NEurope
Retro_Link

No Man's Sky

Who agreed to that? I think it's great Hello Games gets more time to make the game even better and it's a good thing there's as few problems at launch as possible, but that doesn't mean I don't think delays suck.

Sorry, who's being negative or getting upset about the delay now?

I'm pleased we're getting it on the same day as Europe. I was just expressing surprise that the release day being brought forward by a whole 48 hours was enough to bring derailed hype back from the dead.

The Hype was never dead. It was merely....sleeping.

And now, it has awoken!

The Hype was never dead. It was merely....sleeping.

And now, it has awoken!

We've woken the hive!

Oh wrong franchise.

Who agreed to that?

Ronnie and I. Sorry, posted quickly while at work earlier.

Sorry, who's being negative or getting upset about the delay now?

I'm pleased we're getting it on the same day as Europe. I was just expressing surprise that the release day being brought forward by a whole 48 hours was enough to bring derailed hype back from the dead.

What a difference a day makes.

Twice.

I actually think people that are happy with the slight shift weren't the ones angry about the delay in the first place. They were the ones willing to wait and they just have to wait a bit less now .

I've waited my whole life for this game, I can wait a few more weeks. Besides, if I got it at the beginning of the summer I'd never get anything else done. Just hope they don't delay it any further or it'll encroach on my final year of uni and I may end up failing!

I'm sure you could claim extenuating circumstances ;)

Can't believe that Sky pulled the same bullshit with Hello Game as well. They took Microsoft to the court over their Skype and Skydrive (OneDrive) because they are "too similar" to Sky. :nono:

Is that real or a joke? :o

Would that have been one of the reasons behind the delays I wonder?

Is that real or a joke? :o

Would that have been one of the reasons behind the delays I wonder?

Unfortunately it's real. Sky broadcaster always sue anyone who used Sky in their products :|

How the fuck should a company allowed to copyright words.... I mean if someone had sky, fine or sky *something* at a push, but Skype? No Man's Sky? Ugh.

I'd forgotten about that legal campaign. Thank heavens it's all sorted, was bloody stupid to be begin with. Only 7 weeks til launch! :D

Are you fucking kidding me?

Would this be a/the reason behind the delay?

What a world we live in. :nono:

I doubt it's the reason behind the delay (if the game had already been released and the courts favoured Sky HG probably would have just paid royalties) but its the kind of bullshit that goes on a lot. King have sued a few game developers for using the word "Saga" as well.

Aw man, I wish I owned the rights to the word 'Battle'.

I cancelled my pre-order. I kind of expected to be sold a bit more by this point and...well, I'm not. This looks like an indie game at full RRP.

Unless it gets stellar reviews, I'll give it a miss.

I cancelled my pre-order. I kind of expected to be sold a bit more by this point and...well, I'm not. This looks like an indie game at full RRP.

I'm getting it anyway. Will make a change for us!

You'll also probably play it long before I do knowing what I'm like.

I'm getting it anyway. Will make a change for us!

You'll also probably play it long before I do knowing what I'm like.

Not quite sure how this 'looks like an indie game', but ok. Also why does it matter and why should that suggest a lower cost?

Not quite sure how this 'looks like an indie game', but ok. Also why does it matter and why should that suggest a lower cost?