NEurope
Retro_Link

No Man's Sky

What a surprise, a big game gets delayed. Never saw that coming.

More like tiny game suddenly elevated to huge game, gets delayed.

What a surprise, a big game gets delayed. Never saw that coming.

My thoughts on the matter:

I don't understand the uproar over the game's delay, surely better than them rushing it out. Plus, it feels like every big game these days gets delayed from its original release date. I would have thought everyone was used to this by now.

The delay seems to be for the rest of the world to bring them inline with the U.K., worldwide release has been moved to 24th June according to EB games in Canada.

I wouldn't mind it being delayed by a week. I leave for Toronto on the 24th. After waiting so long it's bloody typical! :D

I wouldn't mind it being delayed by a week. I leave for Toronto on the 24th. After waiting so long it's bloody typical! :D

Are you going there for the festival? We were disappointed that we're going to miss it by a few days.

Are you going there for the festival? We were disappointed that we're going to miss it by a few days.

The film festival? That's normally in September, though they're probably having some other festival in June too.

Been looking forward to this game for so long I did, for a split second, think about cancelling the holiday. lol

Well... that sucks a bit... I guess? :blank:

But on the other hand, I may have cleared some of my PS4 backlog by then and will be in a better position to play it on release so... dare I say... yay? :heh:

It's still not good news for anyone who can't wait to play it but I can wait, it'll still be good either way surely? : peace:

Hype train derailed.

August is triple birthday, holiday and wedding month. September I'm in France for work, I'm in Poland all October. November will be spent catching up on work from being out of the country, so I may as well cancel my pre-order and get it in December on offer or 2nd hand.

That's if it even releases in August which I honestly no longer have any confidence in.

Erm, what's your point?

That I agree, there's no point in getting too het up about a game delay. It's a shame though obviously.

Funny way of agreeing, but ok. I wonder what those three Thanks were for, you finding a post where I said the same thing as I did above?

Who knows. Maybe they appreciated me showing how consistent you are regardless of which console a game gets delayed on. Life is strange.

I agree, most of us are consistent while others are not and cause a big stink. It's a shame really but that's life. Much like this delay, it happens.

Still looking forward to the game though. Sadly it'll be August before we know it! (Sadly in the sense that time can pass so quickly)

Pre-order cancelled, hype gone, not sure when I'll buy this.

I have exams in August and one month later FFXV will be out, so No Man's Sky is probably not a game I'll buy this year. ::shrug:

I've held off on buying The Talos Principle, which is 11€ digitally right now, beacause of No Man's Sky and my money situation...but now it seems that The Talos Principle will be my next game :) Oh and I forgot Overwatch...as soon as I got the Platinum on Uncharted 4 I'll trade that an another game in at Gamestop and get Overwatch for 9.99€.

Edited by drahkon

I agree, most of us are consistent while others are not and cause a big stink. It's a shame really but that's life. Much like this delay, it happens.

Still looking forward to the game though. Sadly it'll be August before we know it! (Sadly in the sense that time can pass so quickly)

I agree, it is a shame

Well this is just fucking great.

Although I initially grumbled at the June release date (as it was so far away at the time of its reveal), I came around to it in the end because it would be my game of the summer. I could spend the school summer holiday playing through this game and could invest into the world/s that were created. We're leaving for the N-Europe meet on the 12th August, we are going straight to Belgium afterwards on the 14th and won't be back until the 27th, so...a mere 2 days before I start the Autumn term, which is the absolute worst term, in my opinion. The half-term is a write-off as you're basically up to your eyeballs bringing the new lot up to speed...so this game really may as well be released at Christmas as it'll make absolutely no bit of difference to me.

I'm absolutely disappointed by this. There's zero point in me pre-ordering this now because, like I said, I won't get to sit down and play it the way I want to until Christmas. I don't give a shit anymore about all of these pre-order bonuses and bundles...I just want to play this fucking game. Hell, I feel like I've already followed it for long enough anyway and I was excited to finally get my hands on it next month, after a long and grueling year.

Here's a tip to the developers and to Mr Murray: Shut up and finish your game (or at least get them to the point of being finished...a two month delay doesn't signal to me that it is close to completion at all...) before you start doing all of these promotions, interviews, snippets, love-ins with IGN and god knows who else. Pre-order is now being cancelled and I'll maybe think about adding this to my Christmas list if this lives up to its promise...if it actually manages to make it out by then.

I am done.

It's a bit disappointing (especially as this is currently the only game I'm getting for the rest of the year), but I'm still confident that I'll be spending a lot of time playing the game.

I'd rather they were happy with the game than release it early. The reaction to this has been pathetic, especially those who started sending death threats to Kotaku for breaking the story, like they were somehow causing the delay!

Not sure how I feel about this delay myself. I'm currently hovering over the 'Cancel pre-order' button, but that's mainly due to funds. I have two festivals lined up and Deus Ex: Mankind Divided is also released in the same month (a series which I care about dearly), so I may not be able to justify it.

Hopefully they'll have some sort presence at E3, but that's going to be make-or-break for me...