NEurope
bryanee

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

Picking this up on my way home tonight, yay for Tesco clubcard boost....

Quick question, should I dust off the PS3 and finish Uncharted 3 before I play this? (Probably just set it to easy and rush through) Wasn't a huge fan, gave up on it half way through and don't really remember the story anyway.

Picking this up on my way home tonight, yay for Tesco clubcard boost....

Quick question, should I dust off the PS3 and finish Uncharted 3 before I play this? (Probably just set it to easy and rush through) Wasn't a huge fan, gave up on it half way through and don't really remember the story anyway.

Just as well you're buying Uncharted 4 now as it's the last Clubcard Boost ever sadly... :(

I would say yes, but then I've enjoyed each and every one of the Uncharted titles thus far - aside from Uncharted: Golden Abyss because reasons :p though I might end up picking it up cheap one day - all of the PS3 games have been essential day one purchases to me, it was even the original Uncharted which prompted me to buy an NTSC PS3 back in the day :D so I think you at least owe it to yourself to finish it really but don't feel obligated, that's just my view; do finish it for the sake of it being a solid game though. : peace:

As for my own playthrough of Uncharted 4, I finally got past the sticking point I found to be Chapter 13 then I said to myself "I'll just get to just after Chapter 15 to find out about that plot point @Hero\-of\-Time posted in a spoiler box the other day..." - yes I clicked it as I couldn't help myself, to be fair it motivated me to keep going though :) but yeah... five hours and five chapters later and I'm now halfway through Chapter 18, before I knew it sunrise was almost upon me, whoops! :grin:

I haven't actively played a game this much in a while, so at the very least it's the game to really get me back into gaming again after being stuck in a rut for a while, plus I do like a good Naughty Dog game, they are a rare developer who I shall support for as long as they keep putting games out. :smile:

I'd say no. If you werent enjoying Uncharted 3 then dont go back to it. I forced myself to play through the entire game when it came out despite knowing I wasnt enjoying it and it really soured me on the entire franchise for a long time.

Finished it just now.

A masterpiece. Naughty Dog did it again.

Now please buy the rights for Crash Bandicoot and take a break from the adventure games.

Finished it yesterday. Superb. It's Uncharted 2 via The Last of Us.

It was an utter pleasure to play from start to finish.

@Daft what are your thoughts on this?

Looking for a deciding vote :p

If you can hold off Uncharted 4 I'd probably just do it. It's not the greatest game but it's hardly awful.

Just rattle it off in a couple sittings on Easy.

@Daft what are your thoughts on this?

Looking for a deciding vote :p

Skip it. Get to da UC4.

Did the whole atrocious last level of Uncharted 3, when I got to the final cut scene I realised I'd already finished it after all :p

Speedrun, Crushing and >70% accuracy run, done. Got a lot of the "kill x amount of enemies with x" trophies.

Will focus on collectibles now and get the remaining hidden trophies. : peace:

How you all getting on with the multiplayer?

Here's some personal highlights!

Great video - check out the dance off at the end! :laughing:

How about that freak ranked match encounter with me in which I rinsed you? :grin:

Currently in the Diamond III rank in TDM which is two tiers from maximum I think. Played the multiplayer a shit ton already so I'm eager for new maps, otherwise I'm not sure about it's longevity. Having put the time in to unlock most of the loadout points (24/26) I feel like I should stick around. Even after extensive time with the online I'm not sure I enjoy it as much as U3 - sometimes the mysticals and sidekicks are cool, other times I'd like a return to the basics with map weapon spawns.

Finished the campaign tonight. The last 5 or 6 chapters were terrific, up until then the game was a bit hit and miss for me but overall I'd say it's the best in the series. NaughtyDog have come a long way in every department.

gv8ov2fj75gtujya07k9.gif

This is just incredible...some random rocks have a real 3D model and physics. The attention to detail in this game is breathtaking.

You sometimes get a game where you just don't want it to end because it's that good/breathtaking. Yeah, this is one of them games for me.

Even though i've not completed it yet (i'm somewhat about 1/2 way through Chapter 12), it's a surefire contender for Game of the Year.

You sometimes get a game where you just don't want it to end because it's that good/breathtaking. Yeah, this is one of them games for me.

Even though i've not completed it yet (i'm somewhat about 1/2 way through Chapter 12), it's a surefire contender for Game of the Year.

I am feeling the exact same about it. I also felt the same about Witcher 3

I'm enjoying Uncharted 4 a lot but I'm not sure it'll end up being my GOTY. Its not grabbed me like 2 did where I just couldnt put it down. Doom I think could be a possibility, I'm not too far into that yet but what I have played as left a big smile on my face as I've been playing it.

Of course all of this will probably mean nothing be the end of the year. I mean No Man's Sky comes out next month!

I've not been feeling too well today, so I think that's had an impact on my enjoyment of the game today.

I found these a bit tedious to play, tbh. The Nate/Elena interaction was great, very emotional. But, there were a few too many gunfights and those fucking exploding mummies just pissed me off. Aside from that, these sections weren't terrible by any means and the game is still EASILY at least a 9/10.

Just finished the game. I wasn't super impressed with it to be honest - it's amazing graphically and has great set pieces, but the shooting did generally not feel great and I think the general business of ledge hopping, dropping boxes and doing boosts has worn a bit thin on me. It felt great in the early days of PS3 but doesn't quite entertain me the same way now.

I'm getting pretty pissed off and bored with this now. Up to Chapter 17, it was great and a real joy to play. I'm on Chapter 20 now and it's just an absolute fucking grind.

Naughty Dog really ran out of ideas here.

Here's a shooting sequence. Here. Have 20 enemies. Ok, you got through those 20...but what about THESE DOZEN? Ok, you just about made it through that...here's another 20.

Just fuck off. The game was so beautifully balanced up until the last three or so chapters and it's become far too monotonous. Even if they cut the amount of enemies by half I'm not sure it would be enough.

I'm getting pretty pissed off and bored with this now. Up to Chapter 17, it was great and a real joy to play. I'm on Chapter 20 now and it's just an absolute fucking grind.

Naughty Dog really ran out of ideas here.

Here's a shooting sequence. Here. Have 20 enemies. Ok, you got through those 20...but what about THESE DOZEN? Ok, you just about made it through that...here's another 20.

Just fuck off. The game was so beautifully balanced up until the last three or so chapters and it's become far too monotonous. Even if they cut the amount of enemies by half I'm not sure it would be enough.

Agree with you 100% on this. I was actually quite happy when I reached the end.