NEurope
Dog-amoto

Fallout 4

Set in Massetusis, Massurtutis, Massatoosis, Massa....somewhere in America...

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/12/11/fallout-4-exists-and-its-set-in-massachusetts

Fallout 4 Exists, and it’s Set in Massachusetts

To the shelter!

It was over a year ago that we heard rumors that Fallout 4 would be set in Boston. Of course, at that time, even the very existence of Fallout 4 wasn’t confirmed, nonetheless where it would be located. But wonder no more, because not only is Fallout 4 real, but it is, indeed, set in Massachusetts.

Word comes by way of Kotaku, which acquired leaked documents associated with the game’s voice acting casting call. Interestingly, the documents reference a project code-named Institute; the word “Fallout” never actually makes an appearance anywhere. But the contents of the documents make it quite clear what game is being referenced.

For instance, the beginning of one page starts with “War. War never changes,” perhaps the single most well-known line in the Fallout series. It discusses the main character’s great great-grandfather, who served in the army in 1945. Expecting that the bombs that ended World War II would be a harbinger of absolute atomic warfare, the narrator expresses surprise that it took until the 21st century for the world to end in nuclear fire.

Another document makes reference to the Commonwealth Minutemen. In Fallout lore, the Commonwealth is the post-apocalyptic name of Massachusetts (and perhaps the greater New England) area. You can find the full details of the leaked documents on Kotaku.

After a couple of years of rumors, including a reference from a voice actor earlier in 2013, a trademark for Fallout 4 in Europe, and even a website that ended up being a hoax, it’s awesome to know that Fallout 4 is, indeed, quite real.

Who’s developing it, of course, is another question. Bethesda owns the Fallout name, so we know who’s publishing it, and chances are that Fallout 3 developer Bethesda Game Studios – best-known for The Elder Scrolls series – is the obvious candidate. Nonetheless, we’ve reached out to Bethesdsa for comment, and will update when we hear back.

Yeah this is good stuff! Can't wait for the next Fallout. Here's hoping it's a PC/PS4/X1 release to give us a reason to generation jump.

Well Fallout 3 was one of my stand out games of the 'current gen' so I can't wait for a sequel! :)

Except the underground subway type sections... Wasn't too keen on them.

Well Fallout 3 was one of my stand out games of the 'current gen' so I can't wait for a sequel! :)

Except the underground subway type sections... Wasn't too keen on them.

Did you play New Vegas?

Did you play New Vegas?

Yeah. Preferred Fallout 3 though.

Still a great game, just didn't quite have the same feel to it. Or maybe it was simply because Fallout 3 was my first fallout experience?

Yeah. Preferred Fallout 3 though.

Still a great game, just didn't quite have the same feel to it. Or maybe it was simply because Fallout 3 was my first fallout experience?

I prefered New Vegas. I think I just found there to be a bit more purpose to the story and the Vegas setting more interesting. Still loved both of them but it took me a couple of tries to really get into them.

Expecting a teaser and the full reveal at E3.

I AM HYPED AS FUCK.

A teaser announcement of a teaser trailer announcing when a real trailer will be revealed. I love this industry

A teaser announcement of a teaser trailer announcing when a real trailer will be revealed. I love this industry

Yeah, people are getting excited about when a commercial will air. Capitalism squared!

This is the first confirmation that the game exists, it's not about whatever they show today, it's about looking forward to the latest in a series we've thoroughly enjoyed in the past. Words like "capitalism" being thrown around, crikey, put down the tin foil hats :indeed:

It was fairly obviously a joke, but one at expense of the fact that the whole breadcrumb trail of teasers and teaser trailers is fucking ridiculous. Do you think there's going to be any worthwhile information in this trailer other than maybe where it's set and some basic gameplay details if you're lucky and only after vigilant observers have wrung the 20 seconds of fmv dry? There's something so ridiculous about all of us getting so hyped up about, yes, a commercial, that's going to offer the tiniest morsel of information.

Especially ridiculous when they have the goddamn doomsday clock up online to count down to something they've obviously admitted to.

There's something so ridiculous about all of us getting so hyped up about, yes, a commercial, that's going to offer the tiniest morsel of information.

Really? Ridiculous.

Video gaming is our hobby and I think most of us are very passionate about it. That's why we're freaking hyped.

Heck, I'm hyped as FUCK for E3 which is basically a "look at what you might want to spend money on"-show.

Really? Ridiculous.

Video gaming is our hobby and I think most of us are very passionate about it. That's why we're freaking hyped.

Heck, I'm hyped as FUCK for E3 which is basically a "look at what you might want to spend money on"-show.

Yes dude, but in a moment of self reflection it's possible to admit that something you love doing has things associated with it that are completely ridiculous. Every game of this size is going to wind up the advertising cycle to start with drip feeding us tiny dregs of information, and then get to the point where we're inundated with audiovisual trashheaps of screenshots, trailers, dev interviews and whatnot. Forgive my trespass; it's a little fucking ridiculous.

E3 until very recently was the most absurd thing on the planet, where you were liable to run into a literal dog and pony show and were beset on all sides by women that had their tits hanging out for no reason. One year Capcom had a booth where you could go to get the company logo tattooed on yourself. Think about that for a moment; at something that's ostensibly supposed to be an industry event, you can go and get a corporate logo indelibly inscribed on your flesh. It takes a fair deal of hard headedness to deny that all of that is absurd.

I don't make as big a deal out of it as you do, so I'm not that bothered by all the implications.

Yeah I think some people do just look far too into this stuff (not just pointing the finger at you Bard). Im a lot happier just seeing this stuff and getting excited that something I want will be coming out, I think when you start overanalysing it all it starts to suck the fun out of everything.

Most people don't care about what the teaser will have in it, it's the fact it exists that most people are happy about.

Sure, and I was joking until @Shorty told me to take the tinfoil hat off, at which point I decided to superglue it to my head.

Most people don't care about what the teaser will have in it, it's the fact it exists that most people are happy about.

Yup I'm super happy about it too, Fallout 3 was one of my favourite games last gen. But sometimes it's totally ok to laugh at ourselves.

Edited by The Bard

One year Capcom had a booth where you could go to get the company logo tattooed on yourself. Think about that for a moment; at something that's ostensibly supposed to be an industry event, you can go and get a corporate logo indelibly inscribed on your flesh

LOL.

I'm excited but I don't expect Bethesda to have kept up with the times. It'll be a new engine and they'll have played things safe with the gameplay side of things. Hopefully they've done something interesting on the art design side.

Some shiz leaked a little early.

46910_2_0.jpg

1280799190723054916.png

And a compressed screenshot:

CGk-yAwUYAAbVAI.jpg:large