NEurope
Jamba

Credit situation

Righty, so bluey and I have found ourselves in a bit of a situation....

We don't have a lot of money at the moment as we're saving for a house etc. and so we've been tending to trade and sell stuff to be able to buy the nice things that we want and therefore not spend any unnecessary cash.

The Wii U was very much in the firing line in this sense so we tried to sell it but it turned out that no one was all that interested. Together, bluey and I had the idea that we would trade it in at GAME and then use the credit to buy a PS4, which we would then sell to someone we knew for the normal price, hence converting our credit into cash and also getting our friend high up in the preorder chain.

So we traded it and got about £240 in credit on a gift card. Last week I get a text from bluey saying that our friend has had to pull out of getting the PS4 :(

My question is what would you guys do in our situation? Do people buy credit like this? Would anyone here like to buy a PS4 from us? We're feeling pretty stuck and we need to liquidise this credit... help us N-E community, you're our only hope!

Do people buy credit like this? Would anyone here like to buy a PS4 from us?

If its the Killzone bundle, yes!

You could hold onto it until December for the inevitable pre-Christmas stock shortages and ebay it. Its nice you were doing it for your friend, but if they pull out perhaps make a profit?

Or advertise it in local papers/gumtree/etc asking for RRP? Or get Bluey to tell customers to "go and see the bearded guy outside and he'll get you a PS4" and see what happens.

Gumtree or eBay are good options if needs be. If you take these options, wait until a few weeks before Christmas and put it online then at a minimum "Bid Price" and (hopefully) watch as people will pay anything to get their child/themselves a PS4. Worked wonders when the PS3 and X360 came out and various highly sought-after games.

Or get Bluey to tell customers to "go and see the bearded guy outside and he'll get you a PS4" and see what happens.

Why is Santa there?

112307_santa%5B1%5D.jpg

I hear what you're all saying about public selling it and we have considered it but we have heard about how well the production of the PS4 is going (great yield rate on the chipsets apparently) and with key games being delayed we were thinking that maybe the xmas demand may not be that high :/

:shakehead Genuinely very indecisive.... do you guys really think there will be the usual internet scream out for these?

What's your alternative? Or how hard a hit on that credit would you take? I wouldn't be surprised if you couldn't get demand here(tho I might have said same on Wii U)...I'm sad to say I'm completely uninterested in PS4 atm/not prepped to drop that kinda dime on something, otherwise I'd be on it.

What's your alternative? Or how hard a hit on that credit would you take? I wouldn't be surprised if you couldn't get demand here(tho I might have said same on Wii U)...I'm sad to say I'm completely uninterested in PS4 atm/not prepped to drop that kinda dime on something, otherwise I'd be on it.

Dude... It's already traded. :-(

Dude... It's already traded. :-(

Huh? Might have crossed wires. Didn't mean the Wii U, I meant PS4! Should sell here(maybe). I'm presuming at the moment you still have the £240 credit on the card...right? Or is it all on a PS4 or something already? If you had the £240 on a card I'd wonder how much someone would pay cash for it...