NEurope
Happenstance

Playstation Plus Free Games

I've never played Overcooked! But I hear that it's good, the trouble is that it's on the wrong console for co-op for me.

I'd be more inclined to buy the Switch version as that's easier to move to the other room for multiplayer.

I know that @Ashley reviewed the sequel Overcooked 2 and its Surf N Turf dlc not so long ago, so that's what I'd likely buy for the multiplayer. :D

I'm assuming that you can at least play the original in single player? I know it wouldn't be the same but at least I could try it out if this is a Plus game this month. :peace:

1 minute ago, S.C.G said:

I've never played Overcooked! But I hear that it's good, the trouble is that it's on the wrong console for co-op for me.

I'd be more inclined to buy the Switch version as that's easier to move to the other room for multiplayer.

I know that @Ashley reviewed the sequel Overcooked 2 and its Surf N Turf dlc not so long ago, so that's what I'd likely buy for the multiplayer. :D

I'm assuming that you can at least play the original in single player? I know it wouldn't be the same but at least I could try it out if this is a Plus game this month. :peace:

Yeah, you can play it all in single player. I played the 2nd game on PS4 with a mate via online co-op and it was an absolute riot. I then played the DLC on my own and while not as funny, it was still fun. It's definitely worth checking out the original game if you have PS+ anyway. It will give you a taste of the madness that can happen. It's just a shame the original game has no online co-op. :(  

• Thanks 1

Yeah single player is not as fun and I find more challenging, but it's a great coop game!

• Thanks 1

I played through and unlocked all the trophies for Overcooked! over the past couple of days. Getting 3 stars wasn't that difficult for most of the game. I think this was because I played through the second game first and that requires you to cook more complex dishes than in this game. The hardest stages were easily 6-1 and 6-2. Trying to do these alone was a massive juggling act and if you cocked up even the slightest you need to restart the level because getting 3 stars requires pretty much a perfect run.

I do love both of the Overcooked! games. Obviously I had more fun with the second game, what with it having online co-op all all, but the single player mode in the original game is still very satisfying. It's nice to get a game from PS+ that I haven't played before and that i'm actually interested in. It makes a nice change. 

Spectacular month.

Already bought Borderlands for a tenner some time ago in a sale, though.

Sonic Mania, however, I did not buy. Looking forward to giving it a go.

Happy with Horizon Chase Turbo. I've nearly bought that a few times on the Switch and now I don't have to. :D 

Yep, Horizon Chase Turbo seems like a good pick for a Plus game...

... as for Pro Evo Soccer 2019, that will join the small list of Plus games which I won't even bother adding to my library. :p

I haven't bothered with conventional sports titles in a lonnnnnnng time as they just don't have anything in them which makes then worth playing. ::shrug:

Not interested in PES.

Never heard of Horizon Chase Turbo. Seems to be one of those "outrun games"? Will give it a try.

People already up in arms about this month's selection :D 

Well, looks like Pro Evo has been given the boot and has now been replaced with Detroit Become Human and Heavy Rain!

We are making a swap to the PS Plus games lineup for July. This month, we are adding Detroit: Become Human Digital Deluxe Edition, which also includes Heavy Rain, to the July games lineup instead of Pro Evolution Soccer 2019. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Here’s more information about Detroit: Become Human, which will be available to PS Plus members along with Horizon Turbo Chase from July 2 to August 5.

Hmm... I might play those, it's only really Heavy Rain that I'm really interested in, I know Detroit: Become Human is acclaimed but between that and Beyond: Two Souls...

I'm just not sure that they're my kind of games but I suppose for free... I could try them.

Anyway, this is load better than just offering a soon to be/already obsolete Fifa game.

Edited by S.C.G

Wait, WHAT?

That's awesome. :) Looking forward to Detroid: Become Human.

Heavy Rain is a nice bonus, but I already played it back in the day and knowing the plot...well, no use in playing it again.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, S.C.G said:

Hmm... I might play those, it's only really Heavy Rain that I'm really interested in, I know Detroit: Become Human is acclaimed but between that and Beyond: Two Souls...

I'm just not sure that they're my kind of games but I suppose for free... I could try them.

Anyway, this is load better than just offering a soon to be/already obsolete Fifa game.

All I can say is, I'd pay £100 to have my memory wiped to play Detroit: Become Human again. 

So the fact it's free and you're all 'hmmm, I might play...' - shut your dirty mouth and play it immediately! :D

Honestly, it's probably my favourite game this generation and I can't see it being topped. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Awesome.

Sniper Elite 4 for some great co-op goodness with my mate :D 

Sniper Elite 4 is tremendous fun, a highly therapeutic Nazi squishing game. The sort of thing that make the £50 a year worth while by giving me something I may not have ever bought for myself. 

Next months games are...

• Batman: Arkham Knight
  • Darksiders III

Chuffed to bits with Darksiders. I've been meaning to pick that up for a while now.

Darksiders III? already on Plus?

I've got it on Xbox One but I'll add it to the library on my PS4... I just got rid of Batman so that was timely I suppose. :p

Games for Ocotber (just revealed in State of Play):

• MLB:The Show 19
  • The Last of Us Remastered

Always been interested in MLB, so this is great for me :D 
The Last of Us Remastered was a given at one point. It's coming sooner than expected, to be honest. Perfect time to play it again :peace: 

Edited by drahkon

MIght give The Last of Us Multiplayer a go havent played in years but hopefully PS plus will bring a lot of new players to it.  

• Thanks 1

Both Nioh and Outlast 2 are available to download from PlayStation Store between 5th November and 3rd December.

PlayStation.blog

Nioh is amazing. Already have it, though.

Outlast 2 I will not touch with a stick because horror games are not for me. :p 

• Like 1

Looks like Titanfall 2 and Monster Energy Supercross are the two games we'll be getting in December. Pretty disappointing lineup for the end of the year. Titanfall 2 is amazing but it's a couple years old now and can be bought for a fiver.

Yup, not a good month. 

Still, the more people get to play Titanfall 2, the better :p 

• Like 1