NEurope
Ashley

Hyrule Warriors

Why is Link wearing a snood?

More importantly, why does Link look feminine?

This game really is splitting opinions across the Internet. We really need to see more.

To be fair, what we have seen ( at least gameplay wise ) is a fair representation of what the game will be like. If you've played any of the warriors games before, whether it be Dynasty, Samurai or one of the spinoffs, such as Gundam, they all play the same.

Graphically these games have never been great, it's mostly about the hack and slash gameplay, with over the top moves and a massive amount of enemies.

Two things I want to see from this:

1. Online co-op. The other Warrior games have online co-op for the story mode and this should be no different. No excuses, just give us online.

2. A good selection of characters. Again, the other games have a stupid amount of characters to choose from and I hope they would be at least 15-20 in this.

Zelda is a strange franchise to pick for this. Personally, and I know others on the net have stated this as well, I think Fire Emblem would have been a far better franchise to use. The amount of characters in those games would have made for a great selection, not to mention the different classes. Also, the way the Dynasty series split into an Empire series would have fitted the FE universe perfectly.

I guess with FE already having a collaboration another games using the franchise would be seen as overkill.

wow, i really liked this trailer, and i am a hardcore Zelda fan, i really like the idea of Hyrule being at war, play co-op with Link Zelda and some more famous hyrule wariors, Zora, goron, sheiks etc.

from pictures the screens look nice. but there is alot of room for improvement i like links design, but they should upgrade the enemies design

Wouldn't sell anywhere near as well without Link at the helm, but this game might have been better if they had themed it around the Sheikah and their speed, ninja and magic like moves.

If it's anything like Samurai Warriors it will do, and hopefully you can switch between them at will look other games in the series. I think it would incredibly naive on their part to have just Link as a playable character.

But I don't know how people aren't feeling the satisfaction factor. It'd be like the end part of Skyward Sword, scything your way through hordes of enemies.

Personally I've never found this type of gameplay mechanic interesting and for that reason I'm out.

If we get various playable characters from different races, that's the first step towards that MMO I suggested the other day.

I like the prospect, in all honesty. I always thought the transformations in Majora's Mask were awesome, and severely underused outside of that game.

This seems to be Temco's formula these days: Dynasty Warriors + [unrelated successful franchise] = Dem ¥ens.

This game looks seriously boring to me. I'd like to think there will be more to it than what the trailer showed but that's probably not going to be the case. Disappointing for me but I'm sure some people out there will be loving it.

Personally I've never found this type of gameplay mechanic interesting and for that reason I'm out.

I remember one of my friends getting me to play Dynasty Warriors back in the day. I got bored in about 3 mins from the repetitive bashing of 2 buttons. It's like REALLY dull Double Dragon.

I'm sure that some people will enjoy this but even if I did still have my Wii U then I wouldn't be picking it up. But hey, they could show footage in the future that shows that this is something quite different. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Nintendo felt cornered into showing it even in early development.

Oops, edit. Posted that in the wrong thread.

As for this, I'm actually quite looking forward to it. Never replayed the series and it's cheap and easy, but I a. Sucker for playing games with Nintendo characters in - I bought fight night, soul calibur and now tempted for sonic for the very same reason :)

And if Nintendo add even a fraction of their quality to it it should be good. But online co op is a must.

Edited by dazzybee
Automerged Doublepost

And if Nintendo add even a fraction of their quality to it it should be good. But online co op is a must.

Which, if history serves, is exactly why it won't happen!

I kinda liked the grind and slaughter fest of Dynasty Warriors, but one thing I always thought they could improve (maybe in later hardware revisions) is to have more people actually doing something. The game could always boast having many models on screen on once, but that was because the vast majority didn't even try attack you. Apart from the generals.

Well people said they wanted nintendo to shake up the Zelda formula, and here it is.

OK it's not a 'proper' Zelda game, but it's not like any other Zelda before it. Though perhaps we do just want a normal Zelda afterall?

I won't be lamenting that it's not a proper Zelda game, at the end of the day it's a hack and slash score attack game, for people who like hack and slash score attack games. I think adding Zelda is genius, it will probably make people a lot more curious about that kind of game who otherwise wouldn't be, I know I am. And as it's made by a third party it's not being made at the expense of any other first party game, so I see no harm in it.

That's exactly how I feel. Never played a Dynasty Warriors game, never appealed to me, but being Zelda it appeals to me instantly. Just the character, the look, the weapons, the villains, even a basic hack em up and I'd enjoy it I reckon :)If they add a little more complexity with puzzles/exploration even better. But there's nothing to lose and yet another exclusive, which the Wii U needs

Edited by dazzybee

That's exactly how I feel. Never played a Dynasty Warriors game, never appealed to me, but being Zelda it appeals to me instantly. Just the character, the loo, the weapons, the villains, even a basic hack em up and I'd enjoy it I reckon :)If they add a little more complexity with puzzles/exploration even better. But there's nothing to lose and yet another exclusive, which the Wii U needs

Must have missed the bit in the trailer where Link took a steaming shit!:heh:

Haha, shame you quoted me as I can't stealth edit now. Not even on my iPad either :) No excuses. Though couldn't you go to the toilet on Skyward Sword or have i completely made that up?

One thing I like about this game so far is the fact that they're bringing several Zelda elements directly from previous games (King Dodongo, SS Bokoblins, the Hyrule guards, the Fire Rod, etc.), so this can be seen as a general celebration of the series, as well.

Also, yes, Link could sit on the toilet in Skyward Sword

Gametrailers have mentioned this on both episodes of their new weekly podcast [Thanks For Playing] now... that they think basically the only reason we're getting Hyrule Warriors, or basically a Zelda themed another franchise, is because Zelda for Wii U itself is a LONG way off release, and they need something to fill the gap for the series.

So what do we think? Christmas 2015 for the next Zelda?