NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Jamba

StreetPass UK

Nintendo have had a massive facelift on their StreetPass hub site which deserves a check by anyone with a 3DS.

It allows people to coordinate real-life events for 3DS meetups and to create their own communities for StreetPass just like @bluey did.

I'd highly recommend checking it out and hopefully you will be able to enjoy some of the great events that @Gentleben , @welsh_gamer , bluey and I have done!

I'm new to the 3DS (well, I'll be playing it in two weeks' time anyway!) so excuse me for the n00b question: What is this exactly?

I'm new to the 3DS (well, I'll be playing it in two weeks' time anyway!) so excuse me for the n00b question: What is this exactly?

Alrighty, so the 3DS can actually exchange information with other 3DS units when they are close by. They swap info about each others Miis and lots of games are designed to use the function as well. StreetPass Plaza actually has games entirely based off this and they have a lot of charm and are surprisingly addictive. Recently Nintendo released some new games for the Plaza that are really great as well. Check out a bit more HERE.

Take Zelda for instance, when someone StreetPasses you, a shadow version of their Link turns up in your world which you can battle! Crazy stuff :-)

So about the StreetPass communities, they are groups made to get people together in a local area and have fun with 3DS. It's all about multiplayer gaming and sharing in the fun with real people. For me and bluey, we created StreetPass Banbury and hosted a Pokémon tournament as a qualifier for a national tournament event. We ended up helping host that event and met some great people :-)

This StreetPass UK site is a hub for all of these local groups and a way of helping people start ones of their own. It has a whole bunch of other cool features too :-)

That actually sounds pretty awesome. I'll have to try and find out if there's one nearby for me! Would they have one for Resident Evil or Street Fighter?

Wish there was a StreetPass Bournemouth. Would set one up myself, but the site would eat into the time. It's a great thing to meet fellow players. When I went to the Pokémon Adventure Tour here in August, I battled people, I traded, then I let them know who I was. It was great.

May try to convince a friend of mine to set one up

That actually sounds pretty awesome. I'll have to try and find out if there's one nearby for me! Would they have one for Resident Evil or Street Fighter?

In the process of getting one started at the moment, aiming for first meet up to be on Jan 18th (Sat) with a Mario Party theme.

Got a twitter and facebook group set up and now trying to find a suitable location.

@Streetpassbham or https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/247157228777243/

I thought the StreetPassUK site was fan made, not an official Nintendo thing.

@Gentleben, wasn't there already a Birmingham group? And did you ever go to any of the Cardiff meetups?

I thought the StreetPassUK site was fan made, not an official Nintendo thing.

@Gentleben, wasn't there already a Birmingham group? And did you ever go to any of the Cardiff meetups?

I used to host my own DS: Birmingham Groups years before the 3DS was released, via the site http://www.meetup,com. However, I stopped cause the turnout was poor and I was paying for nothing basically.

I would like to have visited one of the Cardiff events, but I travel via coach and you can't do a day trip between Birmingham and Cardiff.

Sign in to follow this