NEurope
Fierce_LiNk

Mince Pies

Dat feel when it's Christmas and you have an excuse to eat your own bodyweight in mince pies.

I've had about 6 so far, from Mr. Kipling. Looooovely. Somebody told me today that they're already on 30, but they started early in November!

Thus far, I have had only one mini mince pie this Christmas, but it was good, and more will follow. They're best heated up with some brandy cream.

My parents insist on getting puff pastry rather than shortcrust pastry mince pies. I think they might be heathens.

I had two of those small mince pies you buy in Sainsbury's... I don't actually like them. =X

I like the pie itself, but I don't like the filling. Are there different types out there or is a mince pie just that one particular one with that type of filling?

I love Mince Pies

Had one so far last Friday whilst I was at work.

I had a mince pie 15 years ago.

It was awful.

Oh this, very, very much this. The smell is like someone who bathes in raw pork meat. Urgh.

Still, props to those who can and do eat them - it means that I don't have to.

I've had more mince pies this year than the last few combined.. mainly because I forgot how awesome they were when you warmed them up and served them with cream drizzled all over :yay:

Mince pies are puke uppercut! Christmas cake and pudding are worse. Vile! Vile I tell you! Ye need help.

But the most disgusting dessert of all time is Sherry trifle with sponge. I've a strong stomach and can eat almost anything but the smell of that alone makes me nauseous. I still remember it as a child, bad memories. The thing is all the ingredients on their own are lovely except for Sherry but when their powers combine they become the most putrid concoction on this good Earth.

I had two of those small mince pies you buy in Sainsbury's... I don't actually like them. =X

I like the pie itself, but I don't like the filling. Are there different types out there or is a mince pie just that one particular one with that type of filling?

Have one from a bakers (or dust off your apron and bake a few yourself). You can't really judge them based on supermarket ones.

I'm not actually a fan myself, but even I can taste a huge difference between freshly baked ones and shop bought.

As for the filling, they're all the same type, but some bakers will have their own recipe with a few extra ingredients and stuff.

Sad to report I've yet to indulge in a Mince Pie, that said we've yet to buy any Christmas chocolates or biscuits yet.

Friggin love this time of the year.. December 1st to 2nd January is a free pass to eat as much food and drink as much booze as you wish. Such a good month and time of the year.

Next week is my last week at work till January 2nd. FUCK YES!

I can remember when I was told that mince pies weren't actually made from mince meat, it still didn't change my opinion on them!

A year ago I found out they're made from suet (fat on the kidneys of cows) bluergh, bluergh, bluergh.

Now this on the other hand is delicious:

PercyPigsAdvCalender.jpg

Hot homemade mince pies are delicious. Hope my family makes some when I'm back, for I cannay be arsed making some myself.

I used to eat them when I was a kid, but over time I realised...I didn't actually like them all that much. Bit sickly sweet for me, much prefer Apple pies(though those are pretty sweet too). Tbh I don't think I've had a mince pie in the last 10 years if not more!

Mince pies are awesome, but alas this year i've only been given an iced mince pie and it was aweful it made the pastry soggy

how can anyone not like a mixed fruit pie?

Actually if ReZ could keep his fruit out of all food, that would be great.

Edit: Damnit wrong person. Nevermind, the sentiment is the same.

I had a mince pie 15 years ago.

It was awful.

I'm in this camp. However, this Christmas, I'm going to give the Mince Pie a second go at things.

I'm surprised at the amount of us who dislike mince pies. It seems like half and half in this thread. I always thought the majority of people liked them. Maybe it is a generational thing?