NEurope
Happenstance

Playstation Plus Free Games

1 minute ago, Julius said:

This would be the ultimate flipping off of Xbox imaginable to be honest, seeing as the exclusivity deal ends in April :D I'm just here for the chaos if it does happen. 

Watch it just being a discount for FFVIIR if you're subscribed to PS+ :laughing:

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Watch it just being a discount for FFVIIR if you're subscribed to PS+ :laughing:

£7.77 / $7.77 / €7.77 off :D

You know Square Enix would totally do it :laughing:

• Haha 1

Excuse me, Sony.

Where are the games for March?

Guess that's it then. March is cancelled, 2021 is cancelled, PS+ is cancelled, PS5 is cancelled.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, drahkon said:

Excuse me, Sony.

Guess that's it then. March is cancelled, 2021 is cancelled, PS+ is cancelled, PS5 is cancelled.

March is the third month of the year. 

Third. 

Three. 

It's been nearly three years since God of War released. 

Fimbulwinter lasts three long years before Ragnarök arrives.*

We aren't getting a game in March for PS+.

So, as you say, March is cancelled. 

And if March is cancelled then the year is only 11 months long. 

Making 2021 a short year. 

Meaning it won't have been three long years before Ragnarök arrives. 

Meaning Ragnarök isn't arriving in 2021. 

Ragnarök is delayed to 2022 confirmed. 

*(okay but seriously this is probably the only reason they announced it as coming in 2021)

• Haha 1

Oh boy, this is weird. 

So the last gen version of the game is being given away for free without option for an upgrade, and the standard edition of Intergrade will (apparently) be unavailable to those with only the PS+ version. And I still have a hunch that Intergrade and Episode Yuffie are going to be timed exclusive to PS5 and not be seen on other platforms. 

So unless the last gen version is coming to Game Pass (which doesn't seem totally impossible if there truth to this?), then damn, Square Enix really doesn't seem to care much for their Xbox fans. Nothing too new there though, I guess. 

Edited by Julius

19 minutes ago, Julius said:

So the last gen version of the game is being given away for free without option for an upgrade, and the standard edition of Intergrade will (apparently) be unavailable to those with only the PS+ version.

What a shitty move by SE.

Edit: To be clear: Just with regards to the "no-ugrade" situation.
FFVIIR on PS+ is amazing (for those who haven't played it, yet :p)

Edited by drahkon
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, drahkon said:

Excuse me, Sony.

Ha. Honestly though, it's weird that some other people are picking up on that. It's a free game for April because that's when it will release, nothing do with skipping March.

Well, there it is. 

Final Fantasy VII Remake is great for those who haven't played it yet, even if there is a weird caveat about the upgrades. Great shout by @drahkon the other day on Maquette! Not owning a PSVR headset, Farpoint VR is pretty so-so to me, but cool for PSVR players, and I'm not all that interested in Remnant from the Ashes, but overall it rounds out a very solid month. 

EDIT: apparently the link to the source on Facebook has been deleted...a very weird week for PlayStation and embargoes! 

EDIT 2: Comunicado oficial. 

Edited by Julius
  • Like 1

Dang, the main one I wanted is PS5 only. 

I'll give Remnant from the Ashes a try, perhaps Final Fantasy if I'm bored enough .

Great month.

FFVIIR is obivously amazing.
Maquette looks like a nice puzzle game. I'm excited :D 
Remnant from the Ashes...no idea, to be honest. Never heard of it before. But it seems to be a solid game after checking some reviews. (Edit: It also has 3 player co-op; my two mates and I have a lot of stuff to play)
Farpoint. Don't have PSVR so not for me :p

Edited by drahkon
  • Like 1

Man, the entitlement of some people about the PS5 upgrade for FFVIIR. I mean, obviously it'd be great if everyone got the PS5 version but it's still very nice that people who didn't buy it are still getting it on Plus?

Just now, Sheikah said:

Man, the entitlement of some people about the PS5 upgrade for FFVIIR. I mean, obviously it'd be great if everyone got the PS5 version but it's still very nice that people who didn't buy it are still getting it on Plus?

The only real issue I see is that if you get the free PS+ version then you wouldn’t later be able to buy the PS4 version on sale for the free upgrade that way. I’ve wanted to buy games properly that I’ve gotten free on PS+ and it’s annoyed me that I wasn’t able to.

2 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

The only real issue I see is that if you get the free PS+ version then you wouldn’t later be able to buy the PS4 version on sale for the free upgrade that way. I’ve wanted to buy games properly that I’ve gotten free on PS+ and it’s annoyed me that I wasn’t able to.

Presumably there will be an option to overcome this issue, since it feels like the reason S-E aren't giving away the PS5 upgrade is to encourage people to buy the game.

Edited by Sheikah

Just now, Sheikah said:

Presumably there will be an option to overcome this issue, since presumably the reason S-E aren't giving away the PS5 upgrade is that they want people to buy the game.

That’ll just be them having a PS5 version for people to buy or rebuy at full price in the case of PS+ members who got the PS4 version free.

2 hours ago, Happenstance said:

That’ll just be them having a PS5 version for people to buy or rebuy at full price in the case of PS+ members who got the PS4 version free.

Aren't games generally RRP on the digital storefront anyway unless on a sale? Like if they make you buy a PS5 version of the game, it'll probably be 59.99 like the original PS4 version is.

I don't think it's a case that they'll put the PS4 version on sale on the digital store but then not allow you to buy it since you've downloaded the PS4 Plus version, meanwhile charging full price still for the PS5 version.

God, this is complicated to even type out...

I can currently get the PS4 version on Amazon for £36 (might be cheaper elsewhere, haven't checked). So if I buy that, I get the digital PS5 version for free when it comes out?

Is there any point to buying the PS5 version?

1 minute ago, Zell said:

I can currently get the PS4 version on Amazon for £36 (might be cheaper elsewhere, haven't checked). So if I buy that, I get the digital PS5 version for free when it comes out?

Is there any point to buying the PS5 version?

It was £22 last night on Amazon so could be worth waiting. I assume the physical version gets the upgrade as well but I haven’t seen anything saying either way yet.

Pretty happy with the lineup myself. Had thought Maquette would be a PS+ title but would've happily picked it up as I do enjoy a first person puzzler so looking forward to playing it next week.

Never played Final Fantasy 7 and have been tempted to try the Remake. Do worry that I'll miss out a lot of the nods and such with having not played the original but I'll give it a go. I am currently playing FF12 The Zodiac Age on Gamepass (first time playing that game too) so don't know if I'll simply add it to my library and play it later on or just get on with it.

I have Remnant From The Ashes on my Xbox One, the complete edition, and its alright. I didn't get too far with it and it didn't really grab me enough to want to try and play it more but its supposedly fun for those wanting to play co-op (its perfectly playable solo as enemy count and difficulty scale based on number of players from what I remember).

Would love to try Farpoint but I likewise don't have a PSVR.

Still, its a good month and looking forward to jumping in with Maquette and FF7R.

2 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

It was £22 last night on Amazon so could be worth waiting. I assume the physical version gets the upgrade as well but I haven’t seen anything saying either way yet.

It's confirmed to be both for physical and digital versions, found this at the bottom of their press release for Intergrade:

* If you already own FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE for the PS4 (physical or digital version) and own a PS5, you can download the FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE free PS5 enhancement update. This update does not include the new episode featuring Yuffie. The new episode featuring Yuffie can be purchased separately. An internet connection is required to obtain the free PS5 enhancement update. However, if you have purchased FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE (physical edition) for PS4 and own the PS5 digital edition (the model without a disc drive), then you are not eligible to download the upgrade.

• Like 1

Started playing Maquette and completed the first two chapters.

Enjoying it quite a bit. The puzzles are great, the game looks beautiful and the voice actors are really good.
Framerate is a little iffy, but eh...it's a puzzle game.

But man...the story so far...during every narrated part my reaction was pretty much this:

PuZU.gif

or this:

330d1b86bf24e080841e5ca457849d3e.gif

or this:

nGs9CZw.gif

It's so "lovey-dovey, hug me, you're so amazing, everything's perfect and romantic"...

Maybe it's the jaded cynic in me but it's annoying as all hell :p

Anyways, I really hope Michael's and Kenzie's relationship crashes, burns to the ground and then explodes. :D

Edited by drahkon

Played and finished Maquette myself earlier today and I have to agree, the narrative is probably its weakest element. It was IGN who, in their review, drew parallels with Florence and how the games have a similar narrative but Florence handled it better and I have to agree. Florence felt more succinct, more well rounded and just gave a better all round inpression of a burgeoning relationship and its decay. Maquette drags out a short script in snippets through its run time when it could easily have been handled better within a shorter experience.

Its a narrative that doesn't seem to fit the game its wrapped around which is a shame as there's an interesting gameplay mechanic here (that's been 10 years in the making apparently) and there could've been a stronger narrative if they'd pulled it back a bit and parred down the length. Nothing on Seth Gabel and Bruce Dallas Howard as they do work well together, its just there's not enough of the narrative to really push it home within the game.

Enjoyed the game otherwise, will probably write more thoughts later on for the Gaming Diary thread.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Ganepark32 said:

Its a narrative that doesn't seem to fit the game its wrapped around which is a shame as there's an interesting gameplay mechanic here

Indeed.

It's why I've decided to skip the narrative completely after I've found out that you can do so via the circle-button.
I enjoy the puzzles a lot, but the surrounding narrative is so boring and unimaginative that I'm not going to bother with the "cutscenes".

Edited by drahkon

They're giving away Ratchet & Clank as part of their "Play at Home" initiative now, in case anyone missed it. Well worth a play. 

Also, if you have it via PS+, you can still add this version to you account so you can play it when you don't have PS+.