NEurope
Retro_Link

No Man's Sky

So, erm... when is this actually out for PS4 in UK? I keep hearing 9th, but everywhere seems to say 10th. I'm confused... :wtf:

9th for America, 10th for UK/Europe. 12th might be PC release.

I hope they patch every copy so rather than normal textures, you just get pictures of Sean's face on everything.

And all the planets are Sean's head.

And Sean comes to your house and makes you a creme brulee.

I can hook you up with a Nic Cage edition of Dark Souls in the meantime

I hope they patch every copy so rather than normal textures, you just get pictures of Sean's face on everything.

And all the planets are Sean's head.

And Sean comes to your house and makes you a creme brulee.

Except for this one planet

CIFXG8fUEAAf58h.jpg

Just heard a cool feature which made me happy and the feedbacks from people who saw another stream are now positive again lmao.

Just heard a cool feature which made me happy and the feedbacks from people who saw another stream are now positive again lmao.

Not sure what the feature is (don't tell me!) but yeah I read a lot of people prefer the way these new people are playing the game.

Apparently the first guy really rushed it. Missing loads of great, cool stuff, just to get to the centre as quickly as possible.

So anyone on here for a copy yet? I heard that some stores were selling it already but Iv checked everywhere and can't fine one lol

My only expectation, or want, was to be able to take off from a planet, see a star in the sky and go there. And I can do that. Anything else is just gravy!

Same here. I quite like the idea of the game having fairly simple mechanics, and especially not being heavily multiplayer focused.

So anyone on here for a copy yet? I heard that some stores were selling it already but Iv checked everywhere and can't fine one lol

Don't know of anyone personally that has got it already. Don't think Game normally send out orders early, which is who I ordered my limited edition with. In fact I'm not expecting them to get it to me on the day, which is why I also pre-ordered a digital copy. The pre-load, for PS4, is on Monday apparently. And luckily the download is only around 6gb.

Same here. I quite like the idea of the game having fairly simple mechanics, and especially not being heavily multiplayer focused.

The multiplayer seems great to me. You can see where your friends are on the galactic map and you could run into someone, but probably won't. The moment you set down on a planet someone else has found, if you did, it'd be an amazing feeling.

Don't know of anyone personally that has got it already. Don't think Game normally send out orders early, which is who I ordered my limited edition with. In fact I'm not expecting them to get it to me on the day, which is why I also pre-ordered a digital copy.

GAME emailed me earlier in the week to say they'd be taking the money for my limited edition soon and then posting them out on Monday.

GAME emailed me earlier in the week to say they'd be taking the money for my limited edition soon and then posting them out on Monday.

Yeah I got that too. If they send them out in the morning I'd get it the Tuesday, but I reckon it'll be Monday night and I'll get it Wednesday afternoon.

The email explicitly stated we wouldn't receive them early. How cruel!

Amazon will send my copy on Mon and should be here on Wed but it would be amazing if it arrives on Tue

Yeah I got that too. If they send them out in the morning I'd get it the Tuesday, but I reckon it'll be Monday night and I'll get it Wednesday afternoon.

The email explicitly stated we wouldn't receive them early. How cruel!

I usually find that when GAME send something out, I'll get it the next day so I'm still hopeful it'll come on Tuesday.

I usually find that when GAME send something out, I'll get it the next day so I'm still hopeful it'll come on Tuesday.

You have given me hope!

I just hope I recieve it on Wednesday. Bought the LE but can't recall how fast or slow the store is.

The multiplayer seems great to me. You can see where your friends are on the galactic map and you could run into someone, but probably won't. The moment you set down on a planet someone else has found, if you did, it'd be an amazing feeling.

I mean in terms of Elite and Star Citizen (that people seem to want this to be like) - I don't want MMO-type multiplayer (this one sounds great).

I mean in terms of Elite and Star Citizen (that people seem to want this to be like) - I don't want MMO-type multiplayer (this one sounds great).

Yeah I get you. I love the idea of a solitary voyage through unknown space. A lot of people seem to want, as you said, an MMO experience. And although it was never stated it was, some people are up in arms that there's no "proper" multiplayer.

Sean just dropped a tweet that they just finished the first update after spent a month working on it. It got alot of features, balancing and contents. Can't wait to see what they are!

Sean just dropped a tweet that they just finished the first update after spent a month working on it. It got alot of features, balancing and contents. Can't wait to see what they are!

[tweet]760698230418071555[/tweet]

They do work bloody hard. And new content already? Great news! They should really have some sort of break now, at least for a week. haha

Great news ^

I was a little disappointed last night to read reactions on gaf last night in the non-spoiler thread from people who've played it. Definitely sounds like expectations should be lowered for this one.

Great news ^

I was a little disappointed last night to read reactions on gaf last night in the non-spoiler thread from people who've played it. Definitely sounds like expectations should be lowered for this one.

I've found the opposite. The only people who seem disappointed are the ones who had no idea what the game actually was and had imagined some huge MMO experience.

The people who have known what the game is and who have watched IGN First's extended gameplay demos have been even more excited. The game is exactly what they sold it as.

I've found the opposite. The only people who seem disappointed are the ones who had no idea what the game actually was and had imagined some huge MMO experience.

The people who have known what the game is and who have watched IGN First's extended gameplay demos have been even more excited. The game is exactly what they sold it as.

That's pretty much the impression that I've been reading on Reddit. The game is exactly what it was described to be.

Curious to see what's in this first update.

Just got an email from Game saying their packing my order and it should be on its way "very soon". Do they normally do this a week before launch? Am I getting my hopes up they'll send it out early? lol

Just got an email from Game saying their packing my order and it should be on its way "very soon". Do they normally do this a week before launch? Am I getting my hopes up they'll send it out early? lol

I got the same email. I doubt the "very soon" means anything, just their default text. I still expect it to be despatched on Monday.