NEurope
Goafer

Post your Christmas goodness

FatherCReZmas.jpg

Now it's December and everyone is presumably getting festive/opening advent calendars/planning or buying presents/recovering from Black Friday knife wounds (if you're American), I figured we could bundle it all into a concentrated thread of pure, unfiltered Chirstmageddon.

Today we decorated the traditional Christmas Frank. "What are you wearing that fabulous Christmas suit?" indeed:

1463986_10202512763970675_1868496933_n.jpg

Also started opening our advent calendars. Maddie made me one (the tree) and I wrapped 25 little presents, numbered them and put them in the stocking. The other one is Maddie's from her parents:

67988_10202512790291333_1727371467_n.jpg

Edited by Goafer

I've spent my whole day doing a work task that had to be completed for tomorrow.

Basically we have a christmas campaign every year in the office with festive quizzes, games and the like during December.

There's prizes for like most Christmassy team area in the office, best designed Christmas card (which I won last year :heh: ) - things like that! All good fun!

Anyway my team leader knows I like to get creative at times like these, so asked if I would turn one of the massive posters that line the office walls into an advent calendar!

Normally they're printed by a separate department but this year there's no budget so we're doing it all the cheap way!

I had to stick 4 A2 sheets together to get the size of the poster and my brief was 'Christmassy, with room to stick 15 small envelopes on'. A girl I sit with is doing the other one for the other 15 days!

So this is what I did today!!

8AB982A5-2942-4D29-838A-E5A48B6660D7_zpsyoroksrm.jpg

And it got me right in the festive spirit! I'm also covered in glitter which always goes a long way to making me feel Christmassy! The envelopes will go below santa in 3 rows in the sky!

This is all the Christmas goodness I have right now - but there will definitely be more as we get closer to the big day! I love Christmas! :D

Here's my tree! They always look worse in photos than in real life.

lE7Twrd.jpg

Each year we buy a new ornament. This year mine was a little drum (just east-north-east of the white dove).

Not got any decorations up yet as waiting till after my sons birthday party on Saturday. But the annual Xmas Greetings Collab vid I take part in with some Youtube Friends has just been uploaded. You'll see my greeting round 2:03 and if you wait till the end there's a special guest cameo :wink:

I've finally done most of my Christmas shopping!

Pok%C3%A9mon_Christmas_Bash.jpg

852810_T-Shirt.jpg

Those two are my favourite purchases. My mom was awkward as always and asked for some weird Mexican Christmas CD that she used to listen to when she was little :p All I could find was a vinyl or MP3 versions so I've burnt it onto a blank CD and made a Christmas themed case for it! I hope she likes the effort I went to for this utterly terrible album ahaha

tijuana-voices-sing-merry-christmas-front.jpg

I made a tree out of some of the many empty bottles we had lying around the house...

1521720_10152079054753164_1956265809_n.jpg

Unfortunately I didn't have neough green ones so had to use a couple of clear bottles on the second row but despite that I'm very pleased with how it turned out :heh:

Our family doesn't really celebrate Christmas, so no decorations.

I've done all the shopping, which was easy. My sister and me won't give presents to each other, as usual. My mom will get a ticket to see a comedian :)

I bought the following for me in order to give the year 2013 - which has been a crazy year - a classy farewell:

20131221_180906.jpg

One of these plus a glass of The Glenlivet...it's going to be a really nice New Year's Eve.