NEurope
Ike

The Super Mario 3D World thread

It just arrived. Just put it in an the EAD magic already exists. Beautiful...just...beautiful

Just realised why @Ashley said the camera only moved in 15 degree increments. He didn't have it on Free Camera mode. Just turned that on...

So you put Free Camera mode on, and the right analog stick allows for 360 degree camera movement like in Wind Waker?

So you put Free Camera mode on, and the right analog stick allows for 360 degree camera movement like in Wind Waker?

Pretty much, yeah. Or you could rotate the GamePad for the same effect. It all depends on the situation though. Some bits won't let you go round all the way.

Just thought I'd check the eShop to see if I might be tempted to go digital on this one.... 60euro :o:o

Meh I'll check GameStop the week before Xmas and see about it then

Woohoo! 4 shiny stars on my profile now and just the one to go. It's gonna take some time doing that though and will probably just pick at it here and there.

Absolutely quality game and although it's a little easy ( post game levels more than make up for this ) it was a joy to play from start to finish.

There are some quality tracks throughout the game and like Link Between Worlds it was some great remixes of classic Mario music.

Visually the game is stunning and I posted a screen on Miiverse of a level set in a forest and the lighting was simply amazing.

It's a shame the Wii U install base is so low as so many people are gonna miss out on playing this gem. Their loss I suppose.

Woohoo! 4 shiny stars on my profile now.

getting the game tromorrow, are there any rules to get the shiny stars? like not to die a certain number of times in a row ? for the help block ect ?

It looks like i'm in the minority here, but... I'm not getting why this game rated so quite so highly. I certainly don't consider it bad or even average but i'm not really seeing all this creativity and magic people are discussing - it feels rather pedestrian (so far, after completing World 1). Another suit, same style levels... tinkering with the formula.

When it comes to Mario I've certainly been feeling franchise fatigue over the past couple of years, so maybe getting wound up in the excitement of launch was a mistake (i'd been saying 'i'll pick it up sometime' but ended up buying it late last night)

I'm finding it enjoyable but I can't enthuse about this one at all; it sits there - for me with the NSMB series; second tier Mario.

getting the game tromorrow, are there any rules to get the shiny stars? like not to die a certain number of times in a row ? for the help block ect ?

Yeah, same as usual. Don't due too many times otherwise the help block will appear.

Yeah, same as usual. Don't due too many times otherwise the help block will appear.

Unfortunately, while playing with my brother, it appeared because he died a ridiculous amount of times. Ah well

It looks like i'm in the minority here, but... I'm not getting why this game rated so quite so highly. I certainly don't consider it bad or even average but i'm not really seeing all this creativity and magic people are discussing - it feels rather pedestrian (so far, after completing World 1). Another suit, same style levels... tinkering with the formula.

When it comes to Mario I've certainly been feeling franchise fatigue over the past couple of years, so maybe getting wound up in the excitement of launch was a mistake (i'd been saying 'i'll pick it up sometime' but ended up buying it late last night)

I'm finding it enjoyable but I can't enthuse about this one at all; it sits there - for me with the NSMB series; second tier Mario.

Think of Worlds 1 and 2 as a tutorial. As World 3 continues, and goes on through the rest of the game, the levels get so imaginative and so awesome.

Edited by Serebii
Automerged Doublepost

Unfortunately, while playing with my brother, it appeared because he died a ridiculous amount of times. Ah well

Think of Worlds 1 and 2 as a tutorial. As World 3 continues, and goes in, the levels get so imaginative and so awesome.

I think you may be alright as long as you didn't use it.

Totally agree about the worlds. The game just eases you in before unleashing the goodness. :)

Loving the extra lives mini-game:

It's possible to get 4 in a row without fail by hitting the boxes in time to the music!

:hehe:

zemz.jpg

Just thought I'd check the eShop to see if I might be tempted to go digital on this one.... 60euro :o:o

Meh I'll check GameStop the week before Xmas and see about it then

Yeah Mokong, you've gotta get it! It's the law. You own a Wii U, therefore you must buy this game! :grin:

Also, Plesioth from Monster Hunter is in it!*

*Sort of. :heh:

vu5u.jpg

0gf9.jpg

:laughing:

Also, I want to see your Mii running around on my game. :D

Speaking of which, just got @Mike's Mii on a level:

z3if.jpg

His username was yellow instead of white, not sure if that's to do with having accomplished something specific in the game, or if it's just because he's on my friend list.

Woohoo! 4 shiny stars on my profile now and just the one to go. It's gonna take some time doing that though and will probably just pick at it here and there.

Absolutely quality game and although it's a little easy ( post game levels more than make up for this ) it was a joy to play from start to finish.

There are some quality tracks throughout the game and like Link Between Worlds it was some great remixes of classic Mario music.

Visually the game is stunning and I posted a screen on Miiverse of a level set in a forest and the lighting was simply amazing.

It's a shame the Wii U install base is so low as so many people are gonna miss out on playing this gem. Their loss I suppose.

WHAT!!? 4 stars already WTF!! :indeed:

@Hero\-of\-Time in extensive game-time shocker!

Dude, the rate you go through games is so impressive!

Beat the game! That credits music is some the finest I've ever heard. :love:

And holy fooking sheeeeeeet @ the complete and utter insanity of the post-game content! :o :o :o :o

Was not expecting stuff like this:

5kc9.jpg

s34o.jpg

:heh:

W...T...F?! :laughing:

Crazy Nintendo = best Nintendo. :bowdown:

Beat the game! That credits music is some the finest I've ever heard. :love:

And holy fooking sheeeeeeet @ the complete and utter insanity of the post-game content! :o :o :o :o

Was not expecting stuff like this:

5kc9.jpg

s34o.jpg

:heh:

W...T...F?! :laughing:

Crazy Nintendo = best Nintendo. :bowdown:

Yup, that Zelda Easter egg you posted had me smiling from ear to ear when I reached it, especially when the dance mix version of the zelda theme kicked in

Meant to be going out tonight, but keep doing the "Oh just one more level" thing.

While at first I felt the controls were sluggish and not right, I now love this game

Meant to be going out tonight, but keep doing the "Oh just one more level" thing.

While at first I felt the controls were sluggish and not right, I now love this game

I took a break and started Batman Arkham Origins, 30 mins later I'm back on this doing another run through with a different character. :)

Loving the extra lives mini-game:

It's possible to get 4 in a row without fail by hitting the boxes in time to the music!

:hehe:

zemz.jpg

Yeah Mokong, you've gotta get it! It's the law. You own a Wii U, therefore you must buy this game! :grin:

Also, Plesioth from Monster Hunter is in it!*

*Sort of. :heh:

vu5u.jpg

0gf9.jpg

:laughing:

Also, I want to see your Mii running around on my game. :D

Speaking of which, just got @Mike's Mii on a level:

z3if.jpg

His username was yellow instead of white, not sure if that's to do with having accomplished something specific in the game, or if it's just because he's on my friend list.

Lol, that's not a Plesi :heh:

Didn't know bout the Mii thing, that's pretty cool... though by the time I get the game you'll prolly be moved onto something else :heh:

We'll see how the next few weeks go if I can put away a few to save up for it, bought Xmas gifts this week so pretty skint (good thing Zelda was last week, phew)

I'd just like to further express how high my RAGE levels are that this didn't arrive today. :weep:

I'm currently sat watching Eastenders drowning my sorrows with a cup of tea whilst everyone else is having Mario style fun. :shakehead

Cry.

Glad to see how much you lot are enjoying it though! : peace: