NEurope
Retro_Link

No Man's Sky

Sean has said at one point they would love to do a VR update/version but they were focusing on the normal edition first.

I've preordered the limited edition but I may end up cancelling it as I havent actually decided if I'm getting the game on PS4 or PC yet.

Ordered the limited edition from Game. Don't normally buy from them but I leave for 8 days in Toronto on the 24th anyway so doesn't matter if it doesn't get delivered on time!

Part of me thought about cancelling my holiday...haha

Some nice info on previously undiscussed game mechanics.

Pre-ordered the collectors edition from Game.

Anyone else considering doing the same the code PREORDER10 gives 10% off.

Thanks for the discount code @Ashley. :) To be honest, I never even knew there was going to be a collector's edition of the game! Just done pre-ordering it, can't wait for this one!

Some nice info on previously undiscussed game mechanics.

I made myself a nice hot cuppa tea and watched this. I've got to admit...my hype levels are now rising again.

Jesus, I just want this game now. It's been torture waiting for this. I just want to have it in my hands and to play the fuck out of it.

It's going to be my summer game. Unless they delay it. In which case, I may actually lose it.

I do remember Sean saying they would only ever announce a release date if they new for sure they could deliver.

That being said, things can go wrong. But I hope they don't!

Very happy to hear about the release date. I'll stop worrying now!

Put down my pre-order and will wait patiently until it comes out (just before my birthday :D )

I'm at a stage now where I don't want to watch any more media on it. I've seen plenty already and looking forward to the early game discovery. If all goes well, I really hope that they get some solid recognition for everything that they have achieved.

Sheffield post-rock band, 65daysofstatic have announced their new double album, Music for an Infinite Universe - which happens to also be the official soundtrack to upcoming PS4 space explorer No Man's Sky.

The album will be released on June 17 and is available to pre-order now. You can listen to a first full track, Supermoon below.

Being a procedurally generated game, No Man's Sky's music will draw from hours of raw music created by the band, and organised by the game's sound engine. Talking to IGN, the band's Joe Shrewsbury described how "5 or 6 minute arrangements [exploded] into 600 million years of non-specific ambient noise."

As a result, the album is made up of 10 original tracks and six soundscapes inspired by what No Man's Sky's algorithms could produce.

Edited by Retro_Link

Mmmmm, non-specific ambient noise.

It's called post rock, phaggot.

I'm excited for the soundtrack to this game. Hope it makes it's way onto Spotify.

I'm thiiiiis fucking close to preordering that limited edition with the art book from GAME. Is there any reason not to? I'm secretly terrified that this game will not deliver.

You could return the game itself and keep the artbook if it don't deliver for you.

You could return the game itself and keep the artbook if it don't deliver for you.

True. Although, I've never actually returned a game and I've only ever traded one in. It would have to be an absolute disaster for that to happen.

Fucks sake, I wish it were June already.

Loving the 65daysofstatic song. The soundtrack is going to be so divine! And I love how even the music is procedurally generated. Personalised soundtrack!

NMS got me into 65daysofstatic. Love their "We Were Exploding Anyway" album, it's got Debutante on it, from the first NMS trailer. :)

Fuuuuuuck! Supermoon is fantastic.

Ah fuck it, I'm just gonna put a preorder in and cry to Jesus if the game doesn't live up.

Was just about to post about it, video here

I still can't get my head around its size, not just the number of planets but the size of planets themselves - when he blew a hole in the surface and found a cave was crazy. It does seem like it might get a little lonely playing it.

Game is preordered. I watched all of that IGN video and now I can't wait.

The hype is back!

Seriously, so fucking excited. I'm going to be an explorer. I'll be the James T. Kirk of the 21st Century.

Not sure whether to watch it or not.. my hype never really dwindled. Does it give much more away?

The hype is back!

Watched that video and my hype is back, too.

It looks so fucking cool. I'll probably spend 10 hours on my first planet :laughing:

I'd really love to preorder but the Limited Edition is still not available in Germany as it seems. :hmm:

Not sure whether to watch it or not.. my hype never really dwindled. Does it give much more away?

Hmm. There are a few things that they've previously talked about that they haven't shown (at least I don't think so) that they do show in here.

If you want to save yourself from anything spoilerific, I'd probably avoid. In fact, that's the last video I'll be watching, aside from maybe a video review. I want to just play it for myself now.

Hmm. There are a few things that they've previously talked about that they haven't shown (at least I don't think so) that they do show in here.

If you want to save yourself from anything spoilerific, I'd probably avoid. In fact, that's the last video I'll be watching, aside from maybe a video review. I want to just play it for myself now.

Cheers. I will try my hardest to steer clear!

Plenty in that new video to get excited about, interaction with NPCs being the main one I'd say. They definitely seem to have added more gameplay mechanics in the past year or so.

The only negative is the pop-in visuals, it looks really really bad, but oh well, apart from that...