NEurope
Retro_Link

No Man's Sky

Thought that was October 2nd?

Ah ok. The article I read said "this Friday". It's obviously written by one of those people that don't know what "next Friday" means.

So they're on tonight (tomorrow morning for us) - it does make me wonder if they have a release date to give or whether they're showing showcasing the game to the masses.

Still makes me think they're gearing up for a release as the masses are fickle and could forget if this isn't released soon.

Apparently Sean comes on around the 8 minute mark - and the footage is meant to be amazing. I'm not watching it, I've seen enough already.

Still no release date. Maybe at their NY showcase today.

Rumour has it that the release date will be announced on the 27th in Paris and that it will be released on PSN the same day.... Fingers crossed!!

I wonder how long the delay to PC release will be...

They've said for a while they'll be released same day, so, not long I'd imagine!

Rumour has it that the release date will be announced on the 27th in Paris and that it will be released on PSN the same day.... Fingers crossed!!

Just to back up what Esequiel has said...

Could Sony release No Man’s Sky this week? Don’t bet against it.

Backstreet chatter is claiming the Hello Games space exploration title, a hugely anticipated indie release for PS4, could hit the console in the next few days.

Friends of VG247 are claiming PS4 owners could be in for a massive treat tomorrow, saying the game will release on PSN this week.

When asked about No Man Sky’s presence at Paris Games Week, and whether or not we can expect a release date announced, Sony said it did no respond to rumour and speculation.

However, according to Sean Murray:

.@dojo_ninja I heard that rumour that NMS is stealth releasing on Oct 27th. It is false

I don't know what to believe!

They'll be hyping the shit out of this game. They aren't just going to drop it on everyone. *prays*

I look forward to playing this in 2017. :p

Just give us a daaaaaate. Will be pumped if it's tomorrow.

June 2016.

Boooooooo. What's the point in all of that pre-hype if it's not out for almost a year? Day ruined.

Ooof, that's a long time away. I'm sure the game will be better for it but still...

That's too long! They don't need to "keep the hype up" for me, I'll buy it regardless and June probably works out better as it'll be just in time for summer and won't get in the way of uni work!

Well, that was the biggest disappointment of the show for me, can't believe it's got such a massive delay. :( Ah well, at least we have a solid release date now... :heh:

It's not really a delay, it's just everyone frothed about thinking it might get released today. It's basically a small indie game that's been hyped up to AAA game proportions, so it's no wonder they want to work on it for as long as possible.

Well, that was the biggest disappointment of the show for me, can't believe it's got such a massive delay. :( Ah well, at least we have a solid release date now... :heh:

Of the show? Try the whole year. :heh:

They've been showing this off, doing tv interviews, all sorts of shite. You can't do that and then give a release date like that. It's taking the piss. We won't be playing this for 8 months at least, providing it meets that schedule.

Meh. Lost a bit of interest in this already.

Apparently they are adding new features whilst polishing the game at the same time hence the June 2016 rather than late 2015. And those features are their mostly requested from the gamers.

What the actual fuck. Why go doing TV shows and IGN stuff then say "by the way it's not out for another 8 months". Hype levels falling, if it was released this year no problem but June 2016.... I'll try elite dangerous on the X1 and get my fill there.

I don't expect June 2016 to be any more solid than Q4 2015. I can see why Murray was getting so annoyed at people asking him about the release date now. I'm guessing Sony convinced them to completely change the development schedule.

Le sigh