NEurope
Retro_Link

No Man's Sky

It probably will be a Morpheus title down the line but they said they'll work on that after the initial release.

Here's IGN's article from today: http://uk.ign.com/articles/2015/07/07/no-mans-sky-how-to-leave-your-mark-on-the-universe

And tomorrow we get another video!

I'm really hoping they end this month's IGN First with the release date. Sean said they were going to announce it at e3 but didn't at the last minute, I wonder, and hope IGN got an exclusive deal or something.

I'm super confident now of a 2015 release. It just looks so ready from what we saw yesterday. There can't be more to add, surely.

I'm keen to see/hear how the soundtrack works and fits in with the game. Getting 65Daysofstatic in to do the soundtrack for this game is such a clever move!

The soundtrack is also procedurally generated :D

And I hadn't heard of 65days before this game but bloody love 'em now.

The soundtrack is also procedurally generated :D

And I hadn't heard of 65days before this game but bloody love 'em now.

I'm surprised at that, I thought you'd be into post-rock. :D

I love 65days and their music is just perfect for this game.

My hype for this has lessened ever so slightly after watching that gameplay video. I know it looks a bit early to say, but I worry that the game looks a bit....shallow? I'll wait and see and hope that I'm spouting rubbish (rare for me).

My hype for this has lessened ever so slightly after watching that gameplay video. I know it looks a bit early to say, but I worry that the game looks a bit....shallow? I'll wait and see and hope that I'm spouting rubbish (rare for me).

I think the ambition shown and the fact that this is a new kind of experiences on modern consoles should be applauded. Personally I find shooters like Destiny where you play the same levels over and over in the hopes of getting better ramdom loot drops shallow.

Oh I'll applaud the ambition all day long, or as long as my palms can handle, but that doesn't mean the game won't get boring after a few hours if it doesn't have enough depth.

I agree @Ronnie.

Replaying content over and over to progress is silly, in my opinion.

I dont neccesarily find it silly, just not my kind of thing. I think Destiny just takes more flack for it because of the type of game it is, despite the fact that people will do raids over and over again in MMOs all the time.

That being said though, Destiny has a whole other list of problems. I just think that specific one is only because people expect it to be something its not.

I think the gameplay will be a lot deeper than they're currently showing, as they are showing as little as possible so the players can experience and explore the universe themselves. That being said, I was sold when I thought you'd just explore the universe - anything else is a bonus.

I think the gameplay will be a lot deeper than they're currently showing, as they are showing as little as possible so the players can experience and explore the universe themselves. That being said, I was sold when I thought you'd just explore the universe - anything else is a bonus.

Yeah me too. I see this as a game I wont play a lot of in long sittings but will most likely keep coming back to time and time again.

Every time I see this thread had new posts I get excited. Then I don't see a release date and it makes me sad.

Every time I see this thread had new posts I get excited. Then I don't see a release date and it makes me sad.

The rumours and hopes are that IGN will let Sean announce it at the end of the month, as part of their IGN First coverage.

And as I said a few pages back, the longest a game has been released after an IGN First is five months, the least is one!

If they spring it on us for a September release date I think I would actually have a heart attack. The last time I was hyped for a game like this was..... I don't know actually, maybe Resi 2 on the PS1? Hypppppppppppppppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

IGN France teases release date:

On the article about Inspirations, IGN France finish it by :

"No Man's Sky doit débarquer un jour sur PS4 et PC. Mais rassurez-vous, ce n'est pas si loin que ça et nous vous en parlerons très bientôt sur IGN."

"No Man's Sky comes one day on PS4 and PC. But don't worry, it's not so far and we'll talk really soon on IGN."

IGN First - A Tour of Five New Planets

If you've been following the game closely the planets aren't new and they all look similar-ish but IGN can only do so much when they've been given a limited build. HelloGames really want us to discover everything, which is great. :D

^ Looks great

Does anyone know if you need Plus to play this online? I'm liking the idea of naming the planets, species you discover etc and playing into a massive online world but given player interaction will presumably be so rare given the game's massive size, it seems a bummer for people who don't have plus to be left out of this?

(I know Plus is a great deal but I don't play games enough to make it worthwhile these days and online very rarely interests me at all)

I'm really not sure as the multiplayer/online aspect isn't huge. I'm not even sure if you need PS Plus to play any game online. I always have PS Plus and have never known any different.

^ Looks great

Does anyone know if you need Plus to play this online? I'm liking the idea of naming the planets, species you discover etc and playing into a massive online world but given player interaction will presumably be so rare given the game's massive size, it seems a bummer for people who don't have plus to be left out of this?

(I know Plus is a great deal but I don't play games enough to make it worthwhile these days and online very rarely interests me at all)

I reckon you won't need Plus to play with the online elements. You bump into people so infrequently and naming planets you come across them (or impacting solar systems for others) seems quite important within the game.

I also get the impression that they would want to gather stats to make it seem impressive - e.g. to boast about the number of planets visited or named. I'm sure you can play it offline too, but I would think they'd want to encourage online. Just what I think, though.

Edited by Sheikah

You can definitely play offline. You just won't be able to upload name changes and your discoveries for others to see. And yeah the chances of running into someone are so slight it's not really wise to consider it a multiplayer game at all.

I don't know, I'm kind of hoping that a group of us can find our way to each other within the first few months. Upgrade our crafts enough to get to each other. We can all just keep restarting until we are relatively close to each other!

I don't know, I'm kind of hoping that a group of us can find our way to each other within the first few months. Upgrade our crafts enough to get to each other. We can all just keep restarting until we are relatively close to each other!

Thing is though, even if you know what planet they're on or orbiting; space is big, really big and planets are too.

"Oh I'm over by that red mountain!"

Doesn't really help. Sean has said as well, when players are in ships, unless they're flying in an odd manner you won't be able to tell if they're AI or not.

I reckon you won't need Plus to play with the online elements. You bump into people so infrequently and naming planets you come across them (or impacting solar systems for others) seems quite important within the game.

I also get the impression that they would want to gather stats to make it seem impressive - e.g. to boast about the number of planets visited or named. I'm sure you can play it offline too, but I would think they'd want to encourage online. Just what I think, though.

Yeah this is what I'm thinking / hoping.. Depends if Sony are willing to make an exception - The general rule, from their site, is 'You need to be a member of PlayStation®Plus or have a local user account on the subscriber’s Primary PS4™ to play online multiplayer.'. Fingers crossed though - I probably won't be buying it unless I can interact with the online bits.

Every time I see a new post in here, I expect a release date.

Fuck saaaaaaake.

*watches trailer*