NEurope
Happenstance

Playstation Plus Free Games

I should really sign into the PSN store via a PC/laptop and add these PS5 games to my library. May as well grab them for when I do eventually pick up a PS5.

Not sure if it applies to anybody here but if you've bought Maneater before, you might wanna check if you got a refund. Looks like Sony's giving back the money now that the game is set to appear on PS+ :peace:

• Like 1

Greedfall is interesting. It's both curious with some good ideas and yet terrible at the same time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Not sure if it applies to anybody here but if you've bought Maneater before, you might wanna check if you got a refund. Looks like Sony's giving back the money now that the game is set to appear on PS+ :peace:
I bought Nelly Furtado's hit pop sensation Man-eater in 2006 - am I eligible for a refund?
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

21 minutes ago, bob said:
3 hours ago, drahkon said:

I bought Nelly Furtado's hit pop sensation Man-eater in 2006 - am I eligible for a refund?

Yes, just email [email protected] and she'll give you one.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 30/12/2020 at 6:02 PM, Ronnie said:

Was hoping for a better PS5 game but never mind.

I 1000/1000'd Shadow of the Tomb Raider at the start of the first lockdown, that game got me through those first few weeks. Highly recommended. Would love to see them do a 4th game.

My wife and I recently started playing it (in hindsight if only we’d waited a few more weeks!) as the new Tomb Raider games are some of the few adventure games she enjoys.  It’s been good so far.  Not sure it’s been quite as much fun as the previous two, but we’re only 2/3s through and determined to collect and find everything!  The fact that my wife has stayed with it though speaks volumes to how good it is though! 😃👍🏻

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

Of course I bought Control Ultimate Edition last year ready for the PS5 upgrade lol

Will you get the upgrade with the PS Plus version? I'm assuming it'll just be the PS4 version.

Bit of a slap in the face for GamePass as that only had the standard version.

9 minutes ago, Ike said:

Will you get the upgrade with the PS Plus version? I'm assuming it'll just be the PS4 version.

Bit of a slap in the face for GamePass as that only had the standard version.

Should do yeah. It lists PS4 and PS5 in the image and if it’s the Ultimate Edition then it should just allow the new version when it comes out.

Great month for both the PS4 and PS5.

Concrete Genie is a great little game and well worth playing.

Control is fantastic but I'm still sour on how they've handled the next gen upgrade. Having picked up the game on launch on Xbox One and then bought the digital deluxe version on the PS4, having them announce that the Ultimate Edition is the only way to get the upgrade on PS5 was like a slap in the face when I've supported the game twice. I wasn't expecting a free upgrade and would've happily paid a small fee for it but to rebuy the whole game was a shocking choice by Remedy and 505 Games. At least they have separate store IDs so shouldn't cause bother for the likes of me who've got the digital deluxe version in my library.

Destruction All-Stars is a game I'd love to see more and being 6 days out from launch, we've yet to see a full match. Curious as to why and if it'll have the legs but I'll give it a go seeing as I've maintained my Plus sub since picking up my PS5 but haven't been playing much online that warrants it.

36 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

Of course I bought Control Ultimate Edition last year ready for the PS5 upgrade lol

Maybe it'll be like the Maneater situation where people got refunded if they bought the PS5 version before.

Same, I bought this because it was cheap around then, and I knew it was getting the PS5 upgrade soon.

Incredible offering for the month though.

9 minutes ago, Sheikah said:

Same, I bought this because it was cheap around then, and I knew it was getting the PS5 upgrade soon.

Incredible offering for the month though.

Yeah that’s why I’m not particularly bothered. It was a really good deal in the PSN sale so I haven’t lost out on much. 

Yeah I did the same, not to upset though what an incredible month. Think I’ll hold buying any more games due an upgrade though if ps plus keeps on this good. Was gonna pick up metro exodus gold edition which is getting an upgrade, think I’ll wait now.

Good selection of games for PS+ this month.  Kind of a kick in the teeth slightly for those who bought Control Ultimate Edition in the recent sale.  There are calls for Sony to issue refunds for those who bought it, seeing as it's technically a pre-order as it's not out for 5 or so days yet (PS5 version).  Never know, could be a Man-eater situation where those who bought it get a refund (got a free PS5 upgrade for Man-eater myself as i owned the PS4 version)

Concrete Genie is a great little game, colourful and beautiful all at the same time.

A bit annoying that if you played Control prior to the Ultimate Edition releasing, either disc based or the standard digital/digital deluxe versions, your save file won't be compatible with the Ultimate Edition on the PS5 because they're using a different version of the Northlight engine or something to those effects, from what I saw. Extra kick in the teeth for me as it means I'll have to start a new save when I've finished it twice but guess I was only ever picking up to see the upgrades and not really do a full playthrough of it.

From an interview with Jim Ryan (see the PS5 thread):

You’re going to give away some more old games for free as part of Play At Home, but you’ve also increasingly released new games to PlayStation Plus subscribers, such as Destruction AllStars and Bugsnax. Is that something that’s going to continue?

Yes, it is. We see this is a very interesting and innovative way to publish games and to make games available to our subscribers. It works for us as the publisher and we know that subscribers to PlayStation Plus love it.

Some people believe that we'll see Kena on PS+ next month. I highly doubt it. I'm gonna call it: Maquette will be part of PS+ in March:

Release date: 2nd of March. The first Tuesday of March. There you go. I'm a genius.

(I'd be very happy with Maquette, by the way. Seems like a nice puzzle game.)

Ratchet & Clank PS4 will be free from the 2nd March. Not part of PS+, just free to everyone.

5 hours ago, drahkon said:

From an interview with Jim Ryan (see the PS5 thread):

Some people believe that we'll see Kena on PS+ next month. I highly doubt it. I'm gonna call it: Maquette will be part of PS+ in March:

Release date: 2nd of March. The first Tuesday of March. There you go. I'm a genius.

(I'd be very happy with Maquette, by the way. Seems like a nice puzzle game.)

I'd say that Maquette is a good shout for the March PS+ lineup. I've seen so many people banding around Kena due to a rumoured March release but there's been nothing on that game for months and I just don't see that happening. I'd love to be wrong but it seems like Kena will be quite a bit away.

Would be happy with Maquette too as I like the look of it and was intending to pick up next week. The only other game I can think would possibly be Disco Elysium seeing as Sony have a short exclusivity window for the console edition and its coming in March (no solid date within that month IIRC). Would be happy with that as well. We'll find out soon enough anyway.

Grain of salt and everything.

Would be an amazing game for PS+, but I already played and Platinumed it...so...booooohhhh :p

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Grain of salt and everything.

Would be an amazing game for PS+, but I already played and Platinumed it...so...booooohhhh :p

This would be the ultimate flipping off of Xbox imaginable to be honest, seeing as the exclusivity deal ends in April :D I'm just here for the chaos if it does happen. 

• Haha 1