N-Europe

Bravely Second

Andyliini

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I finished the demo of the game and it has now hooked me in. The battle system is excellent as @Glen\-i and the reviews have mentioned although I think I am still doing it wrong (*).

But I maxed out the levels of my characters and all of the classes that looked interesting. Bring on the main game.

(* I can't say I noticed a boss attack pattern as such and got a bit addicted to using 4 brave points in one turn and then having three turns in the negative.)

Also thank goodness for Halfsies - a skill that should be in every RPG. It takes an item and splits it across the whole party - even a Phoenix Down. Saved me quite a few times....

You are probably right in that, but don't hold it against this. I am just hoping that we get a release date for Fates before the summer.

I was only (partly) joking.

Get the release date before the summer or get the game before then? Better be for both. I'm hoping we'll get Fates in April... Surely. With the two Dragon Quests coming and such they better space out these huge games.

I was only (partly) joking.

Get the release date before the summer or get the game before then? Better be for both. I'm hoping we'll get Fates in April... Surely. With the two Dragon Quests coming and such they better space out these huge games.

If Nintendo is publishing them then anything can happen. They have no issue releasing big games on the same day or one after another, even if it means there's a drought for a long period of time...

If Nintendo is publishing them then anything can happen. They have no issue releasing big games on the same day or one after another, even if it means there's a drought for a long period of time...

True... But I keep telling myself that Nintendo are going to start making sense all the time from now on!

Ha! I'm telling you, can feel it. They're going to smash it this year!

Either that or I'll be weeping on the toadstool tea cups ride when they bow out of making games....

To be fair, the 3DS has had a great start to the year. It's been JRPG after JRPG. I haven't been able to keep up. Shocking, I know.

To be fair, the 3DS has had a great start to the year. It's been JRPG after JRPG. I haven't been able to keep up. Shocking, I know.

I'm sure it won't be long before you're game-starved again. Luckily I'm not a huge RPG fan. But I think I'll give Dragon Quest 8 a chance.

I downloaded the demo last night and had a quick blast of it this morning.

Is Magnolia supposed to be French or something? She speaks a few words with an accent and then it switches back to normal. Really weird.

As soon as I got her in my party I headed straight out of town, turn the battles slider right up to 100%, slapped on automatic battle and then just ran around grinding while I watched Sky Sports News. :)

Brought my 3DS with me to work and I have the game working on rebuilding Magnoilas home town, while the 3DS is tucked in my desk. :D

I managed to get my team up to level 4 and my Fencer skills up to level 3 this morning. I'll do a bit more grinding in my lunch break and then move the story on when I get home.

I see the level cap is 20 and the jobs get maxed out at 4. Should be easy enough to get all of that done before the main game arrives. Hopefully I will nab all of the bonuses that get carried over.

Wow that is impressive. I missed all of that about Magnolia's home town - is that the moon thingy? Did not really understand that. I also did not bother with the AR thingy because it was not convenient at the time.

Magnolia's French thing is a bit odd. Someone in a review said that most of the time she is repeating what she just said in English, making the character seem somewhat deranged. :)

I maxed out all of the levels of all the characters and all of the job classes that looked interesting. How can you tell what bonuses will get carried over?

Did you try the extra experience mechanic? Not sure if that was in the first game but I love that - trying to most efficiently beat all of the enemies in 1 turn. I got a max of 3.0 at the highest point I think.

Wow that is impressive. I missed all of that about Magnolia's home town - is that the moon thingy? Did not really understand that. I also did not bother with the AR thingy because it was not convenient at the time.

Magnolia's French thing is a bit odd. Someone in a review said that most of the time she is repeating what she just said in English, making the character seem somewhat deranged. :)

I maxed out all of the levels of all the characters and all of the job classes that looked interesting. How can you tell what bonuses will get carried over?

Did you try the extra experience mechanic? Not sure if that was in the first game but I love that - trying to most efficiently beat all of the enemies in 1 turn. I got a max of 3.0 at the highest point I think.

Yeah, the Moon stuff is great. It was in the first game, as well. It's pretty easy to do. All you need is to select an icon on the map and assign someone to work on it. You then get a timer showing how long it will take for the task to be completed. The more people you assign, the quicker it will be completed. You got some pretty amazing items from the shops that were built by doing this in the first game.

Here's the bonuses you can get from the demo.

Complete the following Play Bonus feat from demo to transfer over to the full game. 20 villagers from demo also will be transfer over to the full game as well.

Unlockable How to Unlock

• Ambitious Cavalier Set = Defeated Gargantua at Wind Temple
  • Cavalier's First Mission Set = Defeated Hawkeye Asterisk
  • Cavalier-In-Training Set = Start playing the Demo
  • Full-Fledged Cavalier Set = Defeated Ba'al V ; Urchin
  • Learned Cavalier Set = Completed every kind of monsters in Bestiary
  • Legendary Cavalier Set Defeated = Ba'al V ; Urchin at Hard Difficulty
  • Seasoned Cavalier Set = Completed both Pharm-Lab and Munitions Factory to Lv5
  • Veteran Cavalier Set =All characters base level reach lv20 and all job levels reach Lv4

I did have an exp bonus when I was fighting but I wasn't trying to achieve it. I wasn't even looking at my screen a lot of the time due to the amazing auto battle system. :D

Never could figure out what those set rewards were, while I was playing it. Its a shame you can't keep your levels/weapons/jobs onto the main game, but I suppose that would ruin the curve a bit.

Is that real time for the moon stuff? Does it work when in streetpass mode?

Is that real time for the moon stuff? Does it work when in streetpass mode?

Yes to both. Mine is now currently sitting in the car in Streetpass mode, leveling up some of the buildings. :D

I managed to get to level 6 and fully level up my Freelancer job set while on my lunch break. When I saved the game a message popped up telling me about battle speeds. I totally forgot you can speed the thing up! This should make my level grinding even faster/easier.

So I finished the demo of the game and it has now hooked me in. The battle system is excellent as @Glen\-i and the reviews have mentioned although I think I am still doing it wrong (*).

But I maxed out the levels of my characters and all of the classes that looked interesting. Bring on the main game.

(* I can't say I noticed a boss attack pattern as such and got a bit addicted to using 4 brave points in one turn and then having three turns in the negative.)

Also thank goodness for Halfsies - a skill that should be in every RPG. It takes an item and splits it across the whole party - even a Phoenix Down. Saved me quite a few times....

Far safer to default until you reach +3 BP and then go ham.

Going Negative should only be used in case of emergencies.

The great thing about Bravely Default and Second is experimenting with what combinations of jobs can do along with the skills you use. It's fun trying to figure out what works.

I finished the demo last night. Brilliant introduction to the game and I spent just under 7 hours on the thing. I managed to max out all the jobs and each of the characters levels. There's still a few loose ends I need to sort out though. I need to beat the boss on hard difficulty and i've got a couple of beasts that need their entries maxed out in the book.

Another thing I need to do is max out the settlements on the moon. I managed to get one of them done but the second is proving to be a pain. With only one guy in the village doing any work, I decided to drive to McDonalds this morning before work and try and get some StreetPass hits.

I have no idea how this works because I manged to get 9 hits but only 1 ended up in my game. I checked what they had been playing last and none of them had played this, so I have no idea why I didn't get all of them. Maybe they have to have had played the demo?

I was happy with getting at least 1 from the hotspot, though. This has speeded up the building process nicely and hopefully will allow me to finish off the buildings today.

Speaking of StreetPass, I was looking through the people I had passed when I was playing Tomodachi Life earlier this year and I noticed this fella.

IMG_2587_zpsbzn23lfb.jpg

Is this you, @Dcubed? I was meant to tell you about this when I first found it but completely forgot. I've no idea how we ended up passing each other, if it is indeed you. Your Mii must have somehow made it up North East via the relays. :D

Speaking of StreetPass, I was looking through the people I had passed when I was playing Tomodachi Life earlier this year and I noticed this fella.

IMG_2587_zpsbzn23lfb.jpg

Is this you, @Dcubed? I was meant to tell you about this when I first found it but completely forgot. I've no idea how we ended up passing each other, if it is indeed you. Your Mii must have somehow made it up North East via the relays. :D

Small world eh? That is indeed me! (Mii?)

Had a quick look around, but I couldn't find you sadly, so it probably was a relay... BUT...

0AE44145-79F6-454A-B23B-D05C47095CB7_zps2vxwpkaz.jpg

I did find Agent Gibbs' Mii :D

Shipped! From the games collection. Really looking forward to this now.

I need to beat the boss on hard difficulty and i've got a couple of beasts that need their entries maxed out in the book.

I has hoped there might be some more to this when you maxed an enemy in the book - like you could see their typical HP or something. Just seems to be a collection of anecdotes.

Edited by peterl0