NEurope
Retro_Link

No Man's Sky

Watched that video and my hype is back, too.

It looks so fucking cool. I'll probably spend 10 hours on my first planet :laughing:

I'd really love to preorder but the Limited Edition is still not available in Germany as it seems. :hmm:

@drahkon Amazon Germany got the limited edition now. :)

Edited by DriftKaiser

Probably not the most spoilery video tbh, seemed a bit disjointed like they were hiding things.

*strokes screen (for the art not Sean Murray...okay maybe that too as he seems nice)*

Look like they might add new stuffs and more multiplayer related if the game is gonna be really popular.

I don't know, I kind of want to let them have some sleep for a while.

It already is supposed to be multiplayer, they just need to reduce the size of the universe tenfold so we actually have some chance of bumping into one another.

I wonder if you'll be able to give a friend coordinates of a planet you found, and they can navigate there...

Maybe that's something you can do later when you both have the tech, otherwise it would kind of defeat the purpose of the game.

It already is supposed to be multiplayer, they just need to reduce the size of the universe tenfold so we actually have some chance of bumping into one another.

This would sort of defeat the whole awe-inspiring aspect to it?

I like the idea that there are other people out there but the chance of coming across anyone is so slim.

It'll be an amazing day when or if you finally come across another planet that somebody else found first!

This would sort of defeat the whole awe-inspiring aspect to it?

I like the idea that there are other people out there but the chance of coming across anyone is so slim.

It'll be an amazing day when or if you finally come across another planet that somebody else found first!

No, I agree with you. But currently the chances of finding someone else or something they've discovered is like 0.001%, which is very low. One out of every 100,000 people. I reckon 1 out of every 10,000 would be better odds? Otherwise it's going to be really lonely!

Also, there's going to be no incentive to name stuff if you know no-one will ever find it.

No, I agree with you. But currently the chances of finding someone else or something they've discovered is like 0.001%, which is very low. One out of every 100,000 people. I reckon 1 out of every 10,000 would be better odds? Otherwise it's going to be really lonely!

Also, there's going to be no incentive to name stuff if you know no-one will ever find it.

Name the first planet you find after your mobile number. Dare you.

I don't need others to see it to feel validated or like I've accomplished something.

And even if people did see it, they'd be strangers and you'd never know. So, even if the universe was a lot smaller, you'd never know if anyone actually saw your planet.

And anyway I like the idea of the game being lonely. Space is big. Space is lonely. :P

That art video was nice. I'm reeeeeally looking forward to getting hold of this. 2 months, people! Argghghhghghgh.

So excited. Tempted to make a Spotify playlist of "Space music" to have on at some point in the future whilst chilling in this game. (although the 65Days soundtrack is going to kick arse) Some David Bowie will go down a treat. Maybe some Muse? God is an Astronaut!

Hnnnnnggggggg.

Tempted to make a Spotify playlist of "Space music" to have on at some point in the future whilst chilling in this game. [...] Maybe some Muse?

Way ahead of you. My playlist named "Space" is currently only occupied by Muse tracks, but it will expand a lot more in the next two months.

Exogenesis Symphony Parts 1-3

MK Ultra

Take A Bow

Map of the Problematique

Glorious

Exo-Politics (!!!)

Apocalypse Please

Fury

Space Dementia (!!!)

Megalomania

Citizen Erased (hhhnnnnggggggg)

The Handler

Showbiz

Supermassive Black Hole (obviously)

Eternally Missed

Dead Star

Will have to add a lot from Purity Ring, Alt-J, Lana Del Rey, Innerpartysystem, IAMX, Hans Zimmer, Emika, Danger, Daft Punk, ...AAAAHHHHHH

Edited by drahkon

That art video was nice. I'm reeeeeally looking forward to getting hold of this. 2 months, people! Argghghhghghgh.

So excited. Tempted to make a Spotify playlist of "Space music" to have on at some point in the future whilst chilling in this game. (although the 65Days soundtrack is going to kick arse) Some David Bowie will go down a treat. Maybe some Muse? God is an Astronaut!

Hnnnnnggggggg.

It's twee but The Boy Least Likely To's song Michael Collins based on this guy: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Collins_(astronaut)

It's all about being lonely in space

Yeah, I agree with this. Especially since so much noise has been made of people being able to name things etc - odd that there's so little chance of most players ever

Having said that - if the center of the universe is the same for everyone, the planets toward the center would have a much higher likelihood of being found, if everyone is moving toward the central planet. So maybe you'll begin to see more places other players have visited, and potentially other player ships, toward the end of the game?

Rumours stating to appear that this may be getting a month or two delay...

I've seen that too.

For me, i'm not too fussed. I've got far too many games to get through as it is!

It had better not.

I'm on hype countdown, and the U.K. Doesn't get it till the 24th anyway.

I think it's a shame if true but if they feel that they need a bit more time then they should take it.

Well shit.... seems a bit late to NOT be announcing a delay. The release date is 4 weeks away :/