NEurope
Happenstance

Playstation Plus Free Games

Full list for Feb:

Knack (PS4)
RiME (PS4)
StarBlood Arena (PS Plus bonus – PS VR required)
Spelunker HD (PS3)
Mugen Souls Z (PS3)
Exiles End (PS Vita)
Grand Kingdom (PS Vita & PS4)

• Thanks 1

Grand Kingdom! Outstanding. Finally a game I've actually been wanting to buy and play gets added to PS+. :D 

It's a shame that NeoGAF didn't live to see the day when Knack was finally added to PS+.

• Haha 2

I'm disappointed "That's You" isn't on offer, I really wanted to play that.

• Haha 4

Wooo, I've been looking forward to playing Rime, so this will do nicely. :D

Hope it's decent. Haven't heard much on this since the initial hype.

1 hour ago, Fierce_LiNk said:

Wooo, I've been looking forward to playing Rime, so this will do nicely. :D

Hope it's decent. Haven't heard much on this since the initial hype.

I played through it on Switch and absolutely loved it. If you liked Ico then you'll love Rime. 

It's great that so many people will get to play it but it kind of sucks for Tequila Works that it's going to be offered for free less than a year after its initial release. Do we know what sort of compensation Sony offer to developers when they add their games to the service? You'd assume they'd pay some sort of licencing fee to make up for the potential lost sales. 

Damn, That's You!!! isn't on offer.

On a serious note, at last.  6 months near enough it was on PS+, and it was included as a code in most 1st party games.

Looking forward to RiME, heard some good things.  Nearly bought the game in the Holiday sale, but held off.

13 hours ago, bob said:

I'm disappointed "That's You" isn't on offer, I really wanted to play that.

Actually played this game with a group of six friends, was brilliant and hilarious. Just putting that out there :)

12 minutes ago, Shorty said:

Actually played this game with a group of six friends, was brilliant and hilarious.

Yeah, it's pretty cool game for a group of people. Especially as a drinking game.

There's one thing that's bothering me, though: Played this with 5 different groups of 4-5 friends and the question "Who's the most likely to get arrested on vacation?" (or something like that) came up every time...I was the one chosen by everyone in every instance. :blank:
Well...I got a lot of points, so there's that..

That's You was a great game to play on New Years. That and Overcooked.

Played Rime for 30 minutes and almost fell asleep.

Not sure if I'll give it another chance.

All I know about Knack is that it outsold Super Mario 3D World lol. I'll give it a whirl

We're not too far away from the announcement of March's games.

Rumour has it that it'll be:

Ratchet and Clank (PS4)
Lawbreakers (PS4)
Hidden Agenda (PS4) as a bonus

Already played and Platinumed Ratchet and Clank, but it's awesome. Would be great for others!
Lawbreakers is dead. Not sure if a PS+ release can bring it back to life, especially as Overwatch is the non plus ultra in that genre.
Hidden Agenda...didn't get great reviews, but sounds interesting nonetheless.

Anyway, if that rumour holds true it's a pretty great month if only for Ratchet and Clank.

I'm still hoping for Zero Time Dilemma on Vita...and Zero Escape: The Nonary Games for PS4, would love to play 999 and Virtue's Last Reward again.

Edited by drahkon

Next months games are....

Bloodborne (PS4)

Ratchet and Clank (PS4)

Legend of Kay Anniversary (PS3)

Mighty No. 9 (PS3 and PS4)

Claire: Extended Cut (PS Vita and PS4)

Bombing Busters (PS Vita and PS4)

• Like 1

Holy shit.

Shame I already played and Platinumed Ratchet and Clank and Bloodborne.

Bombing Busters looks crap.

Legend of Kay Anniversary sadly only for PS3 and not the PS4 version.

Claire: Extended Cut...never heard of it before. Looks ok?

Mighty No. 9...you know what? I'll play it to see why the game is so hated :D

Edit:

We also have an important service update to share. Starting next year on 8th March 2019, the PS Plus monthly games line-up will focus on PS4 titles and no longer include PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita titles.

This won’t affect any games you’ve already downloaded, or will download, prior to 8th March 2019. Those games will still be part of your PS Plus games library as long as you remain a member.

Your game saves and other benefits of PS Plus will also remain the same – the only change is that no new PS3 and PS Vita games will be added to the PS Plus monthly games line-up beyond 8th March 2019.

Many of our fans are playing on the PS4 platform, with the increasingly vast number of PS4s in homes around the world. We’ll continue to prioritise the benefits you receive through your PS Plus membership, such as online multiplayer, PS4 monthly games, online game save storage and exclusive PS Store discounts across content and network services.

PS Blog EU

Good. Here's hoping that it will be at least 3 PS4 games.

Edited by drahkon

I didn't want to get Bloodbourne because I didn't have PS+.

I'm going to subscribe to PS+ because of Burnout Paradise....and they decide to add Bloodbourne that very month. That's pretty handy.

I’m confused why you’d skip Bloodborne because of not having PS+ unless you really like the PvP aspect of the game I suppose?

5 minutes ago, Nolan said:

I’m confused why you’d skip Bloodborne because of not having PS+ unless you really like the PvP aspect of the game I suppose?

I was told that the ghosts/messages and stuff like that were part of the experience. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Cube said:

I was told that the ghosts/messages and stuff like that were part of the experience. 

"Thrust but hole"

Looks like they (finally) put out a good month to distract people from the bad news they're ditching PS3 and Vita games from the service and replacing them with... nothing. :blank:

14 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Looks like they (finally) put out a good month to distract people from the bad news they're ditching PS3 and Vita games from the service and replacing them with... nothing. :blank:

There has to be an EoL at some point. And they are giving a years notice. 

And as you point out it’s a good month for the games chosen, hasn’t been one in a while at some point I doubt that’s fully by design versus what they can get permission to give away. 

I’m not sure what you’d expect them to replace PS3 and Vita games with though. More PS4 games per month? Sure it adds “value” or it just adds more backlog and more people bitching its games they own or aren’t interested in. 

19 minutes ago, Nolan said:

I’m not sure what you’d expect them to replace PS3 and Vita games with though. More PS4 games per month? Sure it adds “value” or it just adds more backlog and more people bitching its games they own or aren’t interested in. 

We should also keep in mind that by 2020 at the latest the PS5 will be released, i.e. PS+ will most likely also include one or two free games for the new console. And then there's VR, maybe by next year we'll get one VR game per month, as well.

Also...PSVita 2 will be out in 2020, too... :(