NEurope
Happenstance

Playstation Plus Free Games

As someone who's had plus for years and recently got gamepass, I don't think Ronnie's points are totally invalid, if a bit abrasively made..

23 hours ago, Cube said:

Other than a few EA games (Jedi Fallen Order, Titanfall 2) and Control (which was on Plus with all DLC), Days Gone is better than anything on Game Pass.

This just ain't true - even just in terms of indie games, you've got Ori, Celeste, Edith Fitch, Undertale, Spiritfarer, just for starters which are easily better games before you get to the bigger studio titles.

https://www.gamepassta.com/metacritic?5ec8d577_page=1 It really is a ridiculous list and, though it's apples and pears, its, at least for the consumer, a way better platter than what sony offer.

As Sheikah says though you don't actually end up playing many of them, and moreover, it's hard to see where it'll all go in future. Theres a bit of a weird vibe the last couple of years of gamers feeling entitled to endless free stuff and free games - I suppose as a result of gamepass and Epic Games weekly freebies. I guess that's why Sony released a bunch of free games last month on PSN (cracking deal!).

I do think it's a fair point to bring up - obviously it's microsoft's money but it's definitely going to have a knock on effect on studios and studio staff - if your game isn't on gamepass you've got a massive chunk of your audience who increasingly think paying more than 20 quid for a game is weird. Curious to see how that all pans out in future as gamepass (presumably) gets bigger and bigger

• Like 1

Gave Zombie Army 4: Dead War a quick go last night and I gotta say: It's not bad, definitely better than Remnant: From the Ashes. And yet my mates won't play the former with me :blank:

Anyways, Dead War is pretty much everything I thought the Zombie Mode in Call of Duty games was before I played them...just a sequence of zombies attacking you from several spots instead of some cryptic Easter Egg crap.
Will definitely finish Dead War's campaign and maybe play the occasional round of Horde Mode. :)

1280x720_3G_EN.jpg?resize=1088,612&crop_

Ohhhhh Wreckfest? Awesome. Always wanted to try it.

Battlefield V I can go without
Stranded Deep? No idea.

Definitely a rather slow month, especially after all the awesome months recently.

I guess with Returnal releasing soon they didn't wanna take away too much attention from it :p

• Like 1

Wreckfest is great fun so thats a nice addition next month. Amazed its the PS5 version and just curious to see it running as they've shown nothing but a 30 second teaser trailer when they announced it. Probably just pull it more in line with the PC version but should minimise the frame rate drops when things got chaotic.

Not fussed for Battlefield V. Bought it when it released but just didn't take to its single player or multiplayer, after having played a ton of Battlefield 1. At this point, I just want a Bad Company 3 but I know that its not the same DICE these days so it'll never happen.

And Stranded Deep is just so janky. Have it on Xbox One and its rough playing it on there. From what I've heard from those who've played it on PS Now, its still rough on PS4 and running on a PS5. Just a low budget survival game that runs poorly and doesn't really play well so not a great addition.

So a mixed month. Not as great as previous but we'll get months like this now and then.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Nothing of interest for me this month. :( 

Isn't that a good thing? You always have a million games to play :p

• Haha 2

I've been interested in Stranded Deep, but always decided against it after reading about how terrible it runs.

Battlefield I already owned, but I didn't play it that much anyway.

Wreckfest I'm just not interested in.

Oh well.

At first I was quite excited, as I was planning on buying Stranded Deep, although admittedly besides a couple of reviews I hadn’t read up much about it.  Going by the comments from @Ganepark32 and @Tales though, I’m going to lower my expectations (a LOT!). 

Wreckfest is up for grabs.

Downloading now, looking forward to testing it later today. I'm in the mood for some vehicular destruction :D

Wreckfest is good fun :D

Already got some grindy trophies out of the way, but the one online-trophy I probably need a friend to boost (which apparently is a matter of 10-15 minutes). Can't be arsed to try and get 20 wins :p

Anyways, the destruction is indeed very fun, as is the actual racing part of the game. Not bad, not bad.

Wreckfest Platinum trophy get.

20210516201008.jpg

Enjoyed my time with it, even though it dragged quite a bit at the end. :peace:

• Like 1

The people that leaked last months games lineup have stated that these are on the way for June...

Star Wars Squadrons
Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown
Operation Tango

• Like 1

Hm, first meh month for me in a while.

Operation Tango looks like some good co-op fun, though. Hope the rumour is true for that one.

15 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

The people that leaked last months games lineup have stated that these are on the way for June...

Star Wars Squadrons
Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown
Operation Tango

Ugh, bloody Star Wars.

I'm being bitter, Plus has been pretty decent recently. :heh:

Ooh, Star Wars is one that I've thought about buying for a while. Good news if it's true.

Well there it is:

I held off on A Plague Tale the last few months after word for around that it was coming. Other games I'll gladly pass on :blank:

I was pleasantly surprised by A Plague Tale when I gave it a go on Game Pass. I got burned out on it pretty quick, as the gameplay felt a bit repetitive and not particularly enjoyable, but the setting and story were great. It'll be good to have it back in my library after not renewing Game Pass. It's a shame I'll have to start it again, but good to have access to it should I want to revisit it.

Edited by Goafer

Nice. I don’t have Plus currently and don’t plan on having it unless a game comes up on the store that’s cheaper with it which I want. 
With this being in my GP library I won’t get it on here, but great to see it as a freebie for plus members! 

I’m ashamed to admit I’m most looking forward to WWE Battlegrounds.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sheikah said:

Can't wait! Said nobody.

If the tennis game is any good then I'm interested to play that. Been in the mood to play a good tennis game lately.

2 hours ago, Happenstance said:

If the tennis game is any good then I'm interested to play that. Been in the mood to play a good tennis game lately.

It's the only game this month I'm interested in checking out.. and I have!

I played through the basic training (It's a bit irritating the way it is broken up with having to go back to the menu for each tutorial :blank: ) and had a set in an exhibition as Federer against Monfils.

The game, and it's predecessor, has a bad reputation but it actually seems fine. Maybe the cracks will be more apparent the more I play but I can definitely see the Top Spin DNA in there and I'm intrigued to dive in a little deeper as a more 'realistic' alternative to Mario Tennis Aces!

• Like 1