NEurope
Happenstance

Playstation Plus Free Games

Not bad IMO. Been wanting to replay KoA/check out the remaster, so that saves me having to buy it.

Plus, some extra PSVR games, so that's nice too. I mean, I won't be re-setting my PSVR up any time soon, but still nice to have.

• Like 2

Did anyone download and play PGA Tour 2K21?

I nearly have the platinum trophy but one of the two remaining trophies I need to get is creating a private room and completing a round?

HELP!

1 hour ago, lostmario said:

Did anyone download and play PGA Tour 2K21?

I nearly have the platinum trophy but one of the two remaining trophies I need to get is creating a private room and completing a round?

HELP!

I don't mind lending a hand, can start downloading it now. Will warn you I haven't played the game before though, so not sure if that would stretch out the time it takes to complete a round? How long does a round normally take? 

@Julius That would be much appreciated.

A round will take about 30 minutes with 2 people. Change your difficulty to beginner and it’ll be a lot more enjoyable for you. 

Add me if we aren’t already friends on PSN.

5 minutes ago, lostmario said:

A round will take about 30 minutes with 2 people. Change your difficulty to beginner and it’ll be a lot more enjoyable for you. 

Add me if we aren’t already friends on PSN.

Cool :peace:

I finish work at 15:30 if you want to jump on then, if not I'll be free later in the evening too, just got to head out for a bit at 17:00. Let me know what works for you :smile:

The games of December:

People have (rightly, in my opinion) been kicking up a fuss over Godfall's Challenger Edition, which seems to cut out the real meat of the full game. From PushSquare:

Godfall is one of December's PlayStation Plus games, except it technically isn't. The Godfall that you get to download with your PS Plus subscription on the 7th December is a new version called Godfall: Challenger Edition, which is designed to get you straight into the title's endgame content.

"Godfall: Challenger Edition allows new players to experience the game's trio of endgame modes, minus the story content of the base game and Fire & Darkness expansions, and grants existing players new exciting features and rewards to enjoy," writes developer Counterplay Games on the PlayStation Blog.

So, if you're totally new to Godfall, you're going to be skipping the main story content of the base game — along with all of the character-building grind. It's a bit of a weird deal, but we suppose it makes some sense when you just want to throw players into the "good" stuff. You'll be able to upgrade from the Challenger Edition to the Deluxe Edition of Godfall, but no pricing has been detailed yet.

We've seen some bizarre decisions over the last 12 months with these PS+ titles, but I think this takes the cake for the weirdest. 

9 hours ago, Julius said:

which seems to cut out the real meat of the full game

Quite the opposite, really.
Apparently the campaign is horrible and the endgame is where it's at. Given the game's genre, this doesn't surprise as the endgame is usually the "true game" when it comes to looters. :p

I can understand the decision, since the campaign has been reviewed poorly. However, I'm not too fond of the decision to only include a part of the game. Then again, I'm not particularly interested in Godfall either way. 
It's a weird decision but probably not a bad one.

What's worse: Asia gets Judgement in addition to the other games...

Edited by drahkon
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Quite the opposite, really.
Apparently the campaign is horrible and the endgame is where it's at. Given the game's genre, this doesn't surprise as the endgame is usually the "true game" when it comes to looters. :p

Oh yeah, I get that. But I don't know, when it comes to online multiplayer games like this I'm definitely one of those "it's the journey not the destination"-types. Not saying that the journey is always going to be good (like you say, the campaign reviewed pretty terribly), I just think it's an odd thing to cut from the game when bringing it to PS+, even if it makes sense. I don't know why you'd choose to upgrade for the poorly reviewed campaign, either? It's just...weird. 

I want to say that the Monster Hunter World approach with Iceborne and XIV's approach with its DLC, basically paying your way into the newest content / endgame and being given appropriate gear / levels for the challenge, might have been a more convincing approach...but yeah, the fact that no-one is interested to begin with makes that a bad idea. 

Oh well, just another one to throw on the pile of PS+ titles I'll probably add to my library and never boot up ::shrug:

13 minutes ago, drahkon said:

What's worse: Asia gets Judgement in addition to the other games...

BothGeneralAndalusianhorse-size_restrict

25 minutes ago, Julius said:

Oh yeah, I get that. But I don't know, when it comes to online multiplayer games like this I'm definitely one of those "it's the journey not the destination"-types. Not saying that the journey is always going to be good (like you say, the campaign reviewed pretty terribly), I just think it's an odd thing to cut from the game when bringing it to PS+, even if it makes sense. I don't know why you'd choose to upgrade for the poorly reviewed campaign, either? It's just...weird. 

Agree. It's weird, but who knows...maybe it actually will lead to more sales? I guess it couldn't hurt, given Godfall's...situation :p 

The PlayStation Plus version of Final Fantasy VII Remake is being made upgradeable to the PS5 version of the game from Wednesday, and Intermission will be 25% off for a limited time. 

Must be annoying for those that went and bought the game after finding out that the PlayStation Plus PS4 version wouldn't be able to upgrade back near the start of the year. 

3 hours ago, Julius said:

Must be annoying for those that went and bought the game after finding out that the PlayStation Plus PS4 version wouldn't be able to upgrade back near the start of the year. 

Or people like me who didn't redeem it on Plus since they wanted to play the PS5 upgrade and were specifically told it wasn't upgradeable!

Sony really are making a fucking mess of this upgrade situation.

I don’t think I claimed it because I had the disk and they said the PS Plus one wouldn’t get the upgrade.

Or people like me who didn't redeem it on Plus since they wanted to play the PS5 upgrade and were specifically told it wasn't upgradeable!

Sony really are making a fucking mess of this upgrade situation.

They should just give away the PS5 full version with Plus. Total shambles of a situation.

• Like 1

Early rumours are that next month's games will be Deep Rock Galactic, Persona 5 Strikers, and Dirt 5

2278401_1.jpg

I was planning on picking up Deep Rock Galactic to play with friends anyways, but I'll gladly take any help I can get to convince them to play it :laughing: Strikers would be great too!

That looks too good to be true :p

But I'd take Deep Rock Galactic even if it's the only game next month. :D Have tried it on PC and it's  really good.

Edited by drahkon

Dirt 5 is a fun arcadey racer which I platinumed - if it's free it's well worth a go.  

That's believable, Plus offerings tend to be better around Christmas/New Year to get people new to the system subbed to Plus.

You know what I would like to see though - Binding of Isaac Repentance for PS5. It's in a weird place now where people with the PS4 version of Rebirth and later DLCs can buy the Repentance PS4 upgrade for cheaper but won't get the PS5 version. And it's 50 quid for the PS5 version...so would be really good to get hold of it via Plus.

Edited by Sheikah

Incredible month. Been wanting to play Strikers and Dirt since they came out, but never got round to buying either. 

1 hour ago, drahkon said:

Surprise

Next month's games (Hide contents)

Yep, that feels like the best month we've had in a while, solid start to 2022 :D 

Can see myself playing all of these: Deep Rock Galactic with friends, Strikers at some point when I feel a Persona itch, and Dirt 5 could maybe help tide me over until Gran Turismo 7 in March :peace:

I've never played the Dirt games but yeah sure I guess why not(tbh @Cookyman calling it Aracadey and platted just peaked my interest :p). Tried some of the Dwarf Rock Galactic last week when the games dropped but other than tute and two random games with randoms(who I was mostly following around) I was a bit confused but I did enjoy it(wasn't on comms tho, which probs will make it easier). I've been away from my PS4 a few days but definitely gonna be trying some more of it out - got at least one mate roped in at the moment lol. He might have his brother along, and it's 4 man crews? I'll give a shout here if we have spaces when we make a plan tho, if anyone fancied it?

Hard to top last month's game.

I let out a resounding "meh". I'll pick up the standalone Borderlands 2 DLC which I'll probably play with a mate and give Planet Coaster a try. I'm always down for a few hours of some construction/management simulation action :D 
UFC 4, though? Nah...not my sport. Got a text from a mate who's a big fan...needless to say, he's very excited :laughing: 

Edited by drahkon
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Hard to top last month's game.

20c210bbab9669166e924c57cc283a7c.gif

Well, guess this balances out with the last round of PS+ titles being extremely good. 

I do appreciate them mocking the ridiculousness of the Tiny Tina title, though :laughing:

I'm looking forward to this rumoured Game Pass competitor from Sony. It has to be an upgrade on PS Plus surely.