NEurope
CoolFunkMan

Nelson Mandela has died. :(

One of the truly great figures in human history. May he rest in peace and may peace be upon the nation he worked and suffered for.

Paul Walker AND Mandela?! Jeez.

Apparently Michael Jackson's not doing too well or something either.

95 the man was though eh? Good innings for someone who did so much. Hopefully his legacy will be a testament to his greatness and the things he achieved.

Just had a row with the ex(she's South African) on the phone before the news broke. Hadn't talked to her in 6 months, get off the phone and then the news came through minutes later that he'd died. I let her know.

He was a great man, one of the few like Michael Jackson you remember where you were when it happened. Not a nice way to remember, then it never is. Anyway R.I.P. Nelson. You've left your indelible mark on this planet and the personification of peace.

R.I.P Nelson Mandela

:(

You achieved more in your life than a lot of people will ever contemplate during theirs.

there has been too many deaths this month of famous or otherwise people :(

Mandela was a leader of men, inspiration and great peace maker no matter what his revolutionary past may have been, he is truely someone the world will miss, a selfless leader wanting to better his people

RIP Mandela

How sad that Nelson Mandela has passed on the night of the première of the film celebrating his life. I for one will go and watch this film in his honour when it is released, and I hope many others do too. Who knows what South Africa would be like today without this brilliant man? A much worse place, I would bet.

95 is a great age for a man who has achieved so much and lived through some terrible times. May he be remembered as a true hero who changed the world.

Rest in peace Madiba.

A truely inspirational man, once in a lifetime. His life is something to be celebrated, he bought joy to those who had the fortune to meet him.

R.I.P Nelson Mandella.

He'd been by the doors of death for years, now, so this wasn't surprising. Still, he was a truly great man, someone to look up to, truly the epitome of peace and tolerance.

R.I.P. Nelson Mandela

As child, I never understood the significance of this man every time we saw him on the news. As I grew older, I began to understand that not everybody was as free and liberal as me, and that was a sad moment. He was a man, a great man. A tirelessly great man. He deserves our respect.

Far more moved by his death than I thought I would be. As everyone has said a truly great man and an inspiration to all.

RIP Mr Mandela.

It was outed as a fake.

Even then, why is this news, why is this coming up when a great man has died!

RIP <3.

Not surprising, unfortunately; it was my impression he was growing quite weak in his old age. His rest is certainly well-deserved.

I saw someone post on facebook asking "why do the good die young?" in relation to her finding out the news.....

I saw someone post on facebook asking "why do the good die young?" in relation to her finding out the news.....

Are you sure she wasn't talking about Paul Walker?

Before his death I didn't know very much about him, reading about him has been quite interesting. Truly remarkable.

Are you sure she wasn't talking about Paul Walker?

yep, she hash tagged Nelsons name in the post :heh: