NEurope
Ashley

The Selfie

@Ashley it was me who had the comment about selfies on Facebook. Your comment about ownership of our image was definitely something I'd never considered before and was thought provoking.

But yeah...

facebook-duck-face-dog.jpg

Dem crazy people who take pics in the bathroom and in their bedrooms from above to provide some form of eye candy is what irks me. Mainly as it drives my OCD wild when I see the state of their homes...sure YOU look OK but your house is a shit tip which says a lot more than your Max Factor.

I feel too old for the internet some days...

Edited by tapedeck

People who hate selfies are probably just ugly.

#logic

If U can't take it then get back.

This isn't quite the selfie, but does for me kinda highlight the issue I have with it. ALSO - a vid like this was totes already posted somewhere on here already no? BUT I CANNOT FIND IT. If anyone can validate my belief so I feel a little less imagining things crazy that'd be nice but no worries if not.

Everybody has a right to their own self-expression and a right to express themselves in how they wish to be perceived by the world. It is something rare we have full control over.

I saw three pre-teen boys taking selfies with their iphones in Topshop, trying to get the lingerie in the background.

Very strange.

I agree that people have the right to express themselves whatever way they want, but it doesn't mean it won't induce negative impressions of that person. Duck faces in particular are the worst. Large amount of selfies seem very vain. It's like showcasing your face for people to see over and over again, in some way assuming they want to see it.