NEurope
Happenstance

Playstation Plus Free Games

3 hours ago, drahkon said:

I'll probably to the same. With the limited time I had I could already see that I will be playing this for months (especially if the devs keep their promise of adding new events). :peace:

I did the same thing with Rocket League. I've spent about 30 bucks on it because getting it for free on PS+ felt kinda "wrong" :D

Definitely good to drop some money to developers when you appreciate their work! For PS+ games specifically don’t worry too much - they get a really good deal for doing it.

It might make sense for Playstation Plus to start including more indie games on there given reports of how badly indies sell on Playstation. 

Isn't PUBG free to play anyway? Or is it not like Fortnite in that respect?

No, it's a paid product, slightly ironically given the nature of the genre it spawned. 

• Like 1

Street Fighter V is a cool one, I’ll definitely give that a good go next month. PUBG is a bit meh, not bothered by that one at all.

Isn't PUBG free to play anyway? Or is it not like Fortnite in that respect?
It's a paid for product which should basically be a free product, since it's a vehicle to sell microtransactions like Fortnite.
  • Like 1

Does anyone actually play PUBG on PS4? What's it gonna be doing fot me compared to Fortnite or Apex Legends? I'd like to check it out but I foresee quick boredom without crewing up(losing's only fun when you spend time doing it with your loser friends :p)

ElbR_m2XIAEEUnC?format=jpg&name=medium

Looks like Bugsnax won't be free on PS4. @Ashley how do you feel? :p
Already own Hollow Knight but anybody who hasn't tried it: DO IT!
Shadow of War...I liked it's predecessor so I'll gladly give it a go.

Incredible line-up. :D

Oh, Just Cause 4. Interesting.
Doubt it has uncapped fps, though...been playing a lot of games at 60 fps and going back to 30 with Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 isn't very enjoyable :D

Gave JC4 a bit of a go - really put a fair bit of time into JC2 but JC3 didn't grab me as much. JC4 feels different in its traversal which is jarring atm but I only gave it lile half hour or an hout and ofc I expect loads more to open up - weirf grapple gadgets/loadoute confuzzling slightly but none too many yet.

Worms BR is....different. Given it about 10 games in DM maybe? The fairly quick respawn scoreboard/in game for entire duration and the movement seems fun/decent enough need to get a bit more used to weapons and interfacing to check what I have etc. Can't say how long it will last and keep focus but not a bad little thing even with its mild edge of nostalgia and worms throwbacks.

4 hours ago, Rummy said:

Worms BR is....different. Given it about 10 games in DM maybe? The fairly quick respawn scoreboard/in game for entire duration and the movement seems fun/decent enough need to get a bit more used to weapons and interfacing to check what I have etc. Can't say how long it will last and keep focus but not a bad little thing even with its mild edge of nostalgia and worms throwbacks.

I've had a little play around with it as well. It's quite fun, I've just been playing it inbetween other games. I usually play 2-3 matches and then switch to my main game that I'm playing.

The baseball bat is incredibly powerful. If I see an opponent at close range I instantly put my gun away and start swinging. :D 

I love the little nods to the previous games. The banana bomb, holy hand grenade and exploding sheep are welcome additions. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I've had a little play around with it as well. It's quite fun, I've just been playing it inbetween other games. I usually play 2-3 matches and then switch to my main game that I'm playing.

The baseball bat is incredibly powerful. If I see an opponent at close range I instantly put my gun away and start swinging. :D 

I love the little nods to the previous games. The banana bomb, holy hand grenade and exploding sheep are welcome additions. 

Can't disagree with this and been kinda playing it in a similar way of a few games at a time. It definitely has its charm and stuff no doubt but I'm kinda wondering if it'll last of fizzle out - given they have a lot of options of past theme-age to draw on though I can easily see them adding different content or rotating stuff out. I haven't fully gotten the trigger instinct for my bat but I do agree its a decent beast - just need to remember it more! I'm very bad at actually knowing what I do or don't have up and/or on me that I don't really have a decent handle on efficiency :p may be intended like that cos its classic worms chaos but i just suck at HUDs/details small and far from my screen focus it seems/getting used to each game's. Le sigh. What an old man I am now.

• Like 1

I've still been jumping in and out of Worms Rumble and I finally managed to get my first win on a Deathmatch game, yesterday evening. It took some doing though. People are getting better at the game now and it took 30 kills in a match to nab the victory, two of which came in the final 10 seconds! 

I think that's all the tricky trophies now out of the way. The rest will just be a question of playing the game. Saying that, leveling some of the weapons up to rank 10 will take some doing, especially those that don't spawn very often.

• Like 2

January's PS+ lineup:

Maneater (PS5)

Shadow of the Tomb Raider (PS4)

Greedfall (PS4)

Very good month. Happy that I'll get to try Maneater as I've been tempted to try it for months now. Kind of want to replay Shadow of the Tomb Raider even though I wasn't too hot on it at release and Greedfall is a great little AA Western RPG. Certainly Spiders best work yet. Might bot that up on PS4 this time round and play through some of it again. I'll see as I've got Inmortals and AC Valhalla to play and I'm likely picking up Dirt 5 and Ghostrunner.

Edited by Ganepark32

Was hoping for a better PS5 game but never mind.

I 1000/1000'd Shadow of the Tomb Raider at the start of the first lockdown, that game got me through those first few weeks. Highly recommended. Would love to see them do a 4th game.

• Like 1

Oh boy, what an awesome month :o

Always wanted to give both Greedfall and Maneater a go :peace:

Just looked more into Maneater, 68% on Metacritic, starting the year off strong :blank:

Just looked more into Maneater, 68% on Metacritic, starting the year off strong :blank:

If only it had 2% more, you might have played it then.

• Haha 4

14 minutes ago, Sheikah said:

If only it had 2% more, you might have played it then.

Haha if only. There's so many great games to play that even an awesome good 7/10 one sadly doesn't really make much of a dent for me.

Edited by Ronnie