NEurope
DuD

The Mr Men Masquerade

Welcome to Misterland's annual celebrations.

perfect.gif

I'm glad to see you all remembered your disguises.

I'm Mr Perfect and I'll be explaining the etiquette to make your experience here as enjoyable as possible.

The Ball will be started first thing in the morning by our very own Little Miss Brilliant, so for tonight you must...

uppity.gif

STOP....!

No-one move!!

Don't worry folks, thats just Mr Uppity. I'll Resume.

So as I was saying...

Little Miss Sunshine. She's.. She's been Kidnapped.

No-one is to move.

One or more of you must be responsible for this!

Own up now or else!!

Well?

Fine then. You shall all stay in Misterland until we have answers.

Mr Uppity. I have an idea.

Go on?

If we want answers we must conduct an investigation.

Maybe we'll be able to whittle down possible suspects day by day?

Very well. But who will find our answers?

They will!

I will grant all of them powers. They can use them by night and discuss the outcomes during the day.

That sounds ridiculous. It'll never work.

Does anybody have any better ideas?

Oh very well.

You are all disguised.. You therefore can't tell who is beneath each costume!.. And so you must vote and target using Character Names. Not Forum Names.

A most votes sytem will be used for lynches. Votes will be counted using Forum Names.. up until the end of day, at which point they will be converted to Character Names (and re-ordered alphabetically)

You must all play nicely.. There will be no name calling OR posting at night... Each offense will result in a vote against them from Mr Uppity. A second offense will result in another vote against them from Mr Perfect. These votes will stay against you throughout the game.

You may quote PM Roles (not characters or alignment.. You can make claims)

Days are roughly 48hrs. Conversation Dependant.

Nights are 24-36 hrs.

All other standard rules apply

Before you all disperse let me take a register.

Mr Bump

Mr Clumsy

Mr Daydream

Mr Funny

Mr Grumpy

Mr Jelly

Mr Lazy

Mr Mischief

Mr Noisy

Mr Nosey

Mr Rush

Mr Strong

Mr Tickle

Mr Topsy Turvy

Mr Wrong

You will recieve your PMs ASAP (possibly 30mins)

Edited by DuD

There ain't no Little Miss Sunshine when she's gooooone....

*ahem*

Vote: No Mr. Lynch

It's day now, and I can quote my PM?

So I won't be penalised for just dumping my PM straight in the thread right now?

All PMs should be out now.. If you've not recieved one, I have fucked up.

@Yvonne.. re-read the rules ;)

EVERYONE MUST READ THE SPOILERED RULES

Particularly the part about "You are all disguised.. You therefore can't tell who is beneath each costume!.. And so you must vote and target using Character Names. Not Forum Names."

OK cool so it looks like we can just find out who people are by voting. But most votes makes that risky.

@ReZourceman we vote by character names. The vote count is in forum names. Voting for The Peeps doesn't work.

vote Mr Noisy what an asshole

Considering it's most votes, it's probably best to wait for some actual info before voting for someone random? You're way more likely to hit a townie than mafia :p

Vote: no lynch

Character claiming is all right, right?

Change Vote : Mr Noisy

FYI, wait until the end of the day and we'll all know your character.

Just one question... if this was going to be a ball then were we all just going to dance with Little Miss Sunshine? Whoever's kidnapped her is a selfish prick. We're just left Broke Back Ballroom Dancing.

Well it's most votes right? And no one can counter vote me until they learn who I am. So maybe we don't want to rush through D1 quite so fast

Votes

No Lynch: Jamba, Jimbob, The Peeps, Magnus Peterson, ReZourceman (5)

Mr Noisy: Yvonne (1)

To give people the chance to come online and because it is most votes I will allow until 5pm tomorrow for votes.

[countdown=11/20/2013 5:00 PM;NIGHT 1]Count down:[/countdown]

There would have been lots of little misses.... but they aint playing anymore

You may send your targets in as soon as you're ready to do so.

Well it's most votes right? And no one can counter vote me until they learn who I am. So maybe we don't want to rush through D1 quite so fast

Supposing you're the only one left voting at the end of the day for Mr Noisy then it's my understanding that your forum name will be converted into your character name. Since it would be just you then we'd know it was you.

Sure, but it's still true that I can kill anyone I want by myself if everyone else is going to wait it out like they usually do. And if there are multiple people voting on the same person the order gets sorted, so there's no guarantee who is who. And people on the NL train I imagine are getting exposed too.

So, we start to get a feel for the intended mechanics. Interesting! That said, I will kill noisy if no one chips in.

Sure, but it's still true that I can kill anyone I want by myself if everyone else is going to wait it out like they usually do. And if there are multiple people voting on the same person the order gets sorted, so there's no guarantee who is who. And people on the NL train I imagine are getting exposed too.

So, we start to get a feel for the intended mechanics. Interesting! That said, I will kill noisy if no one chips in.

Pretty poor bluff as you will instantly get lynched next round as 1) we'd know who you are and 2) If he dies then we'll all vote for you.

You're trying to put a target on Mr Noisy which instantly suggest that you're trying to do one of several things.

If we reach majority, do we still have to wait until tomorrow 5PM?

Vote: No Lynch

@Yvonne: I'm pretty sure that the current option with the most votes right now is "No Lynch" :heh:

Does no lynch count in a most votes setup? I personally wouldn't consider that a pure most votes setup. We're just gonna NL a whole bunch if so

What are these several things @Jamba? I'm not bluffing, I'm investigating the mechanics of the game by playing it. If you guys want to kill someone else, go ahead!

Pretty poor bluff as you will instantly get lynched next round as 1) we'd know who you are and 2) If he dies then we'll all vote for you.

You're trying to put a target on Mr Noisy which instantly suggest that you're trying to do one of several things.

Let him keep his vote on. No lynch will win through regardless but he'll have given his character name away since he'll be the only player with a vote on Mr Noisy. If the Mafia want to kill Yvonne, assuming he isn't Mafia already, they'll know which Mr Man to target.

It's advisable everyone slaps a vote on No Lynch if you don't want people forming links between non voters and Mr Men names that didn't appear in the vote tally. It's my understanding that DuD wanted a mechanic to stop the more active players being lynched early by affording some anonymity.

Vote: No Lynch

Does no lynch count in a most votes setup? I personally wouldn't consider that a pure most votes setup. We're just gonna NL a whole bunch if so

What are these several things @Jamba? I'm not bluffing, I'm investigating the mechanics of the game by playing it. If you guys want to kill someone else, go ahead!

Yeah it must. Otherwise the Mafia could hilariously kill people with impunity late game.

I'm not even sure what you're getting at unless something has seriously changed in these games.

As for what it infers it entirely depends on who you are. As an example, you could be making a vague attempt at calling out someone that might try and block you trying to kill someone. But there are many other options and I think everyone has a brain of their own to mull it over with.

I have no problem with people knowing my character. If I'm the only known player/character link, will the mafia really risk attacking someone so easily protected?

Please do go ahead and consider the implications everyone, a thinking town is infinitely more dangerous than one that just NLs to a whimpery death

Yeah it must. Otherwise the Mafia could hilariously kill people with impunity late game.

I don't think this is true. People aren't going to be able to snipe with 1 vote in the late game because they hang their ass right out there and invite counter votes. Instead of lynch vs no lynch, it's lynch vs lynch, making for more intense argument and more polarising votes. I believe@Rummy ran a game like this