NEurope
Happenstance

Playstation Plus Free Games

Just now, somme said:

It's not the most terrifying game. A few jump scares here and there, but if you're susceptible to horror games..

Well...I might give it a try at one point...maybe...probably...not :D

We'll see.

• Like 1

Absolutely loving Until Dawn. 

Id have paid for this goodness, so to get it free is sweet. 

Im gripped by it. Some of the controls are a bit annoying, feels like they've tried to tack on interaction and it can get a bit clumsy. But the story is very good along with the voice acting / dialogue. 

Definitely a a lot of jumpy moments! 

• Like 3

On 6 July 2017 at 11:47 PM, Aneres11 said:

Absolutely loving Until Dawn. 

Id have paid for this goodness, so to get it free is sweet. 

Im gripped by it. Some of the controls are a bit annoying, feels like they've tried to tack on interaction and it can get a bit clumsy. But the story is very good along with the voice acting / dialogue. 

Definitely a a lot of jumpy moments! 

Yeah, lifting up items and spinning them around can be weird sometimes. As can very slowly poking buttons with one finger, it looks very out of place in a game that generally has very fluid gestures :p 

I played it for a few hours with my friend last night, it's a lot of fun and the acting is great. I really hate all of the characters but that's good in a way because then I'm not too mortified when one of them gets killed :p 

The therapy sessions are actually quite full on I think, I felt genuinely worked up at one point playing when I got lost in the moment and he was laying into me. 

That theme song is ludicrous though, oh my god. "Deeeeeeeeeatth, ooooooh, deaaaaaaaattthhhhhhhhhhh", I've never heard anything trying to hard to be deep and scary come across as so ridiculous, it may have well as been sang by a clay-mation skeleton lol. 

As for That's You, I played that last night with a friend and a few drinks too and it's a lot of fun for a chilled out party settings, I get major Game&Wario /House Party Wii U vibes from it. The drawing games and matching selfies to crazy poses are a lot of fun. Sadly my device did get connected once or twice but that's probably more down to my crappy Wifi than the software itself. 

• Like 1

I finished Until Dawn yesterday. Did a couple of reruns and chapter selects to get the platinum. It's the kind of game that I enjoyed platinum-ing as the additional bits of story I uncovered let me make sense of the characters a little more, which I appreciated. 

Overall I enjoyed the game. I was a bit disappointed in how the second half of the game took a very different turn, and all of a sudden the feel and pace of the game changed for the worse. I won't detail how and why for those still playing or wanting to play, but it ventured into silly territory which was such a shame given how well the opening 5-6 hours played. 

Voice acting was top notch. Hated the tacked on controls to command a player to do something, and there were too many damn walls to climb, but that aside it was really enjoyable and I don't think I'd have ever stumbled across it if it wasn't for PS Plus doing it for free. More like this going forward please! 

Played That's You! with a mate and his girlfriend yesterday.

It was very fun :D  Even with only three players we had a great time. Should be even better with more.

• Like 2

Been playing Orcs Must Die Unchained. Still as top notch as ever, and being free is just great. 

19 minutes ago, Nolan said:

Been playing Orcs Must Die Unchained. Still as top notch as ever, and being free is just great.

Still waiting for the German release...apparently there is some delay in several European countries.

That's You! is great, just played it with my Mrs, 2 of her brothers and their mum... it's hilarious!!!

August line up

Just Cause 3 (PS4)

Assassin’s Creed: Freedom Cry (PS4)

That’s You – PS4 (bonus title)

Super Motherload (PS3)

Snake Ball (PS3)

Downwell (PS Vita)

Level 22 (PS Vita)

By all accounts, Just Cause 3 still runs like a piece of shit, so this will be interesting. I've always wanted to play it so it suits me for a Plus game.

Just Cause 3? Awesome. Traded it in quite some time ago because I needed money. Good to have it back :D

Oh and everybody who owns a Vita has to play Downwell. It's fantastic.

5 minutes ago, DriftKaiser said:

Don't you need Assassin Creed Black Flag to play the Freedom Cry?

No, they released a standalone version.

• Like 1

Pretty happy about this. I've been tempted by Just Cause 3 in the past, but never quite felt enough urge to put the money down for it. Looking forward to giving it a try.

First month in ages I don't actually own at least one of the titles. Wanted to play Just Cause 3 too so this works out well!

• Like 1

If only they fixed Just Cause 3's frame rate issues, i'd be right back on it.

Rumoured for PS+ next month (thanks to a small leak from Sony themselves it would seem)

2777105.jpg

Think we'll find out officially tomorrow, but Child of Light is a great game.

Second Son is awesome, too.

I own both, though...Gonna be a shitty month for me :D

• Like 1

Hasn't Child of Light already been on plus? I have played it but sure I've never bought it.

And it's confirmed

inFAMOUS: Second Son (PS4)
Child of Light (PS4)
RIGS: Mechanised Combat League (PS4 bonus title – PS VR required)
That’s You (PS4 bonus title)
Truck Racer (PS3)
Handball 2016 (PS3)
We Are Doomed (PS Vita & PS4)
Hatoful Boyfriend (PS4 & PS Vita)

Nice to see PSVR getting some PS+ loving.  Would only be the one title here for me, already own SS, Child of Light and Hatoful Boyfriend.  That's You's been free for 3 months (and for those who got Lost Legacy (code in box)

Handball 2016? FUCK YES.............ehem.

Nothing of interest to me.

Nice to see a VR game. Would be great if this is a thing now every month. Especially with PSVR seemingly getting a price cut soon.

Truck Racer for PS3! Hell yeah! :D