NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Direct 18th December - Wii U & 3DS Spring 2014 Titles

Hyrule Warrior and Sonic DLC is 3rd party support. I know it's not what you wanted but it is what it is.

Thought there would be more EU release dates, but AAvsPL was nice.

Firstly Sonic has already released and secondly Hyrule Warriors is not 3rd party support. They're being paid to make this game. Is Metroid: Other M a 3rd party game? They're using Nintendo franchises. Wii U Sports is a 3rd party game so, it's developed by Namco. What about Smash?

They've shown nothing for 2014 and before people say it's only Nintendo titles or exclusives, well it didn't stop them in previous Nintendo Directs showing 3rd party games.

I've just managed to watch it sneakily at work.

Loved it! Loved everything about it. For me, this Nintendo Direct certainly delivered the goods.

Edit. Also, excited that they added more courses for Wii Golf. Will give it a go later when the girifriend gets back :)

Edited by Ike
Removed reference to removed post.

I've just managed to watch it sneakily at work.

Loved it! Loved everything about it. For me, this Nintendo Direct certainly delivered the goods.

You on dat Dr. Luigi lovin' time, brah?

This doubles the fanbase count. We're up to two members now.

Did my application get lost in the post?

I love germ blaster on wiiware! And the gameboy version was smack to me! I think it's too expensive but I'll undoubtedly still get it.

I cleaned up the thread a bit @Happenstance is entitled to his opinion negative or otherwise. Doesn't help when people are calling other people out on expressing their opinion.

I debated removing the original message but decided to leave it, so lets just leave it at that.

I'm on board. I'm a big fan of Dr. Mario and this one looks great.

I cleaned up the thread a bit @Happenstance is entitled to his opinion negative or otherwise. Doesn't help when people are calling other people out on expressing their opinion.

I debated removing the original message but decided to leave it, so lets just leave it at that.

So you've joined the right wing mod brigade who only censor certain posts... :)

So it's not classed as spamming saying the same thing in every Nintendo thread? Is talking about nintendos long term strategy and failure to woo non Nintendo fans really "on-topic"

What has happened to Mario Golf?

This is a good point, supposed to be out last summer, now hidden... Maybe being saved for next summer but that's a huge shame.

They're doing a smashing job of moderating incendiary posts, as far as I can see.

So it's not classed as spamming saying the same thing in every Nintendo thread? Is talking about nintendos long term strategy and failure to woo non Nintendo fans really "on-topic"

I hovered over the infraction button for a while but instead I'll say this: If you have a problem with the staff or what is being done speak to us directly. Don't bitch and moan about it in a thread as it does nobody any favours. I am happy to discuss this with you outside of this thread, but if you carry on like this I will have to take further action.

And I would like to clarify "carry on like this" doesn't mean appreciating Nintendo, before anyone suggests that, but rather attacking others and making snide comments about the staff.

Furthermore I would like to remind you that you cannot dictate who engages with a thread providing they are on topic. If you feel they are being off topic and it is detrimental, again speak to us. Do not say they should just leave.

So you want us to remove all the negative posts and keep only the happy ones? That would be censoring.

But as far as I'm concerned, the one currently causing the problems is you. The posts I "censored" were breaking the rules. Yes, the negative posts are tiring but your not helping either.

Take it to PM if you have an issue.

The Nintendo Direct Cycle:

1. Nintendo announce a Direct, fans take notice;

2. Nintendo clearly state a topic for the Direct, hype begins to rise as discussion ensues;

3. Fans misread/wilfully ignore the stated topic, hype goes through the roof due to insane speculation based on nothing other than pure fantasy and wishful thinking;

4. Nintendo Direct arrives, whatever they show it will NEVER live up to expectations and idiotic levels of hype built around exactly the opposite of what the Direct was billed as;

5. Ensuing internet shit storm and hate directed at Nintendo for 'letting us all down'.

This cycle continues forever as no one ever learns. The same thing happened weeks back at the VGAs when it was clearly stated that Nintendo were showing new footage of an existing Wii U title. Yet somehow people managed to speculate it was an all new game!!!

That was a great Direct IMO, very impressed. Surprised (or is that not surprised) by the negative reaction. They just can't win.

Wii's hysterics are amusing though. Shame no "F U Ninty!"

The Nintendo Direct Cycle:

1. Nintendo announce a Direct, fans take notice;

2. Nintendo clearly state a topic for the Direct, hype begins to rise as discussion ensues;

3. Fans misread/wilfully ignore the stated topic, hype goes through the roof due to insane speculation based on nothing other than pure fantasy and wishful thinking;

4. Nintendo Direct arrives, whatever they show it will NEVER live up to expectations and idiotic levels of hype built around exactly the opposite of what the Direct was billed as;

5. Ensuing internet shit storm and hate directed at Nintendo for 'letting us all down'.

This cycle continues forever as no one ever learns. The same thing happened weeks back at the VGAs when it was clearly stated that Nintendo were showing new footage of an existing Wii U title. Yet somehow people managed to speculate it was an all new game!!!

This is a bit OTT and doesn't really apply to anyone on this board (although maybe GAF). I think everyone here, even those who were disappointed with it, didn't expect loads of new games, just some launch dates (i.e. For MK and all the eShop games coming in Q1) and maybe news of what's happening with the Virtual Console (for both consoles, actually).

The problem seems to be when people express some disappoint they are greeted with 'BUT THEY DROPPED LOADS OF BOMBS' and 'Well you shouldn't have expected that, it's your fault, Nintendo are teh awesome'.

At the end of the day, Nintendo are clearly over stretched right now and can only have a limited output; you can't expect everyone to be jumping up and down in excitement over the NES remix game and the Luigi thing.

Anyway, can we please move on from this? The direct was decent; they showed a few small surprises and we got some dates and info for Spring titles. They aren't going to make anyone new buy the console but it will keep us busy :)

Was a pretty good Nintendo Direct, Wii Sports Club Golf looks great, uses the gamepad well and all. Smash Bros 4 & Mario Kart 8 both look fantastic.

I'll be using the 24 hour trial with Golf over the holidays before buying it, but right now it looks a must buy.

That Hyrule Warriors has to be very very early in development, looks very rough but will probably turn out to be a fun game.

That was a great Direct IMO, very impressed. Surprised (or is that not surprised) by the negative reaction. They just can't win.

Wii's hysterics are amusing though. Shame no "F U Ninty!"

Have you ever read the forum rules?

You know what you're at.

Let it go, I have. I said what was good and what was bad. I've not harped on about it.

So you want us to remove all the negative posts and keep only the happy ones? That would be censoring.

But as far as I'm concerned, the one currently causing the problems is you. The posts I "censored" were breaking the rules. Yes, the negative posts are tiring but your not helping either.

Take it to PM if you have an issue.

How many times do we need to go through this. ITS NOT ABOUT NEGATIVE COMMENTS. If he said Zelda looked a bit shit (like lots and lots of people have) then fine. This "not allowed a negative opinion" is such a cheap way to demean people who get annoyed at these people. Please stop doing it

I'll take it to a pm. But I feel the board has become almost unbearable for some people and it's a bigger issue, but I'll do it privately anyway.

I'll be using the 24 hour trial with Golf over the holidays before buying it, but right now it looks a must buy.

When you say "over the holidays" when do you mean? Think you might use it this weekend? Let me know if you are playing and we'll try set up a match :D I'm using my free pass now but will be buying it tomorrow (hell might aswell do it this evening I guess)

I'm home till Monday and going to my sisters then Xmas eve till the 27th, Wii U is coming with me but will likely be used for local play on Golf, Mario 3D World and Karaoke over the 3 days :D

I love how Nintendo tend to do these Directs on a Wednesday as I'm normally off work on Weds - but NOT TODAY!! :weep:

So I missed this, but will catch up shortly. I already know about Rosalina as saw on Facebook and I'm pretty hyped for that!! Looking forward to seeing more of MK8 as the screenies I've seen look sweet!

Also - I'm now even more pleased I've got Sonic Lost World on my xmas list - this DLC sounds great! :)

Also - I'm now even more pleased I've got Sonic Lost World on my xmas list - this DLC sounds great! :)

The free Yoshi level is pretty pants. I've just played it and thought it would be a full zone but it's just one level that last a couple of minutes. :(

The free Yoshi level is pretty pants. I've just played it and thought it would be a full zone but it's just one level that last a couple of minutes. :(

Well done for killing my hype Hero-of-Time! :laughing:

Maybe I should have stuck to looking at the screen shots and presuming it'd be half decent haha. :heh:

Is anyone else a little confused at the amount of Kirby titles that get released? He's not hugely popular internationally (apart from in Smash) and I've never seen any of them do great number although I'll be happy for someone to correct me.

Overall I'm a bit disappointed that this was so Wii U heavy. I'm excited about Layton/Wright but it feels a bit "about time!" rather than "yaaaaay"