NEurope
Happenstance

Playstation Plus Free Games

Great news on the PSVR game, hope to see more. Need to sell Battlezone as that is definitely the kind of game to get added!

Started Assassin's Creed: Freedom Cry since I enjoyed Black Flag so much (which I originally played on the 360).

So far it seems reeeeeally buggy. Dude keeps getting stuck in places, character animations keep going squiffy, and buttons aren't working when they're supposed to. I don't remember any issues with BF, is it a porting issue with the PS4?

Wut. Haha that's amazing if true. I got TPP dirt cheap but that's great for people who have yet to pick it up.

Ooo another bigish game, nice to see. Hopefully it will keep on going like that's shame I've played it. 

That's an excellent month.  Kind of seems Sony are trying to justify the PS+ price increase.

• Like 1

Nice, always wanted to try out MGSV. Also finally something big I haven't played before.

MGSV is incredible. Already own it (still have the physical copy), but it's great to see it on PS+.

I'm interested in Hue and Sky Force Anniversary.

Amnesia...well...I started the first one on PC years ago...almost shat my pants...vowed to never play it again...if I ever have a girlfriend who's into horror I will give all the horror games I have a go :laughing:

I’ve had MGSV since release on disc. Even installed it once but never played it...

10 hours ago, drahkon said:

Amnesia...well...I started the first one on PC years ago...almost shat my pants...vowed to never play it again...if I ever have a girlfriend who's into horror I will give all the horror games I have a go :laughing:

Funnily enough, my girlfriend is into horror.  Perfect game for her.

2 hours ago, Jimbob said:

Funnily enough, my girlfriend is into horror.  Perfect game for her.

Can I have her number?

10 hours ago, Nolan said:

I’ve had MGSV since release on disc. Even installed it once but never played it...

I hate you.

Edited by drahkon

Funnily enough, my girlfriend is into horror. 

Must be why she's with you. Heyooooooo!

Sorry, couldn't resist.

May try The Phantom Pain. It'll be my first MGS game! I gave Ground Zeroes a try and didn't really click with it. We'll see!

14 minutes ago, Fierce_LiNk said:

May try The Phantom Pain. It'll be my first MGS game! I gave Ground Zeroes a try and didn't really click with it. We'll see!

No...don't make Phantom Pain your first...

Start with Metal Gear Solid for the PS1 (alternatively Twin Snakes on GC). Then Sons of Liberty and Snake Eater (preferably the HD remasters). MGS 4 after those and then it's time for GZ and Phantom Pain.

Phantom Pain is the MGS gameplay formula taken to perfection. Story not so much (I am, however, one of the few who absolutely loves it). If you want to get into the series, do yourself a favour and begin with Metal Gear Solid.

Unless you don't care for the story...then do whatever you want :p

I imagine the story will be completely lost on anyone who hasnt at least played/watched what happens in MGS3, Peace Walker and Ground Zeroes.

I think @RedShell played MGSV without any real knowledge of the story but still enjoyed the gameplay that the game offered.

Man, that's too much of a ball ache to go through to just play one game. I don't own a PS1, PS2 or PS3, so I have no real way of playing those games. 

3 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I imagine the story will be completely lost on anyone who hasnt at least played/watched what happens in MGS3, Peace Walker and Ground Zeroes.

I think @RedShell played MGSV without any real knowledge of the story but still enjoyed the gameplay that the game offered.

Agree. The gameplay alone makes this a 10/10 game for me.

As a long time fan of a series the story raises it to 17.235/10.

I just want @Fierce_LiNk to give the series a proper go.

Just now, Fierce_LiNk said:

Man, that's too much of a ball ache to go through to just play one game. I don't own a PS1, PS2 or PS3, so I have no real way of playing those games. 

Well...that settles it then :D

Edited by drahkon

To be honest you should just play V and if you enjoy it and want to see more you can either find a way to play them or just use Youtube.

I ended up watching Giant Bomb's play through of the entire series myself as I always liked the series and wanted to see more but hated the controls and stealth until V. Giant Bomb's is a premium feature though unfortunately so I cant point you to it.

Edited by Happenstance

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I did indeed, brilliant game. Even if you suck at steath gameplay (like me) it’s just as enjoyable played as an action game.

I recommend Chip Cheezums LP of the entire Metal Gear Solid series (barring side games) he does an excellent job on the games and really shows off everything they offer. I mean everything, he showed off the damn ice cube physics in MGS2 even. 

The games use use to be on PSNow but apparently have been pulled. 

Started playing Sky Force Anniversary just now and I'm really enjoying it.

If you like shmups, give it a go. :peace:

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Started playing Sky Force Anniversary just now and I'm really enjoying it.

If you like shmups, give it a go. :peace:

Yeah, I’ve been playing this too and also quite enjoying it. It’s pretty grindy and slow (especially at first) but once you unlock some of the upgrades and higher difficulty levels it picks up quite a bit. Digging the C64 style sid chip parts in some of the game's music as well. :D

• Like 1

Hue is worth checking out. Nice little platform puzzle game centred around colour and has a Thomas Was Alone vibe to it. My only criticism would be it's a little too long towards the end.

On 08/10/2017 at 3:53 PM, Rowan said:

Hue is worth checking out. Nice little platform puzzle game centred around colour and has a Thomas Was Alone vibe to it. My only criticism would be it's a little too long towards the end.

Deffo agree folks should check it out. It's a fairly nice and simple little puzzle platform that has a great aesthetic for me, both in its simplistic silouhette visuals and its soft piano soundtrack, as well as being a short commitment. HLTB clocks it in somewhere around 5 hours max I think and it also looks to be a fairly easy plat - the trophies barring one are basically 'play the game' trophies :p

Gameplay wise it's fairly simple; colour changing puzzles with a bit of platforming. Nothing about it is too terribly challenging(in the way puzzles kind of are or aren't) though I did get stuck on one or two rooms but solved them with a bit of time or a break. Can kinda see the issue with pacing - I think I stuck with Hue knowing it wasn't going to be too long a game but really it's a minor niggle. As you'd expect it does introduce more elements as it goes along, and I felt those were generally done quite well to add a bit of freshness as you go along.

Deffo recommend it. It isn't overly difficult despite my struggling in places, but something about the game makes that feel kinda ok either way.