NEurope
Happenstance

Playstation Plus Free Games

Never played Ratchet and Clank, so will definitely give that a try. Bloodborne, on the other hand, is one of the best games that I've played. Insane game. Just love the style and look of that game. So many fond memories.

Ratchet and Clank is platforming excellence Flink. It’s a fun rather lighthearted story, varied locales, tons of different weapons (even if you only use a couple) and this remake is damn beautiful. Especially with HDR. 

32 minutes ago, Nolan said:

There has to be an EoL at some point. And they are giving a years notice. 

And as you point out it’s a good month for the games chosen, hasn’t been one in a while at some point I doubt that’s fully by design versus what they can get permission to give away. 

I’m not sure what you’d expect them to replace PS3 and Vita games with though. More PS4 games per month? Sure it adds “value” or it just adds more backlog and more people bitching its games they own or aren’t interested in. 

Well value wise Xbox Games with Gold will be a better proposition, so yes, an extra PS4 or VR game to make up for losing PS3/Vita wouldn't go amiss.

I'm not too bothered, I'm not renewing my Plus account when it's up, just seems weird. I wasn't even aware they weren't upping the number of PS4 games until IGN said so

6 minutes ago, Fierce_LiNk said:

Never played Ratchet and Clank, so will definitely give that a try. Bloodborne, on the other hand, is one of the best games that I've played. Insane game. Just love the style and look of that game. So many fond memories.

You're in for a treat with Ratchet and Clank. It's one of the best platformers out there.

3 minutes ago, Nolan said:

Ratchet and Clank is platforming excellence Flink. It’s a fun rather lighthearted story, varied locales, tons of different weapons (even if you only use a couple) and this remake is damn beautiful. Especially with HDR. 

2 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

You're in for a treat with Ratchet and Clank. It's one of the best platformers out there.

Alrighty then! Will give it a go at some point. The backlog is just too big, though. I still haven't played last month's games and I've not even touched the Christmas games yet. 

I'll echo what H-o-T and Nolan said.

Ratchet and Clank is awesome. Quite possibly the best 3D platformer I've ever played.

This is essentially the best "included games" month of any system so far given that Bloodborne is basically game of the generation. Anyone who hasn't got Bloodborne yet and is willing to stick with it rather than assume it's too hard for them (it isn't really) is in for a real treat.

7 minutes ago, Sheikah said:

This is essentially the best "included games" month of any system so far given that Bloodborne is basically game of the generation. Anyone who hasn't got Bloodborne yet and is willing to stick with it rather than assume it's too hard for them (it isn't really) is in for a real treat.

Bloodborne changed the way that I play games. It altered how I approached games and taught me to be more cautious or daring, depending on the situation. That street with around 20 dudes and the bonfire took me HOURS to get through. It made me a more resilient gamer. The only game ever where it physically made me angry and wanting to snap the disc in two merely hours after playing it. 

Rumours are kicking about that Firewatch and Sniper Elite 4 will be part of next months games. I've never played either so i'd be happy with both. Not long until we find out if they are true...

Firewatch is one game i have been tempted to get on many occasions, but held off.  Will be great to see if these rumors are true

• Mad Max (PS4)
  • Trackmania Turbo (PS4)
  • In Space We Brawl (PS3)
  • Toy Home (PS3)
  • 99 VIDAS (PS Vita)
  • Q*Bert Rebooted (PS3/PS4/PS Vita)

Awesome. Always wanted to get Mad Max and Trackmania Turbo.

Turns out the rumours were false for a change. Here's what we are getting.

• Mad Max (PS4)
  • Trackmania Turbo (PS4)
  • In Space We Brawl (PS3)
  • Toy Home (PS3)
  • 99 VIDAS (PS Vita)
  • Q*Bert Rebooted (PS3/PS4/PS Vita)

Chuffed with Mad Max, as I've yet to play it.

Another good month on the PS4, might give Mad Max another go and actually sit down to finish it after getting rid of my copy a year or so back as I didn't go back to it. Fantastic from what I played but got distracted with several other releases that year so didn't go back to it.

Had my fill with Trackmania when it was released so probably won't jump on that. It was fun while it lasted but I grew tired of redoing the same tracks to try and get a better medal only to miss out by milliseconds. It's still a lot of fun and worth a go.

• Like 1

May games have been announced.

Beyond: Two Souls (PS4)

Rayman Legends (PS4)

Risen 3: Titan Lords (PS3)

Eat Them (PS3)

King Oddball (PS Vita)

Furmins (PS Vita)

PS+ games for May:

• Beyond: Two Souls (PS4)
  • Rayman Legends (PS4)
  • Risen 3: Titan Lords (PS3)
  • Eat Them (PS3)
  • King Oddball (PS Vita)
  • Furmins (PS Vita)

Beyond: Two Souls? Awesome! :D

Rayman Legends is great, too. Still have the Platinum to grind for...

Edit: Fuck..am I going to get a "you're too slow" gif now?

Edited by drahkon
  • Haha 3

Beyond Two Souls, nice addtion.  Already own Rayman through the Ubisoft giving away the first part of the Unity DLC after the monumental errors with the game (was my compensation as i owned the season pass).  The other titles, i'll check out down the line.

Had a bit of a go on King Oddball(it's ps4 too). Looks like a small Angry Birds-esque title but with release timing on a pendulum swing rather than aiming. World map that slowly seems to make a few simple things occur too, but appreciating that in the design. Recommend it for anyone looking for something quick and smallish - assuming you don't get hooked by the nature of it being very 'one more go'-ish!

Again a good selection of games. I like the story- and decision-based games by Quantic Dream, and enjoyed Beyond: Two Souls.

The only downside for me is that I already purchased the PS4 ones before, but at least it gives me a month to put a dent in my huge backlog of games to play!

Games for June 2018:

• XCOM 2 (PS4)
  • Trials Fusion (PS4)
  • Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Future Soldier (PS3)
  • Zombie Driver HD Complete Edition (PS3)
  • Squares (PS Vita)
  • Atomic Ninjas (PS Vita)

Nice. In every recent sale I've been tempted to buy XCOM 2 but held off. Thank God :D Already have Trials Fusion, might give this a whirl again if my mates enjoy it :)

Edit: Suck it @Hero-of-Time. I'm faster than you :p

Edited by drahkon
  • Haha 2

Wooooo, XCOM. Looking forward to giving that a go as I've heard a lot of good things.

I gave Trackmania Turbo a go yesterday and thought that it was a blast. Slooooowly working my way through the collection. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fierce_LiNk said:

Wooooo, XCOM. Looking forward to giving that a go as I've heard a lot of good things.

I gave Trackmania Turbo a go yesterday and thought that it was a blast. Slooooowly working my way through the collection. 

Told you you would! Not plus related but did you ever get Bunrout Paradise? Still need/want to do the multi at some point with @Dan_Dare, who has also recommended xcom a few times!