NEurope
Happenstance

Playstation Plus Free Games

We've had Dragon's Crown already, so we'll get at least a slightly different lineup.

I got FEZ on 360 but honestly couldn't get far into it. It's beautifully presented and makes great use of a very unique mechanic but beneath that was quite generic/repetitive.

Yeah, I have no particular interest in the LEGO games, but if I were going to play them, I'd rather play them on the PS3 in co-op.

We've had Dragon's Crown already, so we'll get at least a slightly different lineup.

Yeah, we're getting LEGO Harry Potter. :p

Oh good, if we get FEZ I was thinking of buying that a while back.

Mind you, just remembered my Plus has just expired, and I'm not bothered about renewing it for those games (if we get them too).

I got FEZ on 360 but honestly couldn't get far into it. It's beautifully presented and makes great use of a very unique mechanic but beneath that was quite generic/repetitive.

Wut? But all the mysteries, puzzles and hidden codes. It's anything but generic.

The FeZ talk is here so I'll ask it here :p

@Daft might know the most about it.

How does the cross save work? I started a new game on my PS4. Used the cross save slot. Put my PS4 in standby so the save file would upload.

However, the cross save slot on my Vita still says "0:00:00 0%"? Do I need to change something in the settings?

And yes, I did try turning the Vita on and off :p

FEZ is SO amazing. Its soundtrack alone is a thing of beauty. You're in for a real treat. Let me know what you think. It's like a platformer wrapped in a riddle, wrapped in an enigma, swallowed by surrealism.

Yep, it's basically the same, http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/07/30/new-ps-plus-august-road-taken-crysis-3-fez/

FEZ looks nice, I'm looking forward to giving that a go. Still unsure about Road Not Taken, have no idea what that game entails. Still, surprises are nice. I still haven't even touched this month's games yet. Dammit.

I couldn't get away with Fez. I got it on the 360 a while back and failed to fall in love with it, like most others had.

The FeZ talk is here so I'll ask it here :p

@Daft might know the most about it.

How does the cross save work? I started a new game on my PS4. Used the cross save slot. Put my PS4 in standby so the save file would upload.

However, the cross save slot on my Vita still says "0:00:00 0%"? Do I need to change something in the settings?

And yes, I did try turning the Vita on and off :p

I didn't start using the cross save until half way through and didn't have a problem with it when I finally did. Basically I was using save slot 1 and then half way through copied it to the Cross Save slot and it appeared on my Vita without a hitch.

I'm not really sure what to suggest. :confused:

Turn your PS4 on and off? :heh:

One of the big things with Fez was the massive community effort it created with everyone working together to find the secrets when it first came out on 360. Its still a brilliant game but its a shame that all that information is just out there now for anyone who came with the later platform releases. I got the PC version when it came out so I missed out on it as well.

I hear though that its in the new game plus which the game really shines.

Turn your PS4 on and off? :heh:

I hate you.

I didn't start using the cross save until half way through and didn't have a problem with it when I finally did. Basically I was using save slot 1 and then half way through copied it to the Cross Save slot and it appeared on my Vita without a hitch.

Ahhh, I get it now. I simply started a new game on the Cross Save file thinking it would work automatically.

Now it makes sense. It's a bit different for Rogue Legacy though. It works automatically on PS4 but on the Vita you have to synch the save data manually.

Anyway. Cross save is awesome :)

On your recommendation I bought Rogue Legacy.

It's awesome.

On your recommendation I bought Rogue Legacy.

It's awesome.

Knew you'd like it. It's another of those "Just one more go" games : peace:

God I have so many hours on those kind of games on Steam. Perfect for playing while watching something on the other TV.

Just checking my Steam library ive got 65 hours on Rogue Legacy and 374 on Spelunky lol

I'm usually not a fan of rogue-like games (or whatever they're called) because the whole perma-death thing - while I understand its appeal - is not something I can be bothered with. This completely gets around it.

It was the 20% off on Plus that finally pushed me over the edge.

FEZ looks nice, I'm looking forward to giving that a go. Still unsure about Road Not Taken, have no idea what that game entails. Still, surprises are nice. I still haven't even touched this month's games yet. Dammit.

Dude Road Not Taken just looks like a triple town-esque match three game. Lame as fuck for a plus game.

Fez on the other hand I've heard such amazing things about but I haven't played it. Now's about the right time to get on that ish.

:blank: Not a good month.

Velocity 2X = yeah!

TxK = Yeah! but I already have it

The rest...meh...may give PlayStation AllStars: Battle Royale a try.

I had a lot of fun with Playstation AllStars when I gave it a swing with Ashley and Daft. The only other game I've played on that list is Joe Danger which is rad. Also heard sportsfriends is a really good party game. So looking like a pretty good month for me. Not sure what Velocity 2X or TxK are about though.

So I got my PS4 this week and also purchased Plus. Have I missed out on August's games?

Nope, you have until the first Wednesday of the month to download the games, as far as I'm aware.

So I got my PS4 this week and also purchased Plus. Have I missed out on August's games?

Gov to the web store and also "buy" the PS3 and Vita games. Even if you don't have them, there's no harm adding them to your account.

Gov to the web store and also "buy" the PS3 and Vita games. Even if you don't have them, there's no harm adding them to your account.

I haven't been doing this.

If I download a PS3 game on the instant game collection/free games wohoo, what happens? Where exactly does it download to? Does it use up hard drive space?

I haven't been doing this.

If I download a PS3 game on the instant game collection/free games wohoo, what happens? Where exactly does it download to? Does it use up hard drive space?

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-gb/home/games

If you add the PS+ stuff to basket on there, then go to checkout and but it for "Free", then it will be linked to your account. No downloading involved.

So if you ever do get a PS3 or Vita in the future, then you can access and download all the PS+ game (as long as you have a subscription).

Edited by Cube