NEurope
Retro_Link

No Man's Sky

Hopefully they'll have some sort presence at E3

Urgh, God no...Please use the No Man's Sky slot for something new.

Oh, and I forgot. Well played, @Ashley

Edited by drahkon

Urgh, God no...Please use the No Man's Sky slot for something new.

Yeah, fair point, it'd be nice to make way for more new titles. I hope they steer clear of the conferences, and just have some sort of presence/update at the show. Then again, with the way they like to keep hyping this, it's bound to get another big showing.

They can give us a trailer. But NOT at the Sony conference...

I can't believe how many death threats Sean Murray and others got from idiots. I know it's quite frustrating with the delay especially after waiting for a long time to get a release date for it.

Yeah, the backlash has been absurd. It's only six-ish weeks.

I also hope they don't release anymore trailers, but only because I want to find stuff out for myself.

Miyamoto's famous quote applies here, but I just wish they stopped giving release dates that they can't meet. That's my issue, not with how long the game is taking.

Miyamoto's famous quote applies here, but I just wish they stopped giving release dates that they can't meet. That's my issue, not with how long the game is taking.

They've only ever given 2 specific release dates:

June 24th and now August 12th. Before then it was a very broad ball-park estimate, as in "2015". Sean always said they'd give a specific date when they were pretty sure they could meet it. Obviously something happened to delay it by a gargantuan six weeks.

I can't believe how many death threats Sean Murray and others got from idiots. I know it's quite frustrating with the delay especially after waiting for a long time to get a release date for it.

Did you see that guy threatening Polygon (or Kotaku, forget) when they posted about it earlier this week? He threatened them, phoned GameSpot to prove they were wrong and asked PewDePie.

Shame some people turn to anger so quickly when they dislike something.

They gave a release date that they failed to meet, they didn't give a release date that they couldn't meet.

They gave a release date that they failed to meet, they didn't give a release date that they couldn't meet.

You don't know that

You don't know that

Just like you don't know the inverse but that didn't stop you from posting your post.

Did you see that guy threatening Polygon (or Kotaku, forget) when they posted about it earlier this week? He threatened them, phoned GameSpot to prove they were wrong and asked PewDePie.

Shame some people turn to anger so quickly when they dislike something.

I didn't see it but that's a stupid thing to do because they can get arrested for saying something like that.

Well getting angry over a delayed game is a stupid thing to do in itself.

Too bad Frontier Developments haven't pulled their fingers out their arses and released Elite Dangerous on PS4 around now and taken advantage of this delay. I still think it looks like the better game but then I have a nostalgic soft spot for the original. 😆

I didn't see it but that's a stupid thing to do because they can get arrested for saying something like that.

It was Kotaku that got the death threats:

[tweet]736151267215560705[/tweet]

Reddit detectives then debunked it by phoning some stores:

And Sean Murray has also received death threats:

[tweet]736686755139719168[/tweet]

I know that I'm disappointed the game isn't out yet or won't be out anytime soon. But, that frustration comes from wanting to play the game immediately and also partly because of the way things are being handled.

I think you should be allowed to criticise things and people. But, there does need to be a line. Making death threats obviously goes way beyond that line. The problem with these sorts of people is that it halts all forms of discussions and stops any real meaningful dialogue from taking place. Now, we're taking about that issue instead of the worries about the game, such as what is causing this delay, if the game is in real trouble, will it make the next deadline, etc.

As much as this frustrates me and tires me out, I want Sean and the gang to succeed and I want this game to be amazing and do well. I do feel that they are making a pig's ear out of a lot of things and they're relying on a lot of patience and faith from the fans because they are seen as the nice guys of the industry. I'm hoping that they can just get the job done now because there's only so much you can ask of fans before their heads become turned by something else. It's really competitive out there these days.

The game has been delayed six weeks. I think everything has been blown out of proportion.

As much as this frustrates me and tires me out, I want Sean and the gang to succeed and I want this game to be amazing and do well. I do feel that they are making a pig's ear out of a lot of things and they're relying on a lot of patience and faith from the fans because they are seen as the nice guys of the industry. I'm hoping that they can just get the job done now because there's only so much you can ask of fans before their heads become turned by something else. It's really competitive out there these days.

I imagine that's why they delayed it. There is a lot riding on this and not necessarily just for HG. It's a small (15) team that's releasing a conceptually huge game. If it were to come out and be full of problems some snide-ass people would be saying how it proves indie games are shit, not real etc etc. If however they blow it out of the water it has the chance to make a huge impact on the established state of the industry (it could also just do well and disappear, granted).

Now releasing on the 10th of August in the UK to coincide with the rest of the Europe. So only a 6 week and 5 days delay now

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees.

The Hype train needed to make an unscheduled stop, but is back on track now, and is travelling full steam ahead!

Edited by 130131301364

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees.

The Hype train needed to make an unscheduled stop, but is back on track now, and is travelling full steam ahead!

Because we're getting it two days earlier?

Because we're getting it at all, my young, negative friend!

Yeah I thought we agreed there wasn't any need to get upset about delays?

It's good that we're getting the game. It's a brilliant experiment that will hopefully bear fruit.