NEurope
Fierce_LiNk

Mince Pies

I'm surprised at the amount of us who dislike mince pies. It seems like half and half in this thread. I always thought the majority of people liked them. Maybe it is a generational thing?

I don't think our userbase spans that many generations.

I don't think our userbase spans that many generations.

I meant in terms of the general population. Almost everyone I know of my parents generation loves them. Whereas from this thread, people of our generation are more indifferent. Is it because they perhaps grew up with more dried fruit etc.????

I meant in terms of the general population. Almost everyone I know of my parents generation loves them. Whereas from this thread, people of our generation are more indifferent. Is it because they perhaps grew up with more dried fruit etc.????

Oh right. In that case I'd probably agree with you, older folks do seem to prefer them.

Maybe it's because it was more of a tradition then, everyone (read:the women and girls) baking them fresh. it was probably one of the few treats we have. Whereas now we can easily buy a much wider variety of treats and desserts, many of which have American influences.

Fuck mince pies man. Fuck them.

I wouldn't fuck a mince pie, but whatever floats your boat. :heh:

Joking aside, Mince Pies are great, I eat tons of them at this time of year. I've already had at least 6 in the past couple of weeks. I'm addicted to the bloody things. That said, I have to admit, the Mr Kipling Mince Pies are rubbish this year, really poor quality. Aldi's ones are actually pretty nice though! I'm too lazy to make my own.

Hot homemade mince pies are delicious. Hope my family makes some when I'm back, for I cannay be arsed making some myself.

This is my favourite thing about Christmas and going home.

Hngggggggggggggg.

I frakking love home-made mince pies... :heart:

...but it makes you realise just how awful the majority of shop-bought, mass-produced ones are. :heh:

Mince pies are a bit like

marmite.jpg?w=520&h=300

You either love them or hate them.

But mince pies make me

puke.gif

Thus far, I have had only one mini mince pie this Christmas, but it was good, and more will follow. They're best heated up with some brandy cream.

Agreed and Winnning

Update: Had one at work Christmas dinner. I don't like currants and raisins. Not for me.

Fuck mince pies man. Fuck them.

Tha's your answer to everything... Mrs ReZ is horny: fuck her. Those kids need a lesson: fuck 'em Those socks were once worn by Famke Jannsen: Fuck 'em. Sainsbury's is out of milk: fuck 'em.

Next thing we know "Local Lego enthusiast Arrested for Making Sweet, Sweet Love to Supermarket."

Oh right. In that case I'd probably agree with you, older folks do seem to prefer them.

Maybe it's because it was more of a tradition then, everyone (read:the women and girls) baking them fresh. it was probably one of the few treats we have. Whereas now we can easily buy a much wider variety of treats and desserts, many of which have American influences.

Yep, only ever the women in my family who make them. The men are left to important tasks such as bringing in logs for the fire and making brandy butter on Christmas Day.

Going to get my next box of Mince Pies today, in the house only me and my Dad like them. Mum's got an allergy to currents, so more for us. Stupid thing is, i said to my Dad help yourself. And he leaves a note saying "Hope it was ok if i could have one". Certainly doesn't listen to advice does he?