NEurope
Ike

The Super Mario 3D World thread

LOL. I got a copyright ID match on the YouTube video of my KORG M01D rendition of the SM3DW theme:

Guess I did a better job at recreating it than I originally thought. :heh:

Does this mean Nintendo are making money every time someone plays that vid now? In that case, I can claim to be a Nintendo employee! :laughing:

You have no idea who you're dealing with. The day I get aggro over a videogame it'll be snowing in hell. :D

Yeah, Youtube's Content ID system has gone crazy this week

This game is pretty long.

I just got up to

"Fire Flower World"

Is there any benefit to completing levels with more than one character beyond (character specific switches) and multiple "stars" on save file?

Is there any benefit to completing levels with more than one character beyond (character specific switches) and multiple "stars" on save file?

Nope.

The only other thing you get for doing that is...

A special Miiverse stamp for each character that you complete every level with.

I've only got the one for Mario so far, and considering how difficult the last couple of levels are it'll probably stay that way for a long time. :hehe:

Are they giving you any form of refund/voucher for the extra money you laid down to get it?

Yes but you ordered before the game was released and before the offer was taken away.

I replied with a very strong worded email. Saying I wanted to make a formal complaint about the fact that the game was priced higher than anywhere else (presumably for the pre-order bonus) and the fact that the game did not reach me on launch day, and the fact that no one informed me I wasn't getting the additional items until I enquired myself.

So waiting to hear back from that. I'm so pissed off with them - but please no one post with I told you so's. :laughing: I personally have never had any run in's with them so I fully expected to get what was offered - as any paying customer would. I guess the fact they've screwed so many people over shows just how shit they are for customer service.

I replied with a very strong worded email. Saying I wanted to make a formal complaint about the fact that the game was priced higher than anywhere else (presumably for the pre-order bonus) and the fact that the game did not reach me on launch day, and the fact that no one informed me I wasn't getting the additional items until I enquired myself.

So waiting to hear back from that. I'm so pissed off with them - but please no one post with I told you so's. :laughing: I personally have never had any run in's with them so I fully expected to get what was offered - as any paying customer would. I guess the fact they've screwed so many people over shows just how shit they are for customer service.

I'm pleased you've written to them. I would have done the same, but after my run in with them earlier this year I simply can't be arsed.

The annoying thing is, I should have known better - but I honestly thought I was safe with it being a preorder. However it seems when they can't stoop any lower, they somehow manage to.

So I decided to write a complaint e-mail to GAME as well, not that I am really expecting anything but I did it anyway! lol.

Hello,

I would like to make a formal complaint with what I consider poor customer service.

I had pre-ordered the Super Mario 3D World game for Wii U with the pre-order bonus. Now I appreciate that it says 'while stocks last' but your website was still advertising the offer and I never got it. Surely you would have had an idea of stock levels and as such take off the advert once they had all been taken.

I paid more for the item than anywhere else, I assumed the higher cost was because of the pre-order item which I was happy to pay. Also I never even received the game on launch day. Something which I expect to get on launch day when I pre-order a game everywhere.

In times where I understand your company is struggling why are you providing poor service? This does not happen with your competitors such as ShopTo, a company that normally sells games cheaper than you, gets items delivered BEFORE release date in company cases and even offers money back if you don't get the game on launch day.

So in summary, I never got a pre-order bonus (which made me want to order with yourselves), you never even contacted me to say I wouldn't be getting it (more poor customer service) as far as I was aware I was getting it, you charged more for the game than elsewhere and I didn't even receive it on release day!

I look forward to hearing your reply in what you intend to do to try and improve my image in your customer service.

I got a reply from DM on twitter,

Sorry T&C says while stocks last, these have all been allocated

Whats a bunch of absoloute c S, im sorry to use that word but no other swear word covers it.

I am going to buy a new copy from shopto and simply return it to GAME for a full refund.

I got a reply from DM on twitter,

Sorry T&C says while stocks last, these have all been allocated

Whats a bunch of absoloute c S, im sorry to use that word but no other swear word covers it.

I am going to buy a new copy from shopto and simply return it to GAME for a full refund.

See the thing is, this T&C spiel that they keep throwing about is bull shit.

As Phoenix Wright would say...

Objection.gif

I've found a contradiction in their tweet!

Their terms and conditions also say that the pre-order bonuses will be sent with the ordered item. However it has been proven that no one got these on launch day - instead they were sent after the game was sent, therefore contradiciting the very terms and conditions they swear by!!

phoenix-wright_objection.jpg

*Increase in music pace and gasps / rapturous murmuring from the crowd*

08.png

:grin: Sorry I got carried away... :laughing:

But this is the exact argument I intend to make with them should they pull the T&C stunt with me! :p

It's not over by a long shot. I will go into town and buy a copy with the case and then just send that one back to game online for a refund . Loss of postage but I don't see any other way out

Someone who did get the case should return it back to game, sans case and say "I would only be able to return the case whilst stocks last. Whilst I did advertise as having it at the point of making contact to return the game, regretfully I must confirm this is no longer the case."

The annoying thing is, I should have known better - but I honestly thought I was safe with it being a preorder. However it seems when they can't stoop any lower, they somehow manage to.

This is what I'm kicking myself over. I've had so many issues with them (though never with pre-order bonuses) and yet I STILL fell for it. Ugh!

Finally started this, played the first couple of levels and I'm in love already. So many nice little touches, wow. The visuals are stunning.

Bought this yesterday and hide it away on myself, trying to save it for Xmas Eve for when I got to my sisters house for Xmas, a few cousins will be spending Xmas at hers too and be there Xmas Eve so should be great for Multiplayer, I don't want to have played most of it on my own before hand as want to have that initial experience for Xmas :D (And so I don't know my way round the levels) :D

Just need to 100% 2 more levels to open up secret world 4. The boss course one (almost done multiple times, but the final bit keeps cheating!) Also, missing the stamp on 6-3 (6-4? The one like a Japanese palace). Oh, and no one post hints, I want to do it myself. I've searched literally every bit of the level, killing everything, not killing everything, flying to every corner, climbing every corner. At one point I even kept the "blow mic sensor" going as I walked through the entire level just to see if anything would react out of sight (like they do). I'll get it.

Just need to 100% 2 more levels to open up secret world 4. The boss course one (almost done multiple times, but the final bit keeps cheating!) Also, missing the stamp on 6-3 (6-4? The one like a Japanese palace). Oh, and no one post hints, I want to do it myself. I've searched literally every bit of the level, killing everything, not killing everything, flying to every corner, climbing every corner. At one point I even kept the "blow mic sensor" going as I walked through the entire level just to see if anything would react out of sight (like they do). I'll get it.

Lol, I admire you. After about 30 mins of trying I cheated :( Seriously don't think I'd have found it without. ..

So got a reply from my e-mail yesterday from GAME.

Hi Mike,

Thank you for your email.

Apologies you have not received the Pre Order items due to stock levels. We hope to receive more in stock from the supplier, but this is not guaranteed.

The offer has been remover from the Website. We do apologize you have not received what was expected.

Due to not knowing if more stock is due to be received at present, and as way of apology, we have added 2000 points to your reward card account.

Once again, please accept our apologies and we hope to restore your faith in GAME in the near future.

Regards,

Clive H

The Team at GAME

Terrible response.

So got a reply from my e-mail yesterday from GAME.

Hi Mike,

Thank you for your email. (although up for debate, should really be hyphenated. Personal preference)

Apologies you have not received the Pre Order items due to stock levels. We hope to receive more in stock from the supplier, but this is not guaranteed.

The offer has been remover typo from the Website. We do apologize American spelling you have not received what was expected.

Due to not knowing if more stock is due to be received at present, and as way of apology, we have added 2000 points to your reward card account.

Once again, please accept our apologies and we hope to restore your faith in GAME in the near future.

Regards,

Clive H

The Team at GAME

Fuck off you cunts.

I really enjoyed this game, thought it was fantastic, right up until Champion's Road. Must have had about 100 attempts and I've only got past those fucking timed blocks once only to then get got by those swinging spikes. I'm all for a challenge but this is just so ridiculous compared to the rest of the game that it just seems cheap :/

I don't remember the final level on 3D land being so ridiculous, it has actually left a sour taste and ruined my enjoyment of the game a bit :(

Just played the Super Mario Kart themed level, wow. The memories! Amazing music, and visuals.

This game just keeps getting better and better.

Just got to world 4, hmmm bit boring looking! Was expecting better.

It gets better from here :)

Damn right. I wanted to have played last of us but my ps3 has been lost in the post :( and I've literally just bought papers please and gone home. So that's 4 out of the top 5. I bought and detested gta v!