NEurope
Cube

Netflix Live action Marvel shows - Daredevil, Luke Cage, Iron Fist & Jessica Jones

Pretty sure these Netflix/The Defenders series are all gonna be self contained and only cross over with one another.

I'd like that to be the case. Would be cool if these characters made it into Infinity War though.

New images from the next show, with Jessica Jones, Luke Cade and The Purple Man

gYtkltP.jpg

P6dYL2x.jpg

L4dj4jE.jpg

Teaser time:

In addition: To no surprise Daredevil season 3 has been announced.

Iron Fist looks great, don't really know anything about the character but looking forward to that. Wish a few more things were coming out this year though :D

Although they haven't announced a specific role, Sigourney Weaver is the villain in The Defenders.

Although they haven't announced a specific role, Sigourney Weaver is the villain in The Defenders.

This is looking good!! And I didn't know Sigourney Weaver would be in The Defenders, great news!

That wildfire explosion really made Loras stronger

:laughing:

So is Iron Fist worth watching?

I heard it's getting very bad reviews, but 5 episodes in, and I'm enjoying it. A few niggles here and there, but so far I'm enjoying this more than Luke Cage.

I heard it's getting very bad reviews, but 5 episodes in, and I'm enjoying it. A few niggles here and there, but so far I'm enjoying this more than Luke Cage.

From what I've seen so far, those poor reviews do seem to be on the extreme side, but then again, one of the parts of this show that needs to be the strongest for this character to show development and emphasise his ability - Iron Fist, trained in martial arts for 15 years and all of that - are the fight sequences, which the lead character seems to be tame, at best, in. Seriously, I think other characters are getting better choreographed fight sequences than the lead, which is a bit worrying.

This show needed The Raid crew's support in ideas and flair for fighting sequences in my opinion.

Just finished Iron Fist and it was a bit meh. Better than Luke Cage IMO, but not great. It was all a bit vague, with no clear "bad guy" until the end, at which point it kind of fizzled out in an episode or two. I seem to remember Daredevil building characters (good and bad) much better and spending longer on plot points. I guess that's the advantage of 2 seasons though.

There's a couple of letdowns with Iron Fist, namely the fight choreography not being that exciting, especially with the lead as Julius pointed out. Seems a bit harsh to say but, maybe the actor just didn't git gud enough. But the main issue I have is that it's just not that gripping. Daredevil was full of epic, wow moments (a lot of the best shows lately are) and other contenders at least have smart, thoughtful dialog, but this is just kinda plodding along. It's enjoyable, but I'm a long way from being desperate to get straight to the next episode.

At least it's nowhere near as boring or slow as Luke Cage though.

So I said in the other thread I still think this is going to be the The Avengers of the Netflix series.. And this trailer reinforces that. I'm hyped!

There's also a Punisher trailer, but I don't know if that's online yet. Iron fist season 2 confirmed.

• Like 1

I loved the series of daredevil and Jessica Jones but I've yet to finish luke cage and start iron fist.

Need to catch up asap.

Just finished Defenders. Not brilliant unfortunately. Definitely didnt reach the highs of both Daredevil seasons or Jessica Jones.

• Like 1

I read that it's still a bit slow despite being only 8 episodes, is that true? I'm trying to convince my wife that we should watch it but  a bit afraid that she'll dislike it. None of us enjoyed JJ.