NEurope
Happenstance

Playstation Plus Free Games

Race the Sun is one of the most addictive "just one more try" games I've ever played!

Race the Sun plus Spotify is incredible.

Race the Sun is one of the most addictive "just one more try" games I've ever played!

Really? I found it to be one of the dullest gsmes ive ever played. There's half a dozen of the same endless runner types Infinitely better in iOS. The visual style is crazy amateur too. Have you played any endless runner types with missions like alto and the bird one... Can't remember the nsme now, and loads of others?

Whuuut.

It's not an endless runner really, for starters you're chasing a clock and I assume you can't go forever no matter how well you play. To me it feels more like a survival mode on a shoot-em-up.

Visual style amateur? I think you're mistaking an intentionally stripped back/minimalistic style for poor ability. I'm guessing you didn't get to the point where the missiles land, or Armageddon mode.

Whuuut.

It's not an endless runner really, for starters you're chasing a clock and I assume you can't go forever no matter how well you play. To me it feels more like a survival mode on a shoot-em-up.

Visual style amateur? I think you're mistaking an intentionally stripped back/minimalistic style for poor ability. I'm guessing you didn't get to the point where the missiles land, or Armageddon mode.

Maybe Endless Runner isn't exactly precise, but are any endless runner actually endless? It's very similar to the wobbly road (definitely not its name), Into's Adventure, the bird one etc - that one you're even racing against the sun too.

I know the style is intentional, but I think it looks awful, maybe I didn't give it enough time, didn't unlock those things, but i thought played loads of games like this, all better, looks awful, playing it on the wrong device, delete!!! (except you can't delete things properly on the PS4)

The missiles aren't an unlockable, I should clarify that now so you don't think it becomes a shmup :p you should give it another go though, get at least as far as the sun being low and music ramping up.

Visually I thought it looked great, really sleek. But after three runs I deleted it. Yawn. Maybe I should give it another chance but the other Plus games this month have my attention now.

Maybe Endless Runner isn't exactly precise, but are any endless runner actually endless? It's very similar to the wobbly road (definitely not its name), Into's Adventure, the bird one etc - that one you're even racing against the sun too.

I know the style is intentional, but I think it looks awful, maybe I didn't give it enough time, didn't unlock those things, but i thought played loads of games like this, all better, looks awful, playing it on the wrong device, delete!!! (except you can't delete things properly on the PS4)

Lol, Dazzy. The library basically tells you what games you own, as in they're linked to your account. I find it quite useful because I know which PSN games I've purchased and can tell which ones are actually downloaded to my system and which ones aren't.

As for the game, it's awesome. I think it looks fantastic given the type of look that they're going for.

The game moves so quickly it doesn't really matter what it looks like! Managed to get almost half the trophies for it now but doubt I'll ever be able to score 5 million in one run!

Lol, Dazzy. The library basically tells you what games you own, as in they're linked to your account. I find it quite useful because I know which PSN games I've purchased and can tell which ones are actually downloaded to my system and which ones aren't.

As for the game, it's awesome. I think it looks fantastic given the type of look that they're going for.

I know, but you should be able to delete stuff permanently from it. Or hide it. I have games I don't own anymore, demos I'll never play. It's an absolute mess. And I want to move it closer to the front. I don't care about music and video etc. such a clumsily designed interface.

I may give the game a other go, but felt like a cheap, rip off gsme you'd get in the iPhone!

Good to see people enjoying Hohokum. Have had it since last September and love just sticking it on for half an hour to chill as the soundtrack is brilliant. Actually bothered to sit down myself at the end of last week to actually find the last of the friends hiding away and finish up the game. Did end up looking up how to do one area as couldn't figure out what to do in the Water Park area but other than that I figured out the rest on my own.

Brilliant game though and glad more people are getting a chance to play it thanks to PS+.

Also started up Ether One and was enjoying it, even though it is a bit weird, but the glitches and crashed put me off. It's been patched now so hopefully that takes care of those issues as I was enjoying some of the puzzle elements in the harbour in trying to get the projectors back up and running. Hopefully get back into it tonight and hoping that there'll be no more issues going forward.

Yet to try Race The Sun but had been considering picking it up several times so looking forward to giving it a try. And have Guacamelee to try as well, really looking forward to trying that one.

Keep seeing a lot of moaning around the net from people complaining about not getting retail games on PS+ for the PS4 and being offered indie games. Don't really get it myself as some of the indie games that have come through the service have been some of the most fun titles I've played recently. Yes, there are retail/bigger games that have dropped a lot in price that could be offered but I actually like the idea of the service pushing and showcasing more of the indie titles through it.

Its a good idea offering indie games. I now have a ton of them stacked up waiting to be played. I would not even think about downloading them or playing them if it wasnt for PS+

Looks like Japan is getting Ground Zeroes next month on their PS+ games. I wonder if we will get it as well? This would please @Fierce_LiNk as I know he was thinking about giving it a go.

Would be nice if it was Ground Zeroes, i was planning on getting it nearer to the launch of V.

edit: Confirmed, we're getting Ground Zeroes. PS+ for June is up

Also, we're getting

Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes (PS4)

Skulls of the Shogun: Bone-A-Fide Edition (PS4)

Call of Juarez: Gunslinger (PS3)

Cloudberry Kingdom (PS3)

Futuridium (PS4 & PS Vita)

Super Exploding Zoo (PS4 & PS Vita)

Edited by Jimbob

Looks like Japan is getting Ground Zeroes next month on their PS+ games. I wonder if we will get it as well? This would please @Fierce_LiNk as I know he was thinking about giving it a go.

Wooo. It's coming to Europe, too. Happy with that. :D

I don't know any of the other games, so new stuff.

Would be nice if it was Ground Zeroes, i was planning on getting it nearer to the launch of V.

edit: Confirmed, we're getting Ground Zeroes. PS+ for June is up

Also, we're getting

Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes (PS4)

Skulls of the Shogun: Bone-A-Fide Edition (PS4)

Call of Juarez: Gunslinger (PS3)

Cloudberry Kingdom (PS3)

Futuridium (PS4 & PS Vita)

Super Exploding Zoo (PS4 & PS Vita)

I tried that other MGS spin off we got, but didn't enjoy it. Don't think I mad it past the tutorial level. This one is more similiar to the main series? Never played any of them.

The rest of them I have never even heard of. Ganepark mentions how people have been moaning about the indie titles. To a degree, I agree, I feel like there's been quite a lot of indie titles lately. I don't mind it, some I already have, some I played and loved, but many I just didn't enjoy. I'm hoping it's just because the PS4 is so young and soon will offer more retail titles like it did on PS3.

The only one I've got is Futuridium so it's a good month for me! :D

Is it true that this version of Metal Gear is a bit more focused on action, and easier to play for those that are severely lacking in stealth gameplay skills? :hehe:

I hear it's pretty short anyway, so will check it out.

Is it true that this version of Metal Gear is a bit more focused on action, and easier to play for those that are severely lacking in stealth gameplay skills? :hehe:

Depends on how you play it (which is why the game is so awesome). It's very dynamic.

My first playthrough was incredible. I played stealthily for the majority of it, but went completely Rambo during the end. It was intense, amazing and one of the most memorable experiences I had with any video game.

Find a style that suits you, but don't be afraid to adapt to certain situations and change how you play. : peace:

I hear it's pretty short anyway, so will check it out.

Yeah since 4 they updated things so if you were crap at stealth like me then you could still just fight your way through. Its all a matter of choice now.

Yeah since 4 they updated things so if you were crap at stealth like me then you could still just fight your way through. Its all a matter of choice now.
Great. icon14.gif

Reckon I'll be more inclined to try being stealthy knowing that if it goes wrong... when it goes wrong, I can just Rambo it up as plan B. :grin:

*EDIT*

Had a quick go on Metal Gear this evening, neither plan A or B went according to plan. :laughing: Shame I forgot about the share button too because I was literally all over the shop! It would've made for a hilarious vid. :D

Also tried out Call of Juarez: Gunslinger, which seems more like my kind of game.

I'd forgotten just how sluggish the PS store is on the PS3 though! :zzz:

Edited by RedShell

I see a load of people are having problems with Skulls of the Shogun crashing on them multiple times. Is it standard practice to release at least 1 broken game a month now with PS+? :heh:

I see a load of people are having problems with Skulls of the Shogun crashing on them multiple times. Is it standard practice to release at least 1 broken game a month now with PS+? :heh:
Not tried that one yet, but I did notice that Metal Gear made my PS4 do the same thing that Ether One did, and make it go really nuts with the fans. :shakehead Could almost still hear it over my surround sound! :o

Does anyone else also find their PS4 getting noisier when playing Metal Gear?

Nope. Mine makes an odd beeping noise sometimes which I think is a result of the aftermarket HDD though.

Yeah, my PS4 is as quiet as a dead mouse. There shouldn't be any noise by design so if your PS4 is making a racket maybe try giving it a dust. The air vents can be real dust suckers.