NEurope
The Peeps

Xpert 11 Season 29: The Game of Goals

N-Euro Championship Season 29: The Game of Goals

The kingdom of Xpertaros can be split into three factions. There is the wall, the impossibly high and formidable blockade against the evil beyond. The teams competing here have the safety of the wall behind them but each team wishes to leave it behind them once and for all!

The teams of the North struggle against being displaced by those who rise up from the wall while trying to escape to the warmer climates of the South. It is a desperate and ever-changing middle ground which may never truly see peace.

The South has stayed much the same for countless seasons. The ruling teams are very much set in place even if some of the teams at the lower end of the scale change now and then. There is a struggle for power each season but it always seems to be one of the main houses on top.

Previous Champions

Yellow Submarine 28

Yellow Submarine 27

Eights United 26

Eights United 25

Intergalactico Stars 24

Intergalactico Stars 23

Silverdale Hotpot 22

Haden United 21

Essex Elites 20

Essex Elites 19

Mcoys Sons 18

Essex Elites 17

Dysonian Wanderers 16

Haden United 15

Dysonian Wanderers 14

Essex Elites 13

Roostophe Rovers 12

Haden United 11

Roostophe Rovers 10

Oddy 5-9

Haden United 4

Bayern Bru 3

Oddy 2

Happenstance FC 1

Cup Winners

Inter, Inter, Silverdale, Eights, Eights, Yellow Submarine, DuDs Baggies, ???

Xpertaros

The South

landing_zpsd9205123.jpg

The top tier teams of the South sit comfortably on their thrones while just beneath them the lower teams struggle for a glimpse at their glory...

Yellow Submarine

joff_zpsc6d1da69.jpg

Submarine’s trophy cabinet is starting to look pretty full with three league trophies (1 lower, 2 elite) and three team of the month awards! Their team is still looking solid but can they overcome the pressure and win the title three seasons running?

Eights United

stannis_zps7c2c01ee.jpg

Eights have won the elite league trophy twice in a row but have finished second for the last two seasons running. They have one of the strongest teams in the league and they’ve certainly got the potential to win again… but there are a few teams in a similar position so this season will be a real clash of the titans!

Silverdale Salmon

renly_zps2d3c6906.jpg

Silverdale are no strangers to silverware but it has been a while since they won the elite league in season 22. Since then they’ve had a slight revamp of the team but now their strength is almost matching with Eights and Yellow Sub and last season’s 3rd place finish is proof of that. Not only do Silverdale need to overthrow Yellow Submarine, but they have to beat off competition from the likes of Eights and Intergalactico too!

Intergalactico Stars – Inter are another team to have won the elite league trophy two seasons running but since winning in season 24 they’ve only had 1 top 3 finish with last season’s 5th place being their lowest finish. However, their team is as strong as the other top tier teams and with Odwin out of the picture they can easily shake things up.

Lylat Wanderers – Wanderers have won the lower league and the middle league but so far the closest they’ve come to an elite league title is a 6th place finish. They are a fairly young side, especially in the midfield which could see them struggling this season.

Atlético Aqui1a – Atlético have been building towards a strong team for a while now and it looks like they’re nearly ready to cash in on all that hard work. I think they will be on for a mid-table finish this season but they’re going to have a hard time next season if they don’t find replacements for their two retiring forwards.

Kippen FC – Kippen have been going since season 22 when their manager resigned from his old team to start anew and last season they made it to the Elite league. If it hadn’t been for Odwin leaving, Kippen would be in the middle league this season but they have a second chance to try and stay up. I think it will be another struggle against relegation for Kippen but if they can stay ahead of the newly promoted teams, they should just make it.

The Roger Federer Crew – The RFC only joined in season 25 but have been making waves since then. They were promoted in their first season and enjoyed two steady 4th place finishes in the middle league until winning it last season. They have a strong and balanced side but they could really do with at least one more defender or they may find themselves in a tricky situation with predictable formations or injured players.

DuDs Baggies – Baggies have managed to fall into a routine of dropping in and out of the elite league and if they follow the same pattern they’ll enjoy two seasons in the elite league before dropping back into the middle… well looking at their team I think they could easily break out of that pattern and this could be the start of a long stint in the elite league. They have a strong team that’s young enough to just keep getting stronger for a good few seasons yet.

AC Elites – After quitting his old team, Ellmeister took charge of AC Elites and went about acquiring as many strong players as he could. Now he is in charge of a formidable side once again and will not go back to the middle league easily. The team is strong enough to compete against the top tier and will likely stay in the elite league for a long run but some of their players are starting to look a bit tired…

The North

winterfell_zpsfe51da85.jpg

The kings of winter! These teams are no strangers to hardship as they struggle against relegation and try to claw their way up to the greater prospects of the league above. These teams live by a daunting credo: relegation is coming…

Madpool

stark_zpse872e9ba.jpg

We feared we would not be seeing this team again but thankfully their manager will be carrying on for at least one more season. Madpool are admittedly a shadow of their former selves but the strength is still there in the midfield. This is their first season in the middle league since they won it in season 17 and it’s a good opportunity for them to take stock of the team and develop.

The Familia FC

bolton_zps406ac9b5.jpg

Formerly Rising Phoenix, Familia have returned to the middle league after two seasons with the big guns. They have a large team which could do with a bit of trimming but it’s well balanced for the most part. They should enjoy a top table finish this season.

Winston Gardens FC

rbstark_zpsfaacb9e3.jpg

One of the first of the recent Wunderkind new teams to be promoted in their first season and since then Winston Gardens have been enjoyed fairly steady success. They reached the Elite League in just four seasons but have been in and out since then. This is their second season in the middle league and they have one of the strongest teams. I have no doubt they’ll be returning to the elite league next season.

Leeds M.O.T – Leeds have a streamlined team with decent balance. They could do with growing the midfield by a player or two but they can still put out a strong team. Leeds have spent most of their career in the middle league but a few seasons ago they hit a rough patch and dropped into the lower league. They seem to be on a comeback trail now after winning the lower league in season 26 and have finished 5th in the middle league for the last two seasons. I don’t think the team is ready for the elite league but they may well find themselves in a promotion spot this season.

Hadens Rangers – Another solid, yet small team. Rangers have a versatile team with lots of special qualities showing and have been developing well since Haden left his old team to manage this one. It looks to me like this team is ready and despite their steady 6th place finishes for the last three seasons, I predict this team will be vying for the top spot this season.

DRAGOOOO – This is a well balanced team and their youth development has definitely paid off with most of the 21 and unders being ahead of the skill curve. Dragooooo have been on the verge of relegation for the last couple of seasons but now they’re youths are coming of age, I think this will change this season. Keep it up Flink and you’ll be back in the Elite League in no time!

AFC Dedede – Freshly promoted from winning the lower league in just their second season, Dedede have cultivated a strong side but it still needs some work. This manager has proved he is capable and I think this should be the start of a long stay in the middle league for the team to hone their skills.

Bob – bob has already been part of the league for 5 seasons and are returning to the middle league for a second time to score goals and chew gum. A glance at bob’s defence might trick you into complacency but do not be fooled. They are merely more forwards in disguise. For team bob, attacking is the best form of defence and it’s this reckless playing style that has brought him back into the middle league. If you can stay there this time bob it will be proof that offensive tactics do prevail!

Cubic County – After getting nowhere, Cube sacked literally all of his players to start again with all new ones. Now he has reached the middle league with a fairly decent side. My advice to you Cube is to ditch your oldest players and bring in some young blood. The middle league is a great place to develop a team and to learn how to balance development and results. Bring in some youths and follow Dragooooo’s example!

Coloccini FC

This team gave it a great go in the middle league last season but just missed out on safety by one point - fortunately with teams departing, they were able to stay in the middle league. Since winning the lower league in season 24, Coloccini have only dropped back into it once and came 2nd in that same season to be promoted again. They have a strong side but could be struggling against relegation again this season. This is a good opportunity for them to continue their youth development and not focus on results.

The Wall

the-wall-elevator-game-of-thrones-lord-snow-01_zps0382306c.png

The teams on the wall fight endlessly for promotion with few resources and in terrible conditions. Only the strongest can escape and even then, most are sent straight back again.

Fedex United

mormont_zps7eb75e87.jpg

They shouldn’t have any problems in the lower league this season but this could be a good opportunity for a shake-up of the team. They have quite an old side with only 3 players less than 27 years of age. If they want to keep competing in the higher leagues they need to get some young blood in and train them up. Fedex have a strong defence but the rest of the team is waning and it’ll really show in a season or two unless they fix it now.

Rossers Rovers

250px-Jon-Snow-S3_zps7a5d3ff8.jpg

Still a fairly new side, Rovers won the lower league in their second season but finished 10th in the middle league last season. They have a lot of potential but their performance last season says their team is not ready yet. They have the basis of a strong team, they just need to get some youths in and develop them alongside the veterans. I’ve no doubt this team will be promoted again but they should try to focus more on their youths!

The Sixty-Fourthers

aemon_zps57ac8bce.jpg

One of the oldest teams in the league, The Sixty-Fourthers are still in hard times at the moment after falling from the elite league in season 26. Looking at the team, this is sure to change in seasons to come as they have a fresh, young side to develop. It’s not ready yet but if they can develop their players well, they’ll be back in the elite league in no time.

Multiple Scorgasms – This will be their third season in the league and it could be third time lucky for the team. They’ve had two mid-table finishes and will be looking to break into one of the promotion spots this season. I think their defence needs a little work but other than that, it’s a solid side which could cause some trouble for the favourites.

Recall United – Recall took a small step backwards last season, finishing 6th after reaching 4th the previous season. This is another old side that Jimbob is doing well to reform. I don’t think they’ll be promoted this season but their focus should still be on development for now anyway. They have done well if they finish in the top half of the table.

AC Twozzinio - Twozzok has not been seen in Xpertaros since September which could mean a hard time for his team if he doesn't show up. He has a fairly mixed squad with one stand out 19-8 defender but most of the squad are too low in skill for their age. With some work, this squad could be a contender for promotion but with an inactive manager they will likely not be seen again next season.

Russian Revolution – Formerly The Comerade Co-op, Russian Revolution have been in the league since season 16 and have been flicking between the middle and lower leagues for the most part. It seems the team have been neglected for a while but the manager has returned to set them back on the right path. They have a few new recruits which should help them turn things around and the lower league is the perfect place for them to start again.

Cider Seagulls – A brand new team to the N-Euro Championship but a returning manager. Jayseven’s previous team, Emo Blades, fell into disrepair but he’s got a new team now and has old knowledge of the game to come along with it. I’m disappointed to see no new signings to the team but they could be storing up funds. This is a team to watch out for but I don’t think they’ll be aiming for promotion just yet.

Lords of Hydra – Another brand new team and a new manager along with it! Esequiel has signed some good players and has started with a decent enough midfield to have a decent competition in the lower league but his prime focus should be on development and studying tactics. If they pay attention to what the successful teams are doing, this team should be following in their footsteps in a couple of seasons.

Les Balbuzards – The ex-Seahawks manager has not had much success with his new team but they seem to be developing a strong side. With a couple of youths in midfield, this team could develop into a formidable side but if their manager falls into old habits they will be in trouble. This team needs some young blood if they want to succeed!

30 Teams:

AC Elites - @bob

Cider Seagulls @dan\-likes\-trees

Yellow Submarine - @Zell

ALLIANCES

alliance_zps596abba7.png

Your alliance will be auto-generated. Please standby for teammates.

SPOTLIGHT

gdl-spotlight1_zps5cdbf0ba.jpg

Guess results and other variables in matches and win prizes!

Spotlight will come when the season starts.

PREDICTIONS

predict_zps634cb9e8.jpg

Predictions are back! Predict the winners of each division and the relegated teams of the top two divisions. Submit your predictions in a PM to The Peeps.

Top League Reporter : The Peeps

Middle League Reporter: Haden

Lower League Reporter: Jimbob

Interviewer: Nikos9

First game: 15/11/13

The lottery will take place soon and will be between the promoted teams, winners of the spotlight and winners of Hadens' awards.

Edited by The Peeps

I've got a good feeling about this season.. which means I'll probably get relegated with a record low points tally :(

'Mon The Baggies :yay:

Hi everyone, Roger Federer here,

What a shocker! I'm just recuperating from my match today against Gasquet, and suddenly, I'm thrown back into the managerial ring! Del Potro's gonna have to wait! Woooooooahh!

Lovely intro post Peeps. I'd like to think I'm the Littlefinger of the group - sneaking my way up from humble beginnings in the world of professional tennis into the top flight of fictional football management!

I expect a thorough bashing tomorrow against Intergalactico tomorrow. I am utterly unprepared. So in lieu of playing good football/tennis this season, I'd also like to throw my journalistic hat in the ring and propose that I write some write-ups of the Elite League games? If no one is doing them already?

Root for me against Del Potro!

Thanks,

As always,

Roger Federer

The Xpert Throne is mine, by right. All those that deny that are my foes.

All hail Yellow Submarine, the first of their name, King of the Elites and the First Managers, Lord of the Xpert and Protector of the Playground.

.. I'm blocked from checking on my team as I put in a wrong password too many times and I have to go to bed before I can amend things so if there's a game tomorrow I'm fucked... even though I'd be fucked anyway as my new team is shit! Will be making more of an effort as the season progresses though.

Lovely OP Peeps :D

I am ready to rock and roll! A bit earlier than I expected but I am ready for anything! :D

Got the email about the postponement, which said:

No one will be able to log in to the league until 2013-11-11.

This is not true. There don't seem to be any limitations at all.

So we are set for next Fri now? Good going peeps i am glad as i am waiting on a new youth bob did u want a game on Tuesday?

I posted this on last season's thread too but @Ellmeister, if you want to challenge me again this morning to get the cup played today then feel free as I'll be able to accept it in time!

I didn't think we could postpone the league but I did ask an xpert admin anyway. Glad they saw my request in time :D

Sorry for the confusion!

@Nikos9 @Ellmeister there's still Tuesday if you both still want to play before next season but it would mean no break day for you

Sorry didn't challenge you Nikos! Do you want to play on Tuesday or have break before start of season? I don't mind whichever!

So we are set for next Fri now? Good going peeps i am glad as i am waiting on a new youth bob did u want a game on Tuesday?

Why not! I've got a few tactics up my sleevies I want to try. You can be at home again.

Wish I hadn't said anything now and just waited for an admin to sort things out. You would never have known my buffoonery! :p

Alliances

Atlético Aqui1a (Aqui1a)

Leeds M.O.T (Lucas3693)

Fedex United (not on forum)

---

The Roger Federer Crew (RogerFederer)

AFC Dedede (Dedede)

Multiple Scorgasms (TheFish)

---

Intergalactico Stars (Nikos9)

bob (bob)

Recall United (Jimbob)

---

Eights United (Tales)

Madpool (MadDog)

The Sixty-Fourthers (Gaggle64)

---

Yellow Submarine (Zell)

Winston Gardens FC (Dan-Likes-Trees)

AC Twozzinio (Twozzok)

---

DuDs Baggies (DuD)

The Familia FC (not on forum)

Russian Revolution (not on forum)

---

AC Elites (Ellmeister)

Cubic County (Cube)

Cider Seagulls (Jayseven)

---

Kippen FC (Charlie)

Hadens Rangers (Haden)

Les Balbuzards (not on forum)

---

Lylat Wanderers (The Peeps)

DRAGOOOOO (Fierce_Link)

Lords of Hydra (Esequiel)

---

Silverdale Salmon (Rowan)

Coloccini FC (Milagi)

Rossers Rovers (not on forum)

You do not have to do anything for alliances, it is simply a rating system based on your alliance's performance in the league. Your score is relative to your position in the table. So if you're 1st you get 10 points, 2nd you get 9 etc. The score for each alliance member is added to reach your total.

Feel free to pick a name for your alliance if you want :p

Do not forget to make your Predictions. Send a PM to me with your guesses for who will be 1st, 2nd and 3rd in each division. Also include who you think will be 8th, 9th and 10th in the top two divisions.

For a bonus point you can also predict the winning alliance!

Edited by The Peeps
Automerged Doublepost

Can we also predict which alliance will win? Eights/Poo/64thers look pretty good. After Intcallbob obviously.

Eights United (Tales)

Madpool (MadDog)

The Sixty-Fourthers (Gaggle64)

---

Yellow Submarine (Zell)

Winston Gardens FC (Dan-Likes-Trees)

AC Twozzinio (Twozzok)

Ooooohh yeah, the dream team!! Gotta be between these two alliances surely. Me and Zell are duking it out on tuesday to decide who is team leader. Leader gets to pick the name. Deal @Zell ?

Top first post Peepsy, sooo chuffed to be Rob Stark! Not convinced Joffery and Robbo should ever be in the same team so our alliance could be a bit awks!

After Intcallbob obviously.

How about StarReBob for our teamnam...flows a bit better? :p

Sorry didn't challenge you Nikos! Do you want to play on Tuesday or have break before start of season? I don't mind whichever!

No worries, it was a bit of a hopeful last minute thought but nevermind. I'm fine with Tuesday if you want to send me a challenge, our forms are pretty much as good as we're going to get them before the season anyway.

@RogerFederer is your friend Rossers Rovers? Any chance you could convince him to come back? He was a really good manager for the first half season.

Man I can't believe I am paired with that no hoper Charlie :P

As an Englishman, Scot and French inspired team our alliance could be something to link these three nations any Charlie?

How about StarReBob for our teamnam...flows a bit better? :p.

The ReBob Stars?