NEurope
Ike

The Super Mario 3D World thread

You can pick any player and switch at the start of a stage. I've been rocking Toad from the start, only switching to get a couple of stamps as there are a few character specific switches kicking about.

I'm quite likely to play through the game 5 times because of this...

Does the game at least keep track of which character you have completed each level with? 3D Land did...

I'm quite likely to play through the game 5 times because of this...

You need to if you want....

to get a 5 star file

You need to if you want....
to get a 5 star file

Challenge Accepted.

If the postman doesn't come with this today, he will make my enemy list.

Mine didn't arrive. Pre-ordered from GAME to get the cat Mario sleeve.

Game screwing you over again it seems.

it makes no difference whether you do it in one big sitting, or space it out over time. The experience is exactly the same.

It's not exactly the same at all, the content is the same, the experience is very different. It creates less of an impression because you don't let the experience of levels sink in. Half of the content is forgotten because it's soon replaced by the next 30 levels. At least it doesn't seem to be about gloating that you've 100%'d it as quick as humanly possible.

Edited by Ronnie

This is all personal preference. I like to take my time playing through games, while others, like my brother play huge chunks in one sitting when they get the chance.

We both complete the game and we both enjoyed it and years later we can both talk about the entire process and what we like/disliked, hardest parts what the devs could've done differently etc and the thing is we've done this many times over the years. Our playing styles haven't changed but neither of us have forgotten the game.

It's not exactly the same at all, the content is the same, the experience is very different. It creates less of an impression because you don't let the experience of levels sink in. Half of the content is forgotten because it's soon replaced by the next 30 levels. At least it doesn't seem to be about gloating that you've 100%'d it as quick as humanly possible.
Guess we'll just have to agree to disagree then. :hehe:

I feel bad for all the peeps that have been let down by GAME. :sad:

How they still get any customers is a complete and utter mystery. ::shrug:

My A Link Between Worlds didn't arrive until Saturday despite shipping in plenty of time. The poster arrived the day before though which was confusing. Since we're bashing GAME, their new site design is terrible.

GAME and the Nintendo Store are up on my "avoid for preorders" list.

Saying that, my copy of this also didn't arrive yesterday from Shopto. I suspect it's Royal Mail's fault since I'm waiting on a few large parcels and they probably grouped it.

Not that it matters since it's going away for Santa. ::shrug: I should probably start avoiding this thread. :p

Edit: Weird. haven't gotten points for my last 2 orders from Shopto. Anyone know what's up with that?

Edited by Ike

Guess we'll just have to agree to disagree then. :hehe:

I feel bad for all the peeps that have been let down by GAME. :sad:

How they still get any customers is a complete and utter mystery. ::shrug:

Please note, after being burned by the whole Ninja Gaiden 3 saga (which you can read about here: http://www.n-europe.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1627009&postcount=53 ) I vowed never to use GAME again.

I almost missed out on the Wind Waker HD special edition because of this, however Nintendo sold this themselves in the end allowing me to pick it up.

I didn't want to miss out on the Cat Mario Sleeve so I went to them as it wasn't available on Nintendo's own store.

Not home so can't check if my GAME order arrived, but seeing as no one elses has, I'm not holding my breath.

I was looking forward to playing this tonight too. :(

Ah well, guess I've got other stuff to play so will crack on with that until this arrives. Not gonna lie, if it doesn't show tomorrow I will be majorly pissed off. I don't mind it not arriving launch day massively, but if it doesn't get here until Monday, GAME HQ / depot will be bombed.

Man, some of the post game levels are kicking my butt. It's a nice increase in difficulty and is offering a good challenge.

Playing it since yesterday, one of the best Marios in existance imo. Kids are fighting to get their hands on a controller once I start playing, immediately addictive, up to four players non-stop FUN! Was a bit letdown because my local Gamemania store did'nt get me the pr-ordered catsuit edition, so I was wondering if anyone here has one... Post some pics please...

The worst thing about this game? The Photoshop-esque background effect on the art work. Do you know how confusing making that header was? Kept thinking I just had a load of assets on an invisible background :heh:

Still no postman. He's taking the piss

Maybe...

His copy didn't arrive so instead he took yours and is playing it now :woops:

It just arrived. Just put it in an the EAD magic already exists. Beautiful...just...beautiful

Just realised why @Ashley said the camera only moved in 15 degree increments. He didn't have it on Free Camera mode. Just turned that on...

Just bought a damn copy at HMV. I have friends coming over to play this tonight and clearly can't rely on GAME to get it to me on release date.

Controls take a little getting used to at first really, but I'm starting to get the hang of it. They just feel a bit sluggish compared to previous games, but I remember playing Mario Galaxy last year and thinking the same