NEurope
Retro_Link

No Man's Sky

Not sure if I'll put a pre-order down.

My hype is gone and will most likely not come back. :blank:

That cover art is probably the nicest video game artwork ever.

Art book <3

Doesn't seem to be up on Amazon or Game yet.

*waits*

Whenever I think the price of games has stayed the same since the SNES days and really needs to go up for the health of the industry, limited edition collector's editions, day 1 DLC and season passes remind me that they basically have already.

Ok, that limited edition changed my mind...for this beautiful game I need that art book. :D

So just like @Ashley I'll wait for Amazon to have the LE ready to pre-order.

That cover art is probably the nicest video game artwork ever.
Thats why I'm getting the vinyl :p Large full size artwork, will probably frame it.

Is there anywhere to pre-order the limited edition PS4 edition yet? So getting those vinyls too. :D

Just preordered the standard physical version since you can get better ships by forge an alliance with NPC aliens

Just preordered the standard physical version since you can get better ships by forge an alliance with NPC aliens

Can you elaborate? What do you mean by that and how do you know for sure?

Thats why I'm getting the vinyl :p Large full size artwork, will probably frame it.

If you (or anyone else) wants a high res version of that pic, it's available here at 16500 x 9343 !!

http://www.gamereactor.de/media/76/yournewwallpaper_1487614b.jpg

So, what do you actually do in the game? I'm trying to work it out.

Whenever I think the price of games has stayed the same since the SNES days and really needs to go up for the health of the industry, limited edition collector's editions, day 1 DLC and season passes remind me that they basically have already.

Interesting point. I'm sure I was allowed N64 games when I was a kid for xmas and birthdays due to how "expensive" they were. Weren't they something like £50? My memory is fuzzy. You can now get newly released games for like £30. So games generally probably cost less than they did in the past.

I'm all up for special editions etc. It gives the consumer a choice as to whether they buy the standard or special edition.

Maybe the price has remained the same due to how much people are willing/have the income to pay for entertainment taking into account that the cost of living in general as dramatically increased in the past 20 years or so.

N64 games were like £59.99 weren't they? I remember paying £45 for clay fighters 33 & 1/3 second hand >.>

N64 games were like £59.99 weren't they? I remember paying £45 for clay fighters 33 & 1/3 second hand >.>

Yeah N64 games were at least 60 quid on release. Very expensive games!

Wow. That is total bullshit.

What about Germany? We don't have GAME here...

Wow. That is total bullshit.

What about Germany? We don't have GAME here...

I don't know, find it yourself :heh:

Although just checked Germany.de and not on there. Not aware of any other German stores.

I'll be waiting to see what the game is like before spunking loads of money on special editions.

Can you elaborate? What do you mean by that and how do you know for sure?

The Alpha Vector ship will be obsolete straightaway once you gain better knowledge of the alien races' languages which will unlock better ships, weapons, technology etc.

Yeah N64 games were at least 60 quid on release. Very expensive games!

I remember them somewhat cheaper, perhaps it was just the UK?

If I remember correctly, they were (mostly) between ƒ 129,- and ƒ 149,-, with some exceptions.. Roughly between € 60,- and € 70,-.

And every excuse to break out the old ƒ.

I remember paying £45 for clay fighters 33 & 1/3 second hand >.>

Holy crap. That's one of the most tragic things I have read on this forum.

Needless to say, I am pretty damn excited for this game.

Yeah not all games were 60, some were, stiff like Mortal Kombat 2 and the odd game, but most were 50. Still mental though.

Question: could this game come out 'VR enabled', or would they have to launch a VR edition?

The release date is prime for a VR reveal of No Man's Sky at E3 and then launching a week later... but unless Sony launch VR at retail out of no where, it would need to come to the game later.

I suspect there will be a VR version. Whether that's a separate version or something that comes through an update or what I don't know as the technology side escapes me!