NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Direct 18th December - Wii U & 3DS Spring 2014 Titles

in terms of dlc, it would be good if they sold track packs, item packs (maybe have a snes items set with only powerups from the snes game - including that feather!) stuff like that.

in terms of dlc, it would be good if they sold track packs, item packs (maybe have a snes items set with only powerups from the snes game - including that feather!) stuff like that.

They wouldn't do something like that though since it would affect the main game. Whatever DLC Nintendo does, it must be separate from the main Race & Battle mode experience...

Maybe they could actually sell different modes altogether! Add additional battle modes (with their own set of stages) later on down the line... Stuff like a new Bobomb Blast style battle mode, or a mode with all new items that are only for use in that battle mode.

Or if Mission Mode makes a return, they could sell additional missions with their own set of leaderboards after launch...

Or you know what would be cool? A retro mode that re-creates stages from the 3D games (MK64, MKDD, MKDS, MKWii, MK7, MK8) in SNES style Mode 7! I'd definitely buy that one! :D

Items/Characters/Stages for the main mode though? No way. They wont do it.

Edited by Dcubed

They could force a patch update to add the new stages/characters to everyone connected online and the DLC simply unlocks them.

Despite what I said in the other thread, I do think it's likely to be mission mode stuff.

Well we're off to a good start for today's Nintendo Direct. Nintendo have just confirmed that MSX and TG16 games will be coming to the Japanese VC service on both Wii U and 3DS!

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/12/pc_engine_and_msx_games_coming_to_japanese_3ds_and_wii_u_virtual_console_services

Here's hoping that the west follows suit (and that more consoles will be coming too!)

More places to replay and relive old MSX and PC Engine/TG16 classics is always a good thing! :D Just seeing that announced has me all nostalgic for some of the shmups on the PC Engine I spent so much time playing (such as Soldier Blade!!!).

Expecting this ND to be rather run of the mill and pretty much focus on what we know is coming with maybe one little surprise thrown in there. Would be nice to see some 3rd party titles shown off for the Wii U to make it a little easier to consider buying one but that's just a nonsensical pipe dream at this point :heh:

Wellif. They don't want to split the user base they'll have to give us the tracks for free :) But surely they have to release extra tracks. Well obviously they don't, but it would be a huge missed opporutnity for them, and a massive disppointment for us.

Have a feeling this is gonna be a big one.

Better than any E3 of recent years.

Almost Christmas. They're gonna want to generate big, instant buzz.

Think we'll get a Zelda teaser, 2 new Metroid games announced, exclusive Vanquish 2.

Expect it.

My logic is undeniable.

I get the feeling that we're going to see something Smash related.

Forget Cranky Kong. It's all about the Captain.

tumblr_m0867pTvbc1rotu1yo1_400.gif

Falcon_f1e74e_1985652.gif

tumblr_m4jz99SsvF1qj4weoo1_1280.gif

All i would like to see is some GBA goodness for the 3DS (it would be about time). And some N64/GC releases for the WiiU over the holidays. Make it happen Nintendo, please.

They wouldn't do something like that though since it would affect the main game. Whatever DLC Nintendo does, it must be separate from the main Race & Battle mode experience...

Personally I tend to like DLC to have an affect on the game its for... What (presumably negative) affect do you foresee??

Wellif. They don't want to split the user base they'll have to give us the tracks for free :) But surely they have to release extra tracks. Well obviously they don't, but it would be a huge missed opporutnity for them, and a massive disppointment for us.

I suppose they could restrict online use of DLC. Each additional track would split the online userbase that much more, if they set DLC online use to only with people in your friends list it wouldn't cause the same level of disruption to the main userbase? I'm sure there are more elegant solutions than making an outright restriction though. I would love all the mariokart heritage to be right there on one game... well.. just the whole snes stuff really :D But they drip feed it so there is a "fresh" nostalgia shot in each new mario game, rather than releasing a definitive version and potentially damaging sales of the next versions.

It's Christmas time and I want my presents Nintendo. This has to be good, not just for our sake but much more for their own. It's a time for giving and surprises, they best not disappoint again. I'm at the end of my tether with Nintendo. A massive 3rd party sizzle reel would be great and I don't mean indies, won't happen. I don't think they can survive on their own, they aren't.

How about the tracks are free online to everyone. But maybe a download pack has an extra character and some mission modes, as well as the new cup off line. That means it doesn't split online, but big incentive for downloading anyway. Best of both worlds and a really brave dlc model for Nintendo.

Cranky Kong is way too obvious. How about Crash Bandicoot for SSB4? There must be a reason Activision keeps making Wii U games when no one buys them!

Personally I tend to like DLC to have an affect on the game its for... What (presumably negative) affect do you foresee??

It's not about it being positive or negative. It's just that this is Nintendo's standard policy on paid DLC. Every single one of their games has kept DLC confined to modes outside of the main "story" mode if you will and Iwata has repeatedly stated that they want to sell their games as "complete" experiences where any DLC that gets released is only additive (not affecting the main game modes) and comes out after the game has been released (usually made to spec based on their customer feedback).

I'm just expecting them to continue the trend that they have publically said that they will set out to follow. That means that, going by Nintendo's own policy, any potential DLC for MK8 or SSB4 must be seperate from the main game modes.

Japanese Direct is 49 minutes long

Hmm, one half of me can't be bothered, the other half is filled with hype and wants to translate everything.

Ah fuck it, it's the holidays, I'll let some other fucker do the hard work and keep to the EU stream.

Hmm, one half of me can't be bothered, the other half is filled with hype and wants to translate everything.

Ah fuck it, it's the holidays, I'll let some other fucker do the hard work and keep to the EU stream.

If you follow me on Twitter, I'll be tweeting the cool stuff from all three. Would post here buthave a site to cover in case of Pokémon :)

I really can't wait for this. By 'this' I mean the disappointment and wailing from those who clearly didn't read the 'Spring Games 2014' bit. Yeah, it didn't say new game announcements, it didn't say megaton and it certainly didn't say new footage of games due for holiday 2014 or later.

But yeah, ZOMG it'll be Zelda Wii U, Zelda MM remake in HD, Metroid Prime 4 and a teaser for F-Zero ONLINE. Yeah, that's what it'll be!