NEurope
Dog-amoto

Fallout 4

Yeah, I'm not a fan. Are they not colour coded in any way for intonation or anything? The top option looks yellow-y.

It could be like in Witcher where some dialogue options don't end/progress conversations (ie. aren't main choices) and still let you pick one of the other main options after. If this is the case, it looks like you can only pick one of the green options.

Obviously I feel a bit prejudiced being a previous Nintendo only owner.

What's this game all about then? Another bland open world game like Assassins Creed or something decent?

So Fallout 3 was the best game of the previous generation of consoles.

The colour argument is completely blinkered - the palette is aesthetically justified by the story and the gorgeous art design. It's THE post-apocalyptic game to play, due to the feeling of solitude and immersion in a bleak, hopeless world - the moments of awe just looking about the landscape and taking everything in a moment of silence, before trekking across to a distant tower with 40's oldies blaring out on your radio as you incinerate feral dogs and ogres with mini-nukes in slow-motion.

It's so much greater than the sum of its parts, and believe me, there a fuck ton of parts.

Edited by dwarf

I don't see how Fallout 3 can be the best game of the previous generation when it was released in the same generation as New Vegas.

What's this game all about then? Another bland open world game like Assassins Creed or something decent?

It's an open-world RPG. It's really nothing like Assassin's Creed - the are actual reasons to explore the world besides searching for collectibles. There are people to talk to and quests to do and loot to find. You're usually free to play the game your way, whether that means choosing who to side with or trying diplomacy over violence.

Lots and lots of brown, too. That might make a nice change from Nintendo games.

I would agree on the New Vegas point but then we'd both be wrong.

Fallout 3 felt lived-in to me, whereas New Vegas felt like a hollow shell. It's a very divisive subject but Fallout is Fallout when push comes to shove, so take your pick. Tremendous series.

I don't see how Fallout 3 can be the best game of the previous generation when it was released in the same generation as New Vegas.

It's an open-world RPG. It's really nothing like Assassin's Creed - the are actual reasons to explore the world besides searching for collectibles. There are people to talk to and quests to do and loot to find. You're usually free to play the game your way, whether that means choosing who to side with or trying diplomacy over violence.

Lots and lots of brown, too. That might make a nice change from Nintendo games.

A bit like The Witcher 3 then?

A bit like The Witcher 3 then?

No

Did you play skyrim? Oblivion?

AHH

think Destiny, but single player, with a good story (basically the world was more advanced in the 50's but war was declaired, nuclear war, blah blah) cross it with the Walking Dead (for the sort of waste land feel and zombies) and you'd be more on the right lines - then Its witcher style sort of quests

You can play it in 1st and 3rd person. Usually best to play it as an FPS unless you're snooping through a building.

This will be my first Fallout game. I have purposely avoided all trailers to try and go into the series as fresh as possible. All I really know about it is it is basically Skyrim with guns set in a post-apocalyptic future.

I've only heard good things about the franchise - to those people who have played Fallout 3 and New Vegas, what would you say are the biggest flaws/criticisms of the series? Not trying to be negative or anything, just want to temper my expectations.

This will be my first Fallout game. I have purposely avoided all trailers to try and go into the series as fresh as possible. All I really know about it is it is basically Skyrim with guns set in a post-apocalyptic future.

I've only heard good things about the franchise - to those people who have played Fallout 3 and New Vegas, what would you say are the biggest flaws/criticisms of the series? Not trying to be negative or anything, just want to temper my expectations.

I think that would be item bloat (you end up with quite a lot of stuff if you're a hoarder and you have to ditch stuff to be able to move quickly). Also you can become quite overpowered if you do everything.

Main criticism is it can be a bit glitchy at times and I've heard of people's games being totally broken. So save often.

It is a fantastic game though. You can be on your way to a quest, see a little shack or something slightly out of the way on the horizon, think "ooh, what's that?" and then end up on a sidequest for the next three hours.

And then it's morning...

The free gift bobblehead for preordering from GAME came early. :)

@Zell ask this guy if the game is gonna be good. ;)

Edited by Sheikah

Hearing that some GAME customers have reported their Pip Boy edition has been cancelled...

Seems to mostly be people who preordered using Paypal and as the payment authorisation runs out after a month it isnt allowing preorders to go through.

I got my dispatch email from Game...but that's standard isn't it? No chance of it actually being dispatched, right? I don't usually order from them but Amazon have fucked me over too many times to trust them.

I got my dispatch email from Game...but that's standard isn't it? No chance of it actually being dispatched, right? I don't usually order from them but Amazon have fucked me over too many times to trust them.

Did it mention when you preordered that you would also get a bobblehead? They are a pretty cool extra, hopefully they still have stock of them.

Seems to mostly be people who preordered using Paypal and as the payment authorisation runs out after a month it isnt allowing preorders to go through.

Had that problem when I ordered something out of stock on Gamestop once. You'd think they'd disable PayPal preordering for things over a month away. Can't expect all customers to know but you'd expect they should.

Edited by Sheikah
Automerged Doublepost

Same here got email yesterday but sadly no game today. Hardly surprised to be honest.

Did it mention when you preordered that you would also get a bobblehead? They are a pretty cool extra, hopefully they still have stock of them.

Nope, but I only switched my pre-order the other day so I wasn't really expecting to make the cut.

My friend is soon to be holidaying in South America for two months and he's letting me borrow his PS4.

barc3a7a-2-1-athletic-messi-goal-celebration-2014.jpg?w=900

Sensational timing.

Will obviously be playing this, and hopefully have some online sessions with you guys if any of us can tear ourselves away from what is likely to be the best game ever made.

Tempted to put this on my Christmas list. The only concerning thing is the amount of people I see online saying that this will be broken on release, or glitchy.

Will this be because there's tons of stuff crammed into the game, therefore more things to go wrong (as in, it's pushing the machine to its limits), or is it because it'll suffer from lack of polish? I know absolutely nothing about this other than its post-apocalyptic setting.

Will this be because there's tons of stuff crammed into the game, therefore more things to go wrong (as in, it's pushing the machine to its limits).

Basically this. The worlds are very complex which leaves room for a lot of things to go wrong. Most of the time the glitches arent that bad. Only time I had a real issue was last gen with Skyrim on the PS3. The further you got into the game, the larger your save file got and the slower the game ran.

Personally I wouldnt listen to people talking shit about it just yet. They are making assumptions and it could run perfectly fine.

Basically this. The worlds are very complex which leaves room for a lot of things to go wrong. Most of the time the glitches arent that bad. Only time I had a real issue was last gen with Skyrim on the PS3. The further you got into the game, the larger your save file got and the slower the game ran.

Personally I wouldnt listen to people talking shit about it just yet. They are making assumptions and it could run perfectly fine.

That's absolutely fair and I am more forgiving towards it being glitchy or whatnot for that reason.

How are the developers in terms of releasing patches to fix the game? Are they quite quick? Think this will be one of those games where I wait for the internet's/this forum's reactions before I decide whether to go for it or not. Think I will add it to the list as all signs point to it being excellent.

That's absolutely fair and I am more forgiving towards it being glitchy or whatnot for that reason.

How are the developers in terms of releasing patches to fix the game? Are they quite quick? Think this will be one of those games where I wait for the internet's/this forum's reactions before I decide whether to go for it or not. Think I will add it to the list as all signs point to it being excellent.

The PS3 thing I mentioned took quite a while to fix but they were working on it as soon as they found out about it.

As for other stuff, you wont always get fixes for it. As I said its just a complex world that will have stuff break every now and again. I expect its probably too hard to patch out all that stuff.