NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Direct 18th December - Wii U & 3DS Spring 2014 Titles

Make me happy Nintendo. You have the power to, but I know you won't.

Would the Live Stream work on an Andriod smartphone?

Yup I've streamed them from a phone before :)

Yup I've streamed them from a phone before :)

Really do you use an app for it? Or just the web browser?

I remember trying to watch I think the MS E3 conference on my phone as I was out of the house and it wouldn't work....never tried a Nintendo Direct before

Mario kart for ACTUAL spring and some awesome online modes and dlc..

Nintendo tvii FINALLY.

Smash for summer.

Virtual console and eshop cross play.

Mii verse notifications.

GBA, n64, GameCube, Saturn virtual console.

Improved Wii sports online. And golf.

One new Wii u game announcement.

All this isn't THAT far fetched. But it being Nintendo do it kind of is.

Will watch it when I'm home from work. Fortunately Nintendo are pretty good at uploading it to youtube quite quickly so I'll hopefullly remain spoiler free. I have no real hope/expectations for the direct itself but it'll be nice to see some more Mario Kart footage.

However I demand there be a montage video celebrating Luigi's year :heh:

Mario kart for ACTUAL spring and some awesome online modes and dlc..

Nintendo tvii FINALLY.

Smash for summer.

Virtual console and eshop cross play.

Mii verse notifications.

GBA, n64, GameCube, Saturn virtual console.

Improved Wii sports online. And golf.

One new Wii u game announcement.

All this isn't THAT far fetched. But it being Nintendo do it kind of is.

Nintendo will NEVER announce DLC before the game is even out. Hell, their DLC policy is firmly against that.

Mario kart should be on time. With the sales of the Wii U as they are I don't think they can afford a delay. Smash coming out spring as was already "erroneously" mentioned a few days back is also possible.

TVii SHOULD be announced - they said 2013, they only have a few days left to make good on that.

A slightly boosted VC console support is more likely if publishers have been requesting it, but I would be surprised to see GC games available in particular - either way my GC library is healthy and I can still play that on my wii so no gain there.

improved wii sports seems likely.

a new multiformat game also coming to wii U a few months after its been released on the PS4 and X1 is the best I am hoping for in terms of brand new game announcements.

Bit off topic, but I just had a thought, if a GC disc found its way into a Wii U, what would happen? would the disc be loaded, but the Wii U unable to eject it, essentially bricking the console... or would the disc not be insertable at all??

found out

boring really : /

Edited by Pestneb

Really do you use an app for it? Or just the web browser?

I remember trying to watch I think the MS E3 conference on my phone as I was out of the house and it wouldn't work....never tried a Nintendo Direct before

No app, I just went straight to the website and the player worked fine :)

OR DOES HE?!!?

tumblr_lkn6yspqU91qir7tyo1_250.gif

Would explain a lot... :idea:

Would love some N64 on the GamePad.

Haven't been too enamoured with the SNES/NES titles on it so far. Seeing some 3D games would be great. The resolution on the GamePad would probably suit N64 games well I'd imagine.

Would be a bizarre thing to announce now. Looking forward to the ND (as ever), but not getting hyped.

Edited by tapedeck

YOU DONT MAKE NINTENDO'S DECISIONS!

No, but they have stated that they don't think about DLC until after completion of the game and their mandate is to not develop until after completion of the game.

Whether they will or not, the idea of announcing DLC before a game is released is just ridiculous IMO. If it's known about before... put it in the bloody game!

I wonder if Nintendo will announce Zelda Wii U today becuse they did say they was going to show it at this years E3 and they said the same at Comic Con

Well we're off to a good start for today's Nintendo Direct. Nintendo have just confirmed that MSX and TG16 games will be coming to the Japanese VC service on both Wii U and 3DS!

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/12/pc_engine_and_msx_games_coming_to_japanese_3ds_and_wii_u_virtual_console_services

Here's hoping that the west follows suit (and that more consoles will be coming too!)

No, but they have stated that they don't think about DLC until after completion of the game and their mandate is to not develop until after completion of the game.

I'm sure the announced pikmin dlc potentially before the game was released.

Also, Mario kart is a bit different. Saying they're going to keep working on new tracks and release them makes sense.

And lastly, just because they know they'll do it, doesn't mean it isn't extra work and it should be in the game at launch. Surely we all expect the usual 32 tracks. Saying they'll release new and retro cups every month or so wouldn't be a big deal.

I'm pretty sure we're going to see Cranky Kong revealed in Smash…if not him I hope it's a 3rd party character.

Other than that, my only wish is a proper account system...

Kamiya has said he is in tonight's Direct, but is potentially trolling because it's Kamiya :p

Also, Mario kart is a bit different. Saying they're going to keep working on new tracks and release them makes sense.

And lastly, just because they know they'll do it, doesn't mean it isn't extra work and it should be in the game at launch. Surely we all expect the usual 32 tracks. Saying they'll release new and retro cups every month or so wouldn't be a big deal.

No. Pikmin came out in July. First DLC was announced in October

Edited by Serebii

They didn't... but they DID announce DLC for NSMB2 and FEA before they got released. Either way the DLC didn't start getting made until after the games were released because they wanted to make them in response to the feedback they got from players after they already played the game (with NSMB2 in particular, players asked for classic stages, very difficult stages and stages that allowed you to earn lots of coins very quickly).

Announcing free or paid DLC before release isn't unprecedented for Nintendo, so I can see them announcing such DLC before MK8 and Smash Bros get released, but the actual DLC wont start being worked on until the game is actually unleashed onto the world.

What's interesting with those games though is just how exactly they would handle DLC. All of Nintendo's games that have paid DLC have it ONLY for modes that are separate from the main game (Coin Rush Mode, Mission Mode in Pikmin 3, Side Chapters in FEA, NSLU etc). With MK8 and SSB4 though, I'm not sure how they'd handle that since they're multiplayer experiences that rely on everyone having access to the same base content and they want to sell the base game as a "complete" experience. They wouldn't want to split their userbase, so simply adding additional characters or tracks to the roster is out of the question...