NEurope
Happenstance

Playstation Plus Free Games

Phew, I was quite close to buying Iconoclasts in the current PSN Flash Sale. 

Onrush was fun for two races during the beta...I might give it another chance, though.

SOMA...love the premise, hate that it's a horror game :D One day I will be brave enough to play a horror game.

*looks at copy of Onrush which is still sealed*

:blank:

I only bought that exactly five months ago... :p

I think it's time I stopped buying any games, aside from the main "must-have exclusives" on day one or close to.

It's a shame though because I hear Onrush is a great game but at least now more people will get to play it... I might even get around to it as well.

What's the deal with Plus games these days? Does the developer/publisher get a set amount from Sony to make it go free on Plus?

Onrush, from the makers of Driveclub.  Grea,t think of the fun we can have playing this online like we all did with Driveclub.........oh wait.

Ah well, fuck you all.  I'm looking forward to it.

wpid-wp-1432093225058.jpeg?w=528

Edited by Cookyman

Steep looks pretty cool. I'll give that a go, for sure!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Firewall Zero Hour for PSVR will be free this weekend for Plus members.

On 26/12/2018 at 7:44 PM, Animal said:

Steep looks pretty cool. I'll give that a go, for sure!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

It isn’t. Damn. They stepped up to the challenge of “how can you make snowboarding boring”.

I think I’ll just dig out the GameCube and play SSX 3 instead.

I enjoyed Steep, but so glad I didn't buy it. It's one of those games that has absolutely no sense of progression. You have a level and it's up to you how to increase it, but there's no incentive to do so. You already have access to loads of events and it just unlocks more. It's a good sandbox, but little else.

Good as a free game, but not worth buying IMO.

Steep is decent, but it has a very distinct "free to play" vibe about it. 

Cracking games for Feb, as well as an increase in storage space.

In early February, we will be expanding our cloud storage space from 10GB to 100GB for PS Plus members playing on PS4 – giving you even more space to keep all those game saves.

For Honor (PS4)
-Hitman: The Complete First Season (PS4)
-Divekick (PS3/PSV)
-Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (PS3)
-Gunhouse (PS4/PSV)
-Rogue Aces (PS4/PSV)

Hitman was pretty much inevitable. They've offered 5 episodes for free so far. But now it's the complete package, so that's awesome. I've been waiting for that.

Never really liked For Honor, played it a few times in the past at a mate's but...meh.

Rogue Aces is a rougelite 2D shooter. I guess I'll enjoy it :D 

Edit: This is the last month we'll get PS3 and PSVita games. 

As a reminder, after 8th March 2019, PS3 and PS Vita games will no longer be offered as part of the PS Plus monthly games line up – so be sure to download them while they’re available.

Will be interesting to see what Sony will do. Surely they have to add at least one more PS4 game to the line-up.

Edited by drahkon

I don't think in going to renew my ps plus subscription this year. I haven't played an online game since Battlefront, and I'm maybe interested in one or two of the free games - would be cheaper to just buy them in a sale.

I'm probably not renewing mine either. 

Hitman was decent, better than Absolution but not as good as 2, Contracts or Blood Money. A lot of the levels feel like they would have been much better as two smaller levels. I just don't have the urge to replay them much, and the leveling up and unlocking equipment just makes it feel like I'm grinding until I get better stuff. I much preferred Hitman 2's "finish the level with it to unlock" method.

Decided I'd at least try and complete one of the last free games I got - Assassin's Creed Freedom Cry, before I lose the ability to do so.

Remembered all the reasons why I stopped. The game has crashed three times in one hour, and some of the AI is such bullshit. I don't know how this uses the same game engine as Black Flag - I don't remember nearly as many issues with that game!

• Modern Warfare Remastered
  • The Witness

While I own both games, this is an incredible month. Two great games. If dropping Vita and PS3 games means more higher quality titles like these, I'm all for it.

• Like 1

It's kind of lame that we're only getting two games - even more so because I've already played both of them. I kind of wish I'd canceled my subscription when I had the chance now. It didn't hit me until now that the odds of getting a game I'm interested in but haven't already bought are slim with only two games per month. It barely ever happened with six games per month!

The Witness is amazing, though, in case anyone here has slept on it for the past three years.

My PS+ expired late last year and I haven't bothered renewing it. The fact that they've dropped games and not replaced them with anything else hasn't got me eager to subscribe again.

It feels like a bit of a slap in the face when they've kept the price the same but are giving you less. I mean, Games for Gold had The Witness a while ago but they didn't have to lower the amount of games they gave away to get a game of that quality on their service.

It will be interesting to see what the quality of games are like in the coming months...

It does feel like a slap in the face, seeing as basically 4 games have vanished from PS+ and now we only get PS4 titles (ok, 2 or 3 of the Vita/PS3 titles were cross-play with PS4, which bumped up number).  And the price remains the same.

On the opposite side, Xbox has 4 games all compatible with Xbox One (and the service is £10 cheaper a year).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Surge is actually pretty good. If you enjoy the soulsborne games, this could be for you :)

Next months games seem to have been leaked.

96Rd15t.jpg

What Remains of Edith Finch is a fantastic game and well worth a playthrough for those who haven't experienced it yet. I never played the original Overcooked! so i'm happy if this leak turns out to be true.

That's clearly a faked image, I mean they've even made up some nonsense language with a silly script to write it in.

Cue the people getting up in arms because they think this is a week month. :D 

Overcooked alone is worth it. Co-op fun par excellence. Never played What Remains of Edith Finch so pretty happy with that. Let's hope this is a legit leak.