to heavier weapons that focus on damage.

-Weapon upgrade system and character growth/improvement

-Musou action combined with the Zelda series' Z-targeting means you can avoid attacks and focus on enemy weak spots.

-Zelda series' spin attack appears instead of the Musou Ranbu (?) of the musou franchise.

-Bombs make an appearance, won't just be used for throwing at enemies.

-Impa, a captain of the Royal Army, appears as a playable character wielding a giant long sword.

-Several other characters are playable too. Aonuma was surprised by how many.

-Playable at E3.

No mention of online... Do the other games have online? Would be insane if they did but this doesn't!

No mention of online... Do the other games have online? Would be insane if they did but this doesn't!

Yup, indeed they do.

-August 14th

-Retail - 7,980 yen, eShop - 6,980, Premium Box Set - 11,664

-Premium set comes with a Triforce shaped clock, and serial codes for 6 special costumes.

-Will also be a 'Treasure Box' version available on Amazon and Tecmo Koei's online store 'GAMECITY', but no details yet on what it includes.

-Developed by ωForce, Team NINJA, supervised by Aonuma.

-Story is Link an in-training soldier must rescue the Princess Zelda from the witch Shia who has been turned evil somehow.

-2 player mode where one person is on the GamePad, while another is on the TV. When playing alone the GamePad acts as a menu.

-Equipping different weapons onto characters will change the way they fight, including speed focused one-handed swords to heavier weapons that focus on damage.

-Weapon upgrade system and character growth/improvement

-Musou action combined with the Zelda series' Z-targeting means you can avoid attacks and focus on enemy weak spots.

-Zelda series' spin attack appears instead of the Musou Ranbu (?) of the musou franchise.

-Bombs make an appearance, won't just be used for throwing at enemies.

-Impa, a captain of the Royal Army, appears as a playable character wielding a giant long sword.

-Several other characters are playable too. Aonuma was surprised by how many.

-Playable at E3.

Now I do like the sound of that. Maybe, just maybe it'll have a little more depth than your typical DW game...

I like the suggestion that bombs might end up being used for more than just basic combat too...

Also nice to see another game that uses the Gamepad in place of 2 player splitscreen. Love it when games do that (I'm looking at YOU Mario Kart 8...)

Now I do like the sound of that. Maybe, just maybe it'll have a little more depth than your typical DW game...

I like the suggestion that bombs might end up being used for more than just basic combat too...

Also nice to see another game that uses the Gamepad in place of 2 player splitscreen. Love it when games do that (I'm looking at YOU Mario Kart 8...)

What's that? Are you starting to maybe get a little bit interested in this game?

Because I've been wanting to give this a shot since I first saw it. Looks like good mindless fun.

What's that? Are you starting to maybe get a little bit interested in this game?

Because I've been wanting to give this a shot since I first saw it. Looks like good mindless fun.

Well Pokemon Rumble was slightly fun when you threw 4 player co-op into the mix...

We'll see... Although if Tingle, Groose and Linebeck did end up being playable, then I don't think I could possibly say no ;)

So do people actually like Groose, or is it one of those "this character would be so bad that it would be funny to ask for him in everything" situations? Like when people jokingly ask for Jar Jar in Episode VII.

So do people actually like Groose, or is it one of those "this character would be so bad that it would be funny to ask for him in everything" situations? Like when people jokingly ask for Jar Jar in Episode VII.

I don't know, he did actually make me smile whenever he turned up in a conversation.

He's so unlikable, he's kinda funny in a weird sort of way.

Also, he actually kinda manned up and helped out in the last battle against The Imprisoned.

So yeah, I'm a fan.

Nintendo have learned from their Tomadatchi Life fiasco and made link a hermaphrodite.

I... I want that scarf.

I like the design they're using here, something really cool about it.

BoLTchgIYAA0LEG.jpg:orig

BoLTmIQIIAEZQBH.jpg:orig

BoLTv9aIcAEfbgB.jpg:orig

Holy crap Impa has a big sword

Edited by Serebii