NEurope
Beast

I'm getting a 3DS!

Note: Splinter Cell is a really bad port, and is completely unplayable in daylight (although I'm not sure if the XL's screen will be better).

its a great game on 3DS but its terrible controls without the circle pad pro

I read up on that. Does it work on any game or is it games like Metal Gear Solid and Resident Evil? Is it very noticeable?

..where's all the love for Pilotwings Resort and Starfox 64 3D..? :love:

IMG-20131202-001051_zps65d9b751.jpg

Yep get Pilotwings! Great game!! :D

I did want to get that but I didn't know how long the game would be. Starfox is a must for me anyway!

I saw some games on eShop that I really want too such as 3D Space Harrier and 3D Sonic but I need an SD card. How big of an SD card would you guys advise I buy?

Also, another question I have: My 3DS XL is second hand and only came with the charger but I know that it's brand-new because it's never been touched. Can I still register the console and one of the games and get Super Mario 3D Land for free?

I read up on that. Does it work on any game or is it games like Metal Gear Solid and Resident Evil? Is it very noticeable?

i think there is that nano assault EX as well that uses it as well

Resident evil is fine without it

MGS is more clunky, you use the circle pad for movement, ABXY as moving the camera then the rest of the controls are on the dpad, touch screen or triggers so it not the best for action, but its a stealth game so....

but with CPP its more like a traditional control scheme

they are worth investing in yeah, you'll get one on ebay cheap!

see how you like MGS first, because with only three games that really use it, if you can live without then you may think twice.

Personally it was worth it just for MGS, which is a beautiful game on the 3DS

I did want to get [Pilotwings Resort] but I didn't know how long the game would be..

Pilotwings Resort is about as long as you want to make it, really :smile:

There were complaints about the length of the game from plenty of places but it certainly wasn't an issue for me as my Activity Log claims a play time of 29:43.. and every second of it was awesome :yay: It's quite possibly still my favourite 3DS game :hehe:

It all kinda depends whether you're interested in getting the perfect score in each mission (which feels very rewarding) or want to simply clear each mission and be done with it..

I highly recommend it, though :grin:

Yeah Pilotwings is amazing. And actually you need to get great scores to unlock even more events. You'll be able to get it for cheap, but whatever price you get it for it'll be worth it.

How do I register my 3DSXL with what I said 3 posts ago?

I can't remember if the 3DS came with a voucher code in box or do you input the serial number of your 3DS into Club Nintendo's register product. Iirc it's the former, and if you have a 2nd hand 3DS with no voucher code, I don't think you can.

Anybody else remember?

I can't remember if the 3DS came with a voucher code in box or do you input the serial number of your 3DS into Club Nintendo's register product. Iirc it's the former, and if you have a 2nd hand 3DS with no voucher code, I don't think you can.

Anybody else remember?

I hope you can put the serial number! I didn't have the original box with it. I'll be gutted if I can't get SM3DL! I've tried finding out through Google but I can't seem to get a straight answer.

Yeah you need the Club Nintendo code. You can try phoning Nintendo's Customer Service and asking them nicely, they'll need the serial code for that.

Where can I get the serial code from?

In the box is a little red leaflet (think it has the picture of a present on it). This has the number on it.

If you're into adventure/visual novel games I would highly recommend Virtues Last Reward and Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies, although the former is better if you play the DS prequel first. Ace Attorney just released on the eShop for £20 and is simply fantastic. The characters are great and script is hilarious and full of drama...do it!

Thanks @Goron_3, Ace Attorney is definitely on my list to buy! I love the series and I've heard some good things about Dual Destinies!

I've just bought Resident Evil: Revelations and Super Street Fighter IV 3D for £20. Bargain! I'm looking forward to Christmas Day more and more now! I hope that some of you have SSFIV, I'd love to play some of you in a match!

I love the fact that I got 3 of the games that I originally wanted! Chuffed to bits!

Here are the games I have so far:

- Splinter Cell 3D

- Hollywood Crimes (think Professor Layton with live-action cutscenes. Looks pretty cool and got it stupidly cheap)

- Dead or Alive Dimensions

- Metal Gear Solid 3D: Snake Eater

- Resident Evil Revelations

- Super Street Fighter IV

Res evil and streetfighter for £20? Amazon did 3 games for £20 with those two in the offer a few days ago. Starfix too which is amazing.

I'm very tempted by a 3DS as well, @Animal. I think that I would definitely go for OOT (probably the main reason), Mario Kart 7 and the latest Mario game.

I was looking at deals and it's £130 on Amazon which I think is quite expensive. I'm hoping that after Christmas therel'l be a few cheaper, second hand ones, available.

I'm very tempted by a 3DS as well, @Animal. I think that I would definitely go for OOT (probably the main reason), Mario Kart 7 and the latest Mario game.

I was looking at deals and it's £130 on Amazon which I think is quite expensive. I'm hoping that after Christmas therel'l be a few cheaper, second hand ones, available.

You can actually get it on Amazon with three games for £129.99 here. There's been quite a few deals of £99 for just the console popping up every so often, so keep an eye out if one of those bundles doesn't take your fancy.

Also, you get a free download of Super Mario 3D Land when you buy a 3DS or an XL and register it online before 13th Jan, so you have effectively got another game included in that price too :)

You can actually get it on Amazon with three games for £129.99 here. There's been quite a few deals of £99 for just the console popping up every so often, so keep an eye out if one of those bundles doesn't take your fancy.

Also, you get a free download of Super Mario 3D Land when you buy a 3DS or an XL and register it online before 13th Jan, so you have effectively got another game included in that price too :)

That's awesome, didn't realise that. Only Starfox (and Mario, of course) takes my fancy out of those 3 games though. Going to keep on looking for a decent deal.

Should I be looking at the XL over the standard one?