NEurope
Happenstance

Playstation Plus Free Games

Next months rumoured games.

Just like last month, we at GamePointsNow have managed to get a sneaky peek at this months Playstation Plus titles.

Once again Sony are bringing a handful of stellar titles free to European subscribers across all three of it’s platforms. Here’s the list that we’ve been shown for March:

PS4: Dead Nation

PS3: Tomb Raider, Brothers a tale of two sons

Vita:Smart As, Pixeljunk Monsters Ultimate HD

haha finally a month off from all these games! :p

If true, Brothers I already have (and so should you all!) an I'm probably still gonna get Tomb Raider for the PS4 :)

Dead Nation? Hasn't the PS3 version already been on PS+?

Don't get me wrong, I like it. Always wanted to finish it but too many other games got in the way.

I take it the PS4 version has offline co-op, too?

Brothers on PS3? Nice. Time to switch it on again :D@Retro_Link You made me want to play the game. If your recommendation doesn't pay off - i.e. the game sucks - I will kill you.

Never heard of SmartAs. What is this?

Pixel Junk Monsters sounds good!

Ah, I love PS+ :laughing:

@drahkon It's a special little game! let me know what you think :)

Also when you get the chance to just sit down on a bench and take in the landscape! beautiful.

Dead Nation? Hasn't the PS3 version already been on PS+?

Don't get me wrong, I like it. Always wanted to finish it but too many other games got in the way.

I take it the PS4 version has offline co-op, too?

Ah, I love PS+ :laughing:

I think we got Dead Space 2? It was something Dead at least.

I have already own Tomb Raider, but isn't it weird that they give out a free version while S-E have just released a version you have to pay for? I know it has better graphics, but still. Weird timing.

I haven't been particular interested in Brothers, and wouldn't have bought it no matter the media hype, so I'm glad to get it for free :)

Edited by Tales

I think Dead Nation was a give-away when PSN got hacked.

Might have to give TR a whirl.

Confirmed games for March :)

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/02/27/playstation-plus-march-tomb-raider-dead-nation-apocalypse-edition/

Leaving PS Plus on 5th March:

Outlast/Sound Shapes

Metro Last Light

Guacamelee! (Cross Buy)

Dynasty Warriors Next

ModNation Racers Road Trip

Entering PS Plus on 5th March:

PS4 Dead Nation Apocalypse Edition

PS3 Tomb Raider

PS3 Brothers A Tale of Two Sons

Vita Pixeljunk Monsters Ultimate HD

Vita Smart As

Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition features a full campaign mode which can be played solo or in co-op. The ‘Road to Devastation’ expansion is included too, giving you two extra game modes – Arcade and Endless, allowing you to test yourself against ever increasing odds.

I'll be downloading that for my PS4 whenever I get it, looks fun! I remember seeing it now way before I got my PS3.

And seriously, everyone play Brothers now ;)

Kind of a shitty update for Dead Nations.

Hopefully the made it easier to save the campaign progress, at the least. Yawn.

Dang, bought Brothers recently but haven't yet played it. Didn't cost much though.

Kind of a shitty update for Dead Nations.

Hopefully the made it easier to save the campaign progress, at the least. Yawn.

Wow I couldn't disagree more I'm totally pumped for Dead Nation! loved it on the PS3.

Myself and gbjoey the former host from Last Save Loaded podcast (which @flameboy now hosts fact fans). Used to play it for hours in Co-op and finished the game on various difficulty levels and played the crap out of the DLC. It's a brilliant co-op game and I might be in the minority here but I'm really looking forward to it.

We’ve seen some PS4 owners complain that Dead Nation is a weak title for the PS Plus March, but we think you will change your mind once you realize how good Dead Nation really is. The official Dead Nation PS4 release date is March 5th, so there’s not long to wait at all.
Edited by Cookyman

We’ve seen some PS4 owners complain that Dead Nation is a weak title for the PS Plus March, but we think you will change your mind once you realize how good Dead Nation really is. The official Dead Nation PS4 release date is March 5th, so there’s not long to wait at all.

Tbh the vast majority of PS4 Plus titles for the first year are going to be Indie games and HD remakes, so I'm not sure what they're expecting.

Drive Club will be a great bonus when it arrives, Knack maybe in the summer, and if we're lucky something like Infamous as a Merry Christmas.

You don't want free games? Don't get PS+.

And do not even try to argue that you need PS+ for multiplayer. If you bought PS+ for that alone don't complain about extra free games. :rolleyes:

People complain about everything...

Games came out on 24th Dec

Then 29th Jan

Now 5th March

Losing 5 days each month, after 6 months you lose a whole month...

They can complain because it was free on the PS3. Plus is mandatory on the PS4 and so if the games are poor then people are entitled to moan. I'm sure it will still be a good deal in the long run anyway, but the fact that Xbox has always charged for online doesn't make Sony exempt from criticism simply because they've softened the blow.

I feared the PS4 Plus would suffer due to there being a reduced incentive for Sony to release quality games on the service, but to judge it this early would obviously be stupid considering the small library of games available right now.

It is pretty incredible that one subscription covers 3 platforms though, so I tip my hat to them for that.

Tbh the vast majority of PS4 Plus titles for the first year are going to be Indie games and HD remakes, so I'm not sure what they're expecting.

Drive Club will be a great bonus when it arrives, Knack maybe in the summer, and if we're lucky something like Infamous as a Merry Christmas.

Yeah I really don't understand why people were expecting when the library is so small.

I think people are disappointed because people were expecting Drive Club in March. As for Dead Nations, I got it free on the PS3 and thought it was pretty dreadful, but I don't mind the off duff game on PS+. I've been curious about Brothers for a while now.

I'm disappointed because I've played DN to death. I love it. Think it's a brilliant game but content wise they almost nothing new. Seriously, some new shit would have been nice.

Rumours this month:

PS4: Mercenary Kings

PS3: PES 2014, Sly Cooper Thieves in Time

Vita: Hotline Miami, Moto GP13

I'm curious if Sly includes the Vita version.

Isn't Hotline Miami cross-buy?

Merc Kings is great, been loving the PS4 for local multiplayer. Towerfall is a blast, Dead Nations is great as expected, too.

Really pleased about PES, too. Been wanting to give it another go but not wanted to buy it.

Nice... I've bought the Sly Trilogy on PS3 recently as I've been on a bit of a Sucker Punch binge recently but I didn't really want to pay as much for the new one or at least I wasn't going to buy it quite yet being that I won't actually get to play the Sly games for a little bit yet - still enjoying the inFamous series - so if it's free on plus then that's fair enough. : peace:

Rumours this month:

PS4: Mercenary Kings

PS3: PES 2014, Sly Cooper Thieves in Time

Vita: Hotline Miami, Moto GP13

I'm curious if Sly includes the Vita version.

Well since you were all moaning about Dead Nation your gonna be really pissed with Mercenary Kings.

I can see it now -

"It's a retro game"

"It's like Metal Slug"

"Where's Drive Club?"

"My nappy needs changed"

Not a bad selection if you ask me.

Edited by Cookyman