NEurope
Happenstance

Playstation Plus Free Games

Sony gives Roll7 estimated first month earnings + x aka a lot of money. People sign up to PS+ and hopefully forget to disable auto-renew :p

People sign up to PS+ and hopefully forget to disable auto-renew :p

Speaking of which, I've only just now got around to disabling auto-renew for subscriptions as I funded my wallet via PayPal for £20 primarily so I could be entered into a prize draw to win one of those limited edition Playstation PS4 consoles and there it was after I'd funded it, the option to turn the auto-renew off.

I mean it's not a complete disaster, I tend to be renewing one way or another, but I do have two more 90 day subscription cards to use up by the end of the year, I may just use them soon so I don't forget. :heh:

Will be playing Sherlock and Valiant Hearts and then try out the others.

Should set my subscription back to renew while we're on that topic. Only turned it of because I was out of job at the time of renewal. I think it's in May or June.

Plus is ridiculously good isn't it?
It really is. I was a bit skeptical of it before signing up, but the quality and variety of the games getting added every month is fantastic. :)

It's also great how it covers multiple platforms. I'm almost tempted to get a PS Vita. :heh:

One of this things I love about Plus is that it gets me to play games I usually would pass on. Valiant Hearts is such a gem, can't believe I might have missed it. I haven't even got round to playing Counter Spy too, and I was really looking forward to that. And OlliOlli isn't my sort of game, I picked up the first one and I get why people like, it just isn't for me.

Interested to try Abe, too. Forgot about that one.

Loving OlliOlli 2. icon14.gif

Once you get to grips with the controls, it's a lot of fun. The visual style also reminds me of Tomena Sanner, which is cool. And some of the wipeouts are hilarious, as seen here when I jump off a ramp way too early: :D

MhShzs9.jpg?1

:laughing:

It really is. I was a bit skeptical of it before signing up, but the quality and variety of the games getting added every month is fantastic. :)

It's also great how it covers multiple platforms. I'm almost tempted to get a PS Vita. :heh:

PS+ is ridiculous. It's quite exciting when the end of the month arrives and you wonder what will be up next. I've got a nice backlog of games to play and it means that there is always something new to try.

I think I've ended up with a decent PS3 collection despite not owning one. Have been tempted to pick one up for ages and same with the Vita.

Been watching videos for Oddworld. Looks beautiful. Tempted to try that after I tackle Valiant Hearts.

I just finished Valiant Hearts. What a bloody wonderful game. The intercutting between all the characters narratives was done so well and the constantly changing gameplay was always a delight. I learned so much about World War I, too.

I just finished Valiant Hearts. What a bloody wonderful game. The intercutting between all the characters narratives was done so well and the constantly changing gameplay was always a delight. I learned so much about World War I, too.

It's freaking awesome, isn't it? The way it's both a very dark and light hearted game at the same time is done incredibly well. It's a very touching story, and like you, I learnt a lot about WW1 after reading all the letters and messages from the pick ups. I'm so glad more people have got to play this game now.

OlliOlli2 and Counterspy are both games that I would never have thought of buying. Currently quite addicted to both! OlliOlli2 is incredibly addictive but bloody difficult!

[tweet]573930374474121216[/tweet]

If you haven't played it, it's a great game.

8th April: Tower of Guns (PS4/PS3)

8th April: Never Alone (PS4)

8th April: Dishonored (PS3)

8th April: Aaru’s Awakening (PS4/PS3)

8th April: Killzone Mercenary (PS Vita)

8th April: MonsterBag (PS Vita)

Wow. Never Alone was on sale like the month before last. That's annoying.

Killzone is great.

Chuffed to bits with Never Alone being on next months games. I've been close to buying it a few times.

Everyone needs to play Killzone Mercenary. Brilliant game.

I already have Never Alone. Most months I seem to have already bought one of the games. 'Tis all my own fault though!

Dat feel where you become scared to buy games in case they appear for free on plus a month later.

Happy to get Never Alone, I almost bought it last month. Wooooo.

I know nooothing about all of the other games.

That's the first time I've had one of the games that are going to be made available through PS+ but I was more than happy with my purchase of Never Alone back just after Christmas as I really enjoyed it. I will say that it could be more intuitive at times and can get a little frustrating with some of the platforming elements but it's definitely worth persevering as it's a charming and heartfelt game. And definitely take the time to watch the little vid-docs that you unlock along the way as I found them very insightful :grin:

Tower of Guns looks interesting. Remembering hearing about it/seeing bits and pieces of it on Invisible Walls quite a while back (least I think that was it, could've been something similar) but could prove fun.

And Aaru's Awakening looks visually and mechanically interesting but from the trailer/videos I've seen, I'm wondering if it's all going to be a bit finicky. Who knows, will be fun to see what's what with these two.

Never Alone is supposed to be great with a second player. If it's not too difficult I'll try to convince my girlfriend to give it a go with me :)

Tower of Guns looks kinda cool :D

Killzone Mercenary. Remember playing the beta. Was interesting.

Never heard of Aaru's Awakening and Monster Bag.

Dishonored. Nothing to say. It's awesome.

Sneaky April PS+ game Whoa Dave! is currently available for PS4. :)

Playing it now, hilarious stuff. :D

New games are up. There are also two new themes that are available to download, one of which is a static Bloodborne theme.

Quiet month for me as I already have Guacamelee and Hohokum which are both great. Looking forward to trying The Unfinished Swan and Murasaki Baby though.

Yeah quiet month, not sure there's anything there I'm really interested in.

List for those who dont want to watch the video

6th May: Ether One (PS4)

6th May: Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition

6th May: The Unfinished Swan (PS4, PS3, PS Vita)

6th May: Race the Sun (PS4, PS3, PS Vita)

6th May: Murasaki Baby (PS Vita)

6th May: Hohokum (PS4, PS3, PS Vita)

Quiet month for me as I already have Guacamelee and Hohokum which are both great. Looking forward to trying The Unfinished Swan and Murasaki Baby though.

Already played Guacamelee too, but I'm chuffed to see Hohokum on there. :) Wanted to get that back in the January sale but never got around to it, so will definitely be checking that out. Unfinished Swan also looks pretty rad. icon14.gif

As good as some of those games are though, it does seem to be (just like April) another pretty weak month overall. :hmm: Are they perhaps toning down PS+ slightly in order to sway people towards PS Now? :blank:

Already played Guacamelee too, but I'm chuffed to see Hohokum on there. :) Wanted to get that back in the January sale but never got around to it, so will definitely be checking that out. Unfinished Swan also looks pretty rad. icon14.gif

As good as some of those games are though, it does seem to be (just like April) another pretty weak month overall. :hmm: Are they perhaps toning down PS+ slightly in order to sway people towards PS Now? :blank:

Hohokum is well worth checking out, great game that's full of whimsy and it has a sublime soundtrack.

After the few bigger releases like Injustice and First Light it certainly seems like we're returning to more indie releases now.