NEurope
flameboy

PlayStation 4/Xbox One - What are you getting?

What you buying this time round?!  

52 members have voted

1. 1. What you buying this time round?!

• Ps4
    • Xbox One
    • Both
    • Neither happy with current gen/Wii U at the moment.

So this is it guys the battle lines are about to be drawn, alliances formed and rivalries renewed.

What console are you buying?

I have to admit I am slightly torn....the PS4 is clearly all about games but the games perhaps aren't quite there yet. The Xbox One has all it's multimedia/tv/entertainment solutions that may suit sharing a tv setup with the missus. However I recently found out they haven't even started negotiations with cable providers for the deeper One Guide integration so now I'm kind of put off plus it doesn't have my beloved Sony franchises (but hell I let go of Nintendo long ago).

Also play what your friends are playing...more people play Xbox here and meeting up online with people off here is increasingly hard because of the time difference. Basically each platform holder has that once chance to sway people to switch for their main console and the tv stuff not being all it's cracked up to be plus games looking worse seems Microsoft have dropped the ball this time round.

So simple poll: Xbox One, PS4, Both, Neither currently happy with current gen/Wii U

Edited by flameboy

I got a Wii U recently when the price dropped. I'll be picking up the odd Nintendo title here and there as well as Xenoblade (or whatever it turns out to be)

As for which out of the 2 big consoles releasing, without doubt it'll be PS4 for me, just not yet. I'll wait until the games get released. A console that is significantly cheaper, higher spec, has typically much more interesting exclusives, Plus, a lot of Japanese games and great Indie support makes it a no brainer really.

I'll be picking up a PS4 in March to get inFamous. The launch games don't interest me that much, and I saw a Wii U with Wind Waker for £200 so I snapped that up instead.

No surprises here - PS4 day one for me - this generation is the first time I've not bought a Nintendo console since the SNES, and I'm not missing it at all.

It won't be for a good while as I have an absolute tone of PS+ games to get through on my PS3 and even more that I'd like to try, but when I eventually get a console it will be a PS4.

May get a Wii U at some point before that too for the like of Mario Kart and DK.

I went from wanting both to not wanting either. The games just aren't there for me at the moment but once the likes of Titanfall and Infamous arrive then I will look to buy them.

The poll is a bit hard for me to answer as I'm in a bit of a special situation.

Buying a PS4 to sell for reasons which are a long tale. However in reality I'd probably say none, not even Wii U (anymore) as I'm no longer in the mood to get shafted as an early adopter anymore. Would I rather wait 9-12 month and buy a console with a better initial bundle, where the kinks in the services have been worked out, where the release games have dropped in price by 75% already and there is a decent catalogue of games? Yes, yes I would. Save cash and get more? Winner.

However there is another factor: I have a good PC now. This has massively put me off wanting a new console. It slams the Wii U almost across the board and the multiplatform titles for the PS4/XBone will be on it as well (probably still looking better!) And yes, talking about exclusives like Titanfall, Octodad and probably The Witness. It may have cost me more but I use it for many other things and Steam/Humble Bundle have saved me a shit ton of money already.

The poll is a bit hard for me to answer as I'm in a bit of a special situation.

Buying a PS4 to sell for reasons which are a long tale. However in reality I'd probably say none, not even Wii U (anymore) as I'm no longer in the mood to get shafted as an early adopter anymore. Would I rather wait 9-12 month and buy a console with a better initial bundle, where the kinks in the services have been worked out, where the release games have dropped in price by 75% already and there is a decent catalogue of games? Yes, yes I would. Save cash and get more? Winner.

However there is another factor: I have a good PC now. This has massively put me off wanting a new console. It slams the Wii U almost across the board and the multiplatform titles for the PS4/XBone will be on it as well (probably still looking better!) And yes, talking about exclusives like Titanfall, Octodad and probably The Witness. It may have cost me more but I use it for many other things and Steam/Humble Bundle have saved me a shit ton of money already.

This point is very true...I mean look at this announcement Eurogamer just posted:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-11-21-nintendos-299-wii-u-bundle-includes-super-mario-3d-world

Nintendo UK has announced a new Mario-themed Wii U bundle for sale on 29th November via its online store.

Named the Mario Mega Bundle, it includes a Premium Wii U console, New Super Mario Bros. U, its expandalone DLC New Super Luigi U and the highly-praised upcoming Super Mario 3D World.

Nintendo is also throwing in a Mario hat and a special Mario-themed Wii Remote, and charging £299 for the lot.

A quick reminder - this is how much the Wii U Premium console cost by itself in the UK at its launch less than a year ago.

Microsoft's Xbox One launches tonight for £425 with FIFA 14 included in all Day One Editions. PlayStation 4 launches on 29th November for £349.

I don't know about elsewhere but here every launch title for the Wii U can be bought for just $19.99 new now!

I did have a ps4 pre-ordered ready for launch but I decided to cancel it. It's just too much money at the moment. I'm still planning on getting one but it'll be after Christmas and hopefully I'll be able to hold out until a price drop!

I don't know about elsewhere but here every launch title for the Wii U can be bought for just $19.99 new now!

Forgot you were in Canadia :p

Yeah it's pretty much the same. Stores are having trouble shifting stock for some reason.

Neither for the moment. Happy gaming on Wii U and the recently bought PS3 Tales of... series :heart::heart:

When the time comes I'll definitely be going PS4 over Xbox this time.

PS4. There are enough games out at the moment that I want to play, I know more will be coming and ive got PC gaming and a PS3 backlog to get through that will keep me going otherwise.

Right this minute i'm better off with my WiiU and my Gaming Laptop.

As it stand all multiplats i can run on ultra on my pc with no issue, and the WiiU provides the remaining console gaming needs and awesome first party titles.

Other than those the next best exclusives are for the PS3

that said sometime after March i'll pick up a PS4 once theres a reasonable number of exclusives avalaible, the PS4 for me just offers everything i need.

Maybe i'll consider an xbone after 2015 if its A dropped massively in price and B gotten some decent exclusives right now Quantum Leap is the only game that's exclusive and interesting to me, the hmdi in features are superfluous to my needs and the whole lack of power to cost ratio right now just makes it not good value for money

Wow I'm super impressed with the sheer amount of votes the XBone is getting!

Oh Wait!...........................................

tumbleweed-gif-gif.6755

So purely anecdotal evidence but apparently around here there are more queues than there were this time last week for PS4...I had a text off someone indicating that and a few pics on twitter.

PS4 eventually but not for at least a year or so. Tons of old gen goodness to wade through on the cheap.

I may get an Xbone when Halo comes out, but i'm not buying one at launch price, no siree!

My decision was made in June at E3, i'm getting a PS4 at launch, to go along with my WiiU i picked up earlier this year.

When Microsoft revealed the new Xbox, i certainly didn't fancy the then restrictions and DRM of the console. I like to be able to trade games to friends and trade them in for money off, and that is what the PS4 delivered to me at E3. Microsoft could have stuck to their guns, but backtracked too much for my liking. And the price is something that is wayyy too high even for me.

This will be my first console launch, i've usually waited a year or so before getting a console.

I'll be waiting for more games to appear before I consider picking any of them up. I'm more inclined to go for a PS4 out of all of them though if I had to make a choice, though the Wii U is getting slightly more competitive with the bundles.

Great thread title :p

I'm 90% likely to get a PS4, but not for a long time.

I know if anyone could change it that would be great....save me from looking like a child who has been let loose on a forum....

My decision was made in June at E3, i'm getting a PS4 at launch, to go along with my WiiU i picked up earlier this year.

When Microsoft revealed the new Xbox, i certainly didn't fancy the then restrictions and DRM of the console. I like to be able to trade games to friends and trade them in for money off, and that is what the PS4 delivered to me at E3. Microsoft could have stuck to their guns, but backtracked too much for my liking. And the price is something that is wayyy too high even for me.

This will be my first console launch, i've usually waited a year or so before getting a console.

It's interesting despite all the backtracking how much of stuff has stuck in people's minds and they still believe it to be the case.

I'll buy a Wii U in the new year (possibly the Mario-bundle as that's every game I want for it right now) and hold off getting one of the other next-gen consoles until more games have been announced and there are less problems with them. Also, I have enough games to keep me distracted until next year.

PS4 been pre ordered since Microsoft's clusterfuck of an announcement.

Plus it's cheaper and I like the idea of PlayStation plus. So there.

I don't have plans to buy any new console in the near future, this time I'll wait patiently at least one year for the inevitable hardware revisions, bigger hard drives and game bundles. But my choice is PS4, there simply is no reason to buy an Xbox here in Finland (it's not even going to be released here for months!).