NEurope
Happenstance

X-Men: Apocalypse (2016)

X-Men: Apocalypse: Bryan Singer reveals new X-Men movie for 2016

A new X-Men movie, Apocalypse, has been announced for 2016.

Director Bryan Singer hinted at the project in a vague tweet on Thursday (December 5), writing "#Xmen #Apocalypse 2016!", before Exhibitor Relations confirmed that the film will arrive in cinemas on May 27, 2016.

Apocalypse is an apparently immortal being who claims to be the first mutant. His history dates back to ancient Egypt, when he was known as En Sabah Nur, 'The First One'.

The Marvel Comics character lives under the principle of 'survival of the fittest' and works to see the new mutant species claim dominance over its weaker cousin humanity.

He is best known for employing a unit of genetically altered warriors called the Horsemen of Apocalypse, which several X-Men have served on over the years.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a536313/x-men-apocalypse-bryan-singer-reveals-new-x-men-movie-for-2016.html

Apocolypse in a movie?

AdventureTime-FinnHyperventilating_zps5245ce03.gif

i loved him in the cartoon series, his voice was always so cold and menacing, oh god yes

finn3_zpsdbec4a8f.gif

Brian Synger i love you

Bit more info from Bleeding Cool:

This verified info that I’d been receiving but hadn’t quite confirmed as yet. It suggests that all of the attendant info was also correct.

So, as of now, here’s how I believe it stands, based on intel from folk who’d been telling me an Apocalypse film would follow Days.

Days of Future Past will lead directly into Apocalypse. There’s a clear narrative thread that will string the two pictures together, and the character of Apocalypse is a good part of how this will work.

Several cast members of Days of Future Past will be wanted back for Apocalypse, including members of both the “past” and “present” timelines.

I can’t find out who has signed or even who might have entered negotiations, but I do know who is on the shopping list and, in short, it’s everybody. Or, to be more precise, it’s a direct continuation, a next chapter that picks up the status quo at the end of Days and carries on developing it.

This doesn’t mean there won’t be new characters. Several new characters. And that some old favourites will get much smaller roles. Because that’s all expected too.

I believe that the basic plan is a pretty old one, at least in basic terms. I now wonder if the returning Days cast were in fact signed up for multiple pictures. That’s how long ago Singer had this basic idea in mind, in any case.

Which isn’t to say he’ll direct the film. My hunch is that he will, but we’ll see. There’s likely to be an announcement on that before any other element of the production.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/12/06/x-men-apocalypse-to-be-direct-sequel-to-days-of-future-past-with-many-of-the-same-cast/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+BleedingCool+%28Bleeding+Cool+Comic+News+%26+Rumors%29

Apocalypse3.jpg?1437066382

Apocalypse looks like Ivan Ooze from the Power Rangers movie!

ivanoozemmprmovie03.jpg

Edited by Happenstance

He reminds me of Ivan Ooze. :D

EDIT: Didn't see Happenstance had already made that comparison. :)

Edited by Hero-of-Time

Apocalypse3.jpg?1437066382

Apocalypse looks like Ivan Ooze from the Power Rangers movie!

ivanoozemmprmovie03.jpg

Haha that's the first thing I thought of as well!

He looks awful. Didn't they already reveal him in a post-credits scene (was it GOTG?) and he looked much much better than that?

Apocalypse looks awful! Really, really bad!

Dishearteningly so! :(

He looks awful. Didn't they already reveal him in a post-credits scene (was it GOTG?) and he looked much much better than that?

You are thinking of Thanos. X-Men aren't part of that movie universe. We did see him slightly at the end of the last X-Men movie but he didn't look like this.

So since Halle Berry isn't playing Storm, is this going to be set at an earlier point in their lives?

Even though it's a different timeline.

You are thinking of Thanos. X-Men aren't part of that movie universe. We did see him slightly at the end of the last X-Men movie but he didn't look like this.

No I'm definitely thinking of him. He was on a hillside making a pyramid, and there were four horsemen behind him. He looked reasonably normal though.

No I'm definitely thinking of him. He was on a hillside making a pyramid, and there were four horsemen behind him. He looked reasonably normal though.

Ah ok, I figured you meant Thanos when you mentioned GOTG. The one you mentioned is the scene I was talking about at the end of the last X-Men movie.

Yep, those are the last two Marvel films I watched recently, so I got confused.

Purple theme eh?

Psylocke looks awesome, storm looks awesome, Ivan Ooze looks like he's got an egyptian costume on - didn't know he was going to be cameo'ing in the X-men films, does this mean that power rangers is in the same universe now?

He was young back then.

I was wondering how they were going to do his elongated lip design in reality. The image isn't perfect with his head turning, but it looks like they've decided to neglect it completely.

Dude's too old and unintimidating. If he were still alive, Michael Clarke Duncan would've made a fucking awesome Apocalypse.

If he were still alive, Michael Clarke Duncan would've made a fucking awesome Apocalypse.

Perfection!

Yeah, I really hate the look of Apocalypse. But whatever. Hopefully it'll look better in live action. And if not, it's not that big a deal as long as the film is good.

Awwwww, yisssssssss motherfucker. This looks like it's coming along nicely.

Apocalypse still looks like a generic villain. Still, the rest of the film looks awesome!