NEurope
Happenstance

Playstation Plus Free Games

Fantastic month. Completed Yakuza LAD a couple of months ago and it's a great game. Tony Hawk's isn't really my game but I know a lot of people like it.

dK4Gm9g.jpg,

Hehe, @Julius, this time you're not the one posting this first.

suck-it-wwe.gif

:p 

Anyways, never heard of Toem.
I'm in for an arcade racer, though, so NFS Heat might be a good one for me (even though it's apparently 30fps :().
Not interested in the fighting game ::shrug: 

For the first time in months, this gets a resounding "meh" from me.

Granblue Fantasy is great. Don't sleep on it. Pretty straight forward platinum as well.

My PS+ actually runs out today. I'm still back and forth as to whether or not to get it again or just leave it for a while.

1 minute ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Pretty straight forward platinum as well.

But you need to buy all DLC characters for that. :p 
I'm not big on fighting games in general.

1 hour ago, drahkon said:

Hehe, @Julius, this time you're not the one posting this first.

I was going to say I'm not usually, but I just flicked through the last few thread pages and I've been the one posting both the tumour and confirmation since...April? 

In which case...

first-of-all-how-dare-you-rupaul.gif

Spoiler

:p

Now that defending my honour is out of the way...

1 hour ago, drahkon said:

dK4Gm9g.jpg

Well, I already own NFS Heat. I played it for a little bit, thought it was fine, but like most NFS games of the last decade, my interest dropped off a cliff after a few hours. Not necessarily a reflection on the game, but if I want to play an open world racing game, I'd rather seek out a Series X just for Forza Horizon ::shrug:

Toem has been in my wishlist for a while, always thought it looked incredibly charming, definitely think that's one to check out @drahkon. If you haven't already looked it up, a trailer for your perusal :p

Lastly, Granblue Fantasy Versus has been sitting on my shelf and installed for...a year and a half or so, I think? I picked it up when it was on sale, I haven't played many fighters but I figured, hey, I'm hyped for Relink, might as well get invested in these characters ahead of time outside of the few hours I've spent on the wiki/in the mobile game. And then Relink has just been pushed back time and time again, so it's still just been sitting there, menacingly, on my shelf. I seem to remember Ben Moore really loving the game and just how much character it had, and I remember reading @Hero-of-Time's testimony in the Gaming Diary thread - two years ago I think? What year are we in again? :laughing: - which is pretty much all I need to want to dive in. 

So yeah, I'll definitely need to give it a look at some point! But maybe closer to Relink, when that releases in a decade or two :p

50 minutes ago, drahkon said:

But you need to buy all DLC characters for that. :p 
I'm not big on fighting games in general.

I just looked this up and wow, had no idea about that! Not totally shocking considering the company it came from, but big yikes that PlayStation would let them pull stuff like that. 

Time to go check which edition of the game is sitting on my shelf...

Edited by Julius
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, drahkon said:

tumblr_n1gxo87QrL1tovkmfo1_500.gif

Well that's an unfortunate sum of typing stuff with swipe-to-text while rubbing sleep out of my eyes :laughing: 

Ahem, I mean, no, I'll double down. Leakers are tum–

Schreier has acquired your location

sniper-kotto1-cross-hair.gif

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I don't remember buying any DLC to get the platinum. I'll have a check when I get home.

Warning: The trophy “Granblue Know-It-All” was patched to now also require all DLC characters! However, if you play the non-updated disc version you can get it without the DLC characters (disconnect console from internet so it can’t download the patch). If you own the digital version it automatically downloads the patch, so you’d have to buy the DLC characters to earn platinum.

From Powerpyx

Feel like this is one of the faster confirmations we've had on free games? But yeah, shocker, 'tis official, with the free games arriving 6th September:

Edited by Julius